new OTA update

Search This thread

sevenalive

Nov 29, 2008
Arizona
Got a an update today for my US tf300. It failed like it always does since I'm root and now I can't redownload or try to install again, like it always does.

So for the ones who get the ota, please upload the file! It should be in /Cache

It will be a few days before a full flash is out.

Want proof? I can show a screenshot but it doesn't say anything besides an update is out. I couldn't get the date in the screenshot. Just take my word for it.

Side note: clearing cache and data for the dm and cm client does not work if an ota fails at install. Stop telling people it does.

mskmatt

Dec 1, 2010
i got the update

I have the update installed, I don't see any changes right now. Will advise if anything comes up.
I will try to pull it off of my cache & upload to all.
MK

counterfeit187

Sep 15, 2010
I also made a post about the ota update today. Unfortunately for you I already installed the update and my cache is empty. Sorry.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda premium

carlosraf20

Feb 23, 2008
Just to confirm that I am rooted and i was able to update.
I used Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to keep root:good:

I wander what are the changes with this update:confused:

Last edited:

nullzorz

Aug 13, 2010
Update worked and root restored.

Steps taken:

- Unfroze all apps
- Confirmed root backup existed, then temp unrooted.
- Rebooted
- Applied update
- Re-applied root

calisro

Sep 9, 2008
noneya
Update worked and root restored.

Steps taken:

- Unfroze all apps
- Confirmed root backup existed, then temp unrooted.
- Rebooted
- Applied update
- Re-applied root

FYI for others. No need to 'temp unroot'.... Just make sure you have a ota rootkeeper backup for pete's sake. :)

oh and nullzorz, your avatar is disturbing.

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Don't really notice much difference

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida
Well, I can report that the new update seems to have fixed the camera issue that had popped after the last update (JellyBean).

Before I couldn't take more than two or so pictures before I got a "messed" up picture or a all green picture. I just took 10 consecutive pictures with no issues.

Last edited:

calisro

Sep 9, 2008
noneya
Can anyone that had LAGGY JB before report what they see and if any of it is fixed? I'll post my results after I have played around with it enough too.

vap_66

Jun 12, 2011
Got the OTA update in România, installed it just fine. I'll see if anything is different (the only thing mentioned was "stability fixes" or something like that). Anyway, Asus moved quickly :D.

Later edit: Guys, don't forget to do a cold boot after each update.

Trimis de pe ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Last edited:

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
Not sure what's changed but the bugs I had concerned the HDMI output, are still there. Notification bar gets cut off and sound doesn't work on one of my TVs (works on other tv).

Anyways was able to restore root with RootKeeper and SuperSU easily.

Last edited:

xSvenHD

Aug 19, 2012
My update instalation failed also. I have rooted my tf300 what can i do?
I got a laying android with a red sign and my tablet restarted and said it failed.

lovfors

Oct 7, 2010
I got a laying android with a red sign and my tablet restarted and said it failed.

Did you have any frozen/removed apps? Had you modified your build.prop?

Edit: Did the update change the font? It seems slighly off :S

Last edited:

calisro

Sep 9, 2008
noneya

Take a look at the logfile here in /cache/recovery . IT will tell you WHY it failed. You can follow this thread to reapply the OTA manually BUT you will need to find the dlpkgfile matching this update. Someone will post it.... If they haven't already.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1845429

Yes, I also received the OTA update, right now. At the first sight, no difference. But using it you will see some improvements, I hope. I'm playing with it just half an hour, but I've noticed at least one change for good: the streaming internet TV works well again. I can see the motion picture in SPB TV app that broadcasted only voice after the first JB update.

But the MyLibrary remained buggy :( It shows the cover pages of the books, but when I open one, the app closes itself...

By the way, the update must be an incremental one (not full ROM), because it was downloaded very quickly, 1-2 minutes.

Anyway I'm glad that the repair OTA came quite soon! Let's try it heavily to see what changed and what not and gather our experience here!

Tibor

Reactions: UndisputedGuy

sten_amund

Aug 26, 2012
Finding after JB update

Got the JB update OTA today. I'm on the ww-version, stock, not rooted.
First impression: smooth running - found bug, though. The clock showing in the down right corner is not updating correctly; updates once every 10-15 minutes. System clock is and lock screen clock are OK, so it's a sw issue with this update (at least on mine). It worked as it should before the update. Did a cold boot and factory reset routine, even though the factory reset should not be necessary.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

First impression: smooth running - found bug, though. The clock showing in the down right corner is not updating correctly; updates once every 10-15 minutes. System clock is and lock screen clock are OK, so it's a sw issue with this update (at least on mine). It worked as it should before the update. Did a cold boot and factory reset routine, even though the factory reset should not be necessary.

Cheers

The clock issue is actually worse on my tablet than above described: the down right clock and the clock showing when opening the "dialogue box" are showing different times. The down right clock hasn't updated for 1/2 hr now and the clock within the "box" hasn't updated for an hour. To me this is a serious error - have reported it to Asus via their website.

Reactions: stekarson

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
I used to have that clock problem on ICS.

xSvenHD

Aug 19, 2012
Ow yeah i have a modified build.prop well than just wait a couple days for the download on the asus site i think
I first replaced it with the stock one so i don't forget it:p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    US OTA dlpkgfile

http://db.tt/9mXLI8JH

Here's a link to a copy of the US OTA dlpkgfile blob.

Got a an update today for my US tf300. It failed like it always does since I'm root and now I can't redownload or try to install again, like it always does.

So for the ones who get the ota, please upload the file! It should be in /Cache

It will be a few days before a full flash is out.

Want proof? I can show a screenshot but it doesn't say anything besides an update is out. I couldn't get the date in the screenshot. Just take my word for it.

Side note: clearing cache and data for the dm and cm client does not work if an ota fails at install. Stop telling people it does.
    Hi All,

Here is the dlpkgfile (WW Version) for the new update incase anyone wants it ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fhcpxp4l7f7ylf/dlpkgfile.zip

EDIT: I've just installed it and so far I'm impressed.
    Restored root easily, and everything seems a bit more stable.

Also, I don't have the clock problem that other people are mentioning.

Yes, I also received the OTA update, right now. At the first sight, no difference. But using it you will see some improvements, I hope. I'm playing with it just half an hour, but I've noticed at least one change for good: the streaming internet TV works well again. I can see the motion picture in SPB TV app that broadcasted only voice after the first JB update.

But the MyLibrary remained buggy :( It shows the cover pages of the books, but when I open one, the app closes itself...

By the way, the update must be an incremental one (not full ROM), because it was downloaded very quickly, 1-2 minutes.

Anyway I'm glad that the repair OTA came quite soon! Let's try it heavily to see what changed and what not and gather our experience here!

Tibor
    Finding after JB update

Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Cheers

The clock issue is actually worse on my tablet than above described: the down right clock and the clock showing when opening the "dialogue box" are showing different times. The down right clock hasn't updated for 1/2 hr now and the clock within the "box" hasn't updated for an hour. To me this is a serious error - have reported it to Asus via their website.