Flytouch 8 BC1003 Custom Rom and Locked Recovery

Search This thread

fldave612

Account currently disabled
Jul 22, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hey gang, I got this Flytouch 8 tablet last week, model number is BC1003, android version 4.0.4, baseband version 1.5rc4, kernel version 3.0.8+ jackie@ubuntu #68 Sat Dec 8 08:54:36 CST 2012, build number crane_bc1003-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20121217 test-keys.

I've tried several options to load the recovery partition, only way I can access the recovery is through the backup and reset menu in settings, if I try to do it with the device powered off and holding the menu and power it just boots normal. I've tried a number of options home+power, vol up or down + home, none work. When I do get into the recovery, I cannot scroll through the options only thing there is the android robot with a red triangle and an exclamtion point.

Recovery version says android system recovery 3e EVB-V13.

I also cant get the sd card to mount. I've tried refromatting it with fat32, fat16, ext3 ext4. everything I get a message saying sd card damaged. I've tried 3 different card and same thing.

Any ideas XDA friends? I would like to put a custom rom like AOSP or CM9 or CM10 on it and clockwork recovery if that is an option. I've searched the net high and low for roms, I find many for other Flytouch tablets, but not Flytouch 8. This is the allwinner A10 processor in this one.

Thanks for your help friends.

Reactions: aadat

cejean

Aug 26, 2012
I
Same problem her with a rooted FT 8 (same as yours)
After reboot i get sd card damage error.. after give this da RW i can mount this card again in settings/ storage.

After a reboot i get alway the error sd card damage....:(

I can get CWM 6.02 on this flytouch but didn`t get any custum roms or CWM backup installed...so get back tio basic image file with Livesuite.

have same recovery : recovery 3e EVB-V13 but cannot do anything with it. It don`t react with all the combination button on my flytouch.

Hopefully you can?;)

Last edited:

baschelik

Apr 11, 2012
Recovery menu

hi

I've got the same tablet from china, am stuck at same spot as you are all, but I figured out how to move through menu in recovery, use usb mouse or keyboard.... any news on some custom rom and installation on this lousy tablet would be appreciated......

Last edited:

fldave612

Jul 22, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Solved Recovery Issue.

Hey everyone. I found this thread today, I tried it and it works perfectly. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189640
I also read somewhere that Allwinner A10 and A13 cannot be flashed using stock recovery, you must use a program like Livesuit to flash firmwares. You can flash custom roms using CWM once it's installed on your device.

baschelik

Apr 11, 2012
Hey everyone. I found this thread today, I tried it and it works perfectly. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189640
I also read somewhere that Allwinner A10 and A13 cannot be flashed using stock recovery, you must use a program like Livesuit to flash firmwares. You can flash custom roms using CWM once it's installed on your device.

thanks man, this is good news, first step forward in cracking this damn slow tablet....now we need decent rom to install, any ideas?

SolidSnakeGr

Feb 10, 2011
Possible bricked BC1003.. :(

Hi there I've got the exact same tablet with you BC1003 Model Flytouch Allwinner A10 Superpad 8 1GB Ram version running Android 4.0.4 stock.
So after following guides and researching a lot I ended up trying to upgrade to Jelly Bean.

I got CWM 6.02 installed fine. So I started the flash process.
Firstly I backed up my stuff and then I did a wipe data / factory reset.

Then proceeded and installed the latest possible rom version which I found to be : AOKP JB 4.1.2 ALLWINNER A10.zip
So I installed that one and the process went fine.

Then I installed this compatibility pack : t05a-v3_compatibility_1.2.0.zip
It also went fine.

Then I installed this google apps pack : gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip
And it also installed normally.

So I was ready to reboot my tablet and so I did.
It turned off and then on again and here we are :

I now notice the screen turn on but it never shows anything..
Before flashing it it would turn on and show the Android OEM screen, then show the android loading text and then turn off and on and show the locked screen which I had to unlock and enter my desktop.
I notice that the screen light follows that pattern so the system is running normally only I don't get to actually see anything on it.

Now I'm kinda stuck here.. I've installed LiveSuite but when I try to install the recovery.img I have from my backup it says invalid image.. :(
Have I bricked it or is there a way out of this mess? :confused:

SolidSnakeGr

Feb 10, 2011
Actually it's not entirely bricked.. well I finally got it to work with LiveSuit 1.09 and managed to flash its firmware to a couple more roms.

1. sun4i_crane_t05a_20120409.img -> Ends up showing some messy stuff on the screen. Looks like the resolution is not correct.
2. sun4i_crane_futekoA90universal_20120531.img -> Shows lots of white stuff and colors switching jelly-like.. But still it doesn't work.
3. TAB360-364_Android_411_Jelly_Bean.img -> This is the official A10 Jelly Bean firmware for Yarvik TAB364 GoTab Gravity 8".. No wonder I still got back to the blank screen issue. I only notice the back light turn on and off following the pattern of normal functionality, only I'm not able to actually see it..

Well, at least I'm still able to keep flashing roms to it.. Any ideas?
I can't even find my stock rom to turn back to 4.0.4. Where exactly is it located in my recovery-mode backup?

Btw, in case it plays any part my tablet is 10.2''.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT : Finally I figured it out! My correct stock rom is : sun4i_crane_bc1003.img
I found it through google and after flashing to it I managed to get my tablet at a working state. (ICS 4.0.4 ICS 4.0.3)
So, I'll now try to use more Jelly Bean roms without worrying about bricking it.

Oh, something I noticed that might help others too.. even though on the packaging it says Flytouch Superpad 8 Allwinner A10 this tablet model (BC1003) is actually the Flytouch Superpad 7 and that helped me find my correct rom. Keep that in mind from now on. I'll keep you updated if I succeed in booting to Jelly Bean.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeGr

Feb 10, 2011
Finally some success.. :)

Well, I finally have some interesting updates on the subject.

I managed to get Jelly Bean to work (Versions 4.1.2 and 4.1.1) on my BC1003 tablet without a compatibility pack (still none has worked for me).

Details on 4.1.2 Version :
Rom File Name : AOKP-4.1.2-3.0.52-Revb.zip
System running smoothly with wifi working fine.
Sound is fine and no crashes occurred.
Touchscreen, screen rotation and camera do not work.
I noticed that I can't browse to my external sd card.. it doesn't seem to get mounted.

Details on 4.1.1 Version :
Rom File Name : cm10_a10_20120913.zip
System running extremely smooth with wifi working fine.
Sound is fine and I experienced no crashes.
Touchscreen, screen rotation and camera do not work.
Also could not mount my external sd card.
Important bug noticed : When I try to change the brightness of my tablet's screen it enters suspended mode no matter what I do and is not fixable. I had to reflash the rom to recover from that state.

I think most of the problems would go away if I found a compatible jelly bean compatibility pack for this tablet.
If anyone has any clue please let me know.

So far I've tried these with no luck :

t05a-v3_compatibility_1.2.0.zip
t05a-unk_compatibility_1.2.0.zip
907c_compatibility_1.2.0.zip

By the way the BC1003 ICS rom that I found to be working was actually not my manufacturer's and it was version 4.0.3 instead of 4.0.4 that my original one was.
So, @fldave612 if it's possible could you please backup and upload yours somewhere so that I can also have it?
EDIT: Actually I figured out that I had kept a good backup form my ICS 4.0.4 using clockwork backup/restore and switched back to that for now.
But I've kept a backup of my Jelly Bean installation too so it's very easy to switch to that now. I'll try again once we get a compatibility pack working.

I feel we're very close to completely upgrading to Jelly Bean now on this tablet. We only need a working compatibility pack.

Last edited:

baschelik

Apr 11, 2012
How did you succeed to install these ROMs, I tried both, installation went OK, but after reboot, only black screen......

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app

SolidSnakeGr

Feb 10, 2011
How did you succeed to install these ROMs, I tried both, installation went OK, but after reboot, only black screen......

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app

I just installed them without a compatibility pack. It's not the jelly bean build that fails.. it's just the compatibility pack.
I researched it a bit and starting to look for a compatibility pack that works on very similar tablets (10.2'' - 1024 x 600 - 1GB Ram).
I found some, and got it to boot without a blank screen. Some showed messy colors others seemed to be working fine but still no touch..

So until we get one working on our specific precious tablet, we're kinda stuck here.. :(

The 4.1.2 version seemed to be working fine but without touchscreen it's pretty much useless.
We could live without a camera or screen rotation, but not without touchscreen..
I even figured out that I could browse to the external sd card by going to root and then storage folder.. instead of mnt..

Actually now I'm stuck with ICS 4.0.3 since the original backup I kept proved to not be working fine.. it kept on crashing all the time..
So if someone has the original BC1003 ICS 4.0.4 that came from the manufacturer please upload it somewhere and post a link here.

Also if someone works on it to create a touchscreen driver for the world would become more beautiful.. :)

fldave612

Jul 22, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Go to this link: http://www.maixin-china.com/software-download.asp Scroll down about half way and go to the link for "MaPan F10B (Cortex A8 Flytouch 6 and Flytouch 8) Software". I used the newest one 11-28.

This is a firmware is the one for this tablet. Use Livesuit to flash it, it will restore the tablet back to 4.0.4 factory.

It is virtually impossible to brick an A10 tablet from what I'm reading because it can be flashed via usb and have to boot loader re-imaged.

This link is very helpful to flash via Livesuit: http://elinux.org/Hack_A10_devices

Hope this helps you all as much as it did for me. Hopefully in the near future some developers will build a CM10 or higher version that will work on this tablet, until then I'll use this rom with Clockwork recovery mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex_hk90

alex_hk90

Jul 8, 2010
London
I've also got this tablet (BC1003) - thank you for all the useful information posted on this thread so far. :)

If I've understood correctly, it's possible to install custom firmware using LiveSuite but at the moment none of them fully support this tablet - is that right?

At the very least I'm looking for a way to increase the size of the internal memory partition - the stock partition table has this unnecessary virtual sdcard partition taking most of the 2GB internal memory...

-Sean-

Aug 19, 2013
burntwood
i have one of these damn slow tablets

i watched a vid on youtube about how to remove the internal sd card it is so simple to do it only take like 3 mins and 7 screws ive done this and put a 16gb card in there :p
i cant post a link but heres the name of the vid "Flytouch 5 / Superpad 6 V10 - Disassembly - Access to internal TF"

it is not the same tablet but is pretty much the same
Tip use a knife to pop the caps off the outside i found this easier
try not to stab yourself.
thanks if i helped you out

silent_92

Jan 23, 2014
noob

okay so i tried to install a new rom on my allwinner a10 bc1003 and ended up only booting a black screen i dont know what im doing as this is my first tablet an very little computer knolage but im interested i had seen in a post he used livesuit to flash the new rom.... i dont understand how that works if anyone could sit down and teach me that would be apriciated

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Actually it's not entirely bricked.. well I finally got it to work with LiveSuit 1.09 and managed to flash its firmware to a couple more roms.

1. sun4i_crane_t05a_20120409.img -> Ends up showing some messy stuff on the screen. Looks like the resolution is not correct.
2. sun4i_crane_futekoA90universal_20120531.img -> Shows lots of white stuff and colors switching jelly-like.. But still it doesn't work.
3. TAB360-364_Android_411_Jelly_Bean.img -> This is the official A10 Jelly Bean firmware for Yarvik TAB364 GoTab Gravity 8".. No wonder I still got back to the blank screen issue. I only notice the back light turn on and off following the pattern of normal functionality, only I'm not able to actually see it..

Well, at least I'm still able to keep flashing roms to it.. Any ideas?
I can't even find my stock rom to turn back to 4.0.4. Where exactly is it located in my recovery-mode backup?

Btw, in case it plays any part my tablet is 10.2''.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT : Finally I figured it out! My correct stock rom is : sun4i_crane_bc1003.img
I found it through google and after flashing to it I managed to get my tablet at a working state. (ICS 4.0.4 ICS 4.0.3)
So, I'll now try to use more Jelly Bean roms without worrying about bricking it.

Oh, something I noticed that might help others too.. even though on the packaging it says Flytouch Superpad 8 Allwinner A10 this tablet model (BC1003) is actually the Flytouch Superpad 7 and that helped me find my correct rom. Keep that in mind from now on. I'll keep you updated if I succeed in booting to Jelly Bean.

okay im sitting at this point but i dont understand the flashing with livesuit

flusspferd

Nov 17, 2013
With the Windows utility "Phoenix Card" it is possible to burn the MaPan image mentioned above to a micro SD card. After inserting the micro SD card into the tablet and booting up the image will be flashed onto the tablet, indicated by a progress bar and a ticking sound.This works for our tablet, and should work for firmware for several Allwinner A10 and A20 tablets plus some other processor families (vimicro?).

Nano Filipe

Dec 26, 2014
cant find 1 that works the inside says Yones toptech BC 1003 all winers A10

With the Windows utility "Phoenix Card" it is possible to burn the MaPan image mentioned above to a micro SD card. After inserting the micro SD card into the tablet and booting up the image will be flashed onto the tablet, indicated by a progress bar and a ticking sound.This works for our tablet, and should work for firmware for several Allwinner A10 and A20 tablets plus some other processor families (vimicro?).

hi ... i have a Yones toptech BC 1003 all winers A10 (superpad 8 / flaytouch) that im trying to fix...

after 3 days trying every possible firmware, and booting them from external sd card
all i could do was change de logo at boot start from (mapan to kosaco, to oem etc..)
than i had the idea of removing the internal sd card to look at it ...
and guess what it still runs the same with out no sd card in or out
so i thought ... the sd card was never read in the first place cause is damage or corrupted...
so on the 4th day im trying to format and partition the new internal sd card... hoping for the best.

so...
is the firmware installed in a built in memory ??
and how do i format the internall card TF card , and install all the software again

DocHarry

Apr 4, 2015
Problems with CWM v6.0.2.8

Sorry to interrupt people, but I'm quite new at this and I guess I made a mess....
I have a Flytouch Superpad VIII with A10 inside (BC1003), which is bricked.
Don't ask me how I got it this way, I guess **** happens.
Downloaded and installed CWM-based Recovery v6.0.2.8 only to find that on the log it cannot mount...
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache recovery/last log

My idea is that I probably used the wrong version of CWM, but if not the case, please tell me.
Anybody know a fix on this?
I've already intalled ADB drivers on my PC and at least I can communicate with my device using ADB.

Any help on unblocking the device and then flashing it would be greatly appreciated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved Recovery Issue.

Hey gang, I got this Flytouch 8 tablet last week, model number is BC1003, android version 4.0.4, baseband version 1.5rc4, kernel version 3.0.8+ jackie@ubuntu #68 Sat Dec 8 08:54:36 CST 2012, build number crane_bc1003-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20121217 test-keys.

I've tried several options to load the recovery partition, only way I can access the recovery is through the backup and reset menu in settings, if I try to do it with the device powered off and holding the menu and power it just boots normal. I've tried a number of options home+power, vol up or down + home, none work. When I do get into the recovery, I cannot scroll through the options only thing there is the android robot with a red triangle and an exclamtion point.

Recovery version says android system recovery 3e EVB-V13.

I also cant get the sd card to mount. I've tried refromatting it with fat32, fat16, ext3 ext4. everything I get a message saying sd card damaged. I've tried 3 different card and same thing.

Any ideas XDA friends? I would like to put a custom rom like AOSP or CM9 or CM10 on it and clockwork recovery if that is an option. I've searched the net high and low for roms, I find many for other Flytouch tablets, but not Flytouch 8. This is the allwinner A10 processor in this one.

Thanks for your help friends.
    Go to this link: http://www.maixin-china.com/software-download.asp Scroll down about half way and go to the link for "MaPan F10B (Cortex A8 Flytouch 6 and Flytouch 8) Software". I used the newest one 11-28.

This is a firmware is the one for this tablet. Use Livesuit to flash it, it will restore the tablet back to 4.0.4 factory.

It is virtually impossible to brick an A10 tablet from what I'm reading because it can be flashed via usb and have to boot loader re-imaged.

This link is very helpful to flash via Livesuit: http://elinux.org/Hack_A10_devices

Hope this helps you all as much as it did for me. Hopefully in the near future some developers will build a CM10 or higher version that will work on this tablet, until then I'll use this rom with Clockwork recovery mod.