[APP] Camera Mute Version 1.5 (11-19-13) - Mute your camera shutter without ROOT

Search This thread

Glen L

Sep 20, 2007
Hi, this is a simple app that I created using tasker.
My Note 3 doesnt have the option to turn off the shutter sound, this is why I made this app.

Originally made for my Samsung Note 3, but I've tried on Samsung Note 2 and it also works.
Basically it just mutes that annoying shutter sound without Root.

Some Samsung devices don't have this option.

Anyways, don't have a good icon yet but once I do have a good icon I'll post in in playstore as well.
Anyone has a good icon? :)

Now it only works for Stock Camera app.
How It works:
If you launch your camera, it will mute your phone, if you exit the camera application it will restore the sound of your phone.. that simple.

Disclaimer:
- In some places, muting your camera shutter isn't permitted. Please obey local laws.
By installing Camera Mute, you agree that the author of the application will not be held responsible in any actions that you make.

Compatibility:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Grand (Stock Camera)
- Lenovo P780 (Super Camera)
- Huawei Ascend D1 XL (Stock Camera)

If it works for you guys, I'd appreciate it if you can post here and tell me the model number so I can update the list.

If it doesn't work for your phone tell me and I'll get in touch with you so that we can make it work or at least try to get it to work :good: :highfive: :fingers-crossed:

Changelog:
Version 1.0 - 10/28/13 - Initial Release
Version 1.1 - 10/29/13 - New UI
Version 1.2 - 10/30/13 - Added support for Lenovo's Super Camera (Tested on Lenovo P780)
- Added support for Huawei's Stock Camera (Tested on Huawei Ascend D1 XL)
Version 1.3 - 10/31/13 - Added EULA
Version 1.4 - 11/04/13 - Added Delay Sound Option.

Hear a small beep sound after you exit the camera application?
What Camera Mute does is it mutes your phone when you are running the camera application, and it unmutes the phone when you exit.
When you put your phone on silent mode then put it back to normal mode you will hear a small beep. Its the same beeping sound that you will hear when you exit your camera. This is due to how Android was designed. As of now, I don't know if its possible to mute that sound as well without ROOT access. Please don't post that Camera Mute doesn't work in case you hear that sound. I've designed the application to silence the shutter, and nothing more.

Doesn't work for you? Read this part
- If this app doesn't work for you, you can help me out by sending me the camera app name and package name.

1) Download the app called ApkSpy by ido, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1115021
2) Drop your camera apk file and send me a screenshot or the name of the app name and package name.

or send me the apk file please email it to glen.c.lee@gmail.com

In order to get the apk file from your phone I use an awesome tool name Apk Share & Backup by KN Inc.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kayan.nurav.apkshare&hl=en

This app was done using Tasker, please support Tasker by Crafty Apps.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en

Limitations:
Some phones doesn't turn off the camera shutter even if you put the phone on silent. If that's the same case with your phone then there is no way that Camera Mute will work.

Update: 11/03/2013
New version will be out soon. I can't do anything about the beep sound when your phone unmutes, however I can delay it. I have updated the program (soon to be released) now it has a counter. You will have the option to change the seconds on when the phone unmutes. Its the only workaround I can think of right now. Would anyone be interested in that feature? Example I have the counter set to 5seconds, so after you exit the camera app, it will take 5 seconds before you will hear that beep sound.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-29-07-17-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-29-07-17-11.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 21,526
  • CameraMute1_5.apk
    964.9 KB · Views: 303,913
Last edited:

Ted A

Aug 8, 2009
It works on my S3. Thank you.

Edit: the only problem is it beeps when you exit out of camera app. Not exactly a complete silence. LOL Perhaps you can fix that...

Last edited:
Reactions: Glen L

Glen L

Sep 20, 2007

Edit: the only problem is it beeps when you exit out of camera app. Not exactly a complete silence. LOL Perhaps you can fix that...

That sound isn't from the application. Its the default sound samsung makes when you unmute/unsilent your phone. Im not sure if I can do anything about it but I will check.

ForeverTroll

Oct 20, 2013
It doesn't work at all on my Gn3 (N9005, stock not rooted) :\ Is there anything special to do ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 with Tapatalk

Last edited:

Glen L

Sep 20, 2007

Glen L

Sep 20, 2007
when i try to install it with my galaxy s3, it appears application not installed.

did you install the previous version? if so, kindly uninstall that one first.
If not, can you install APK files? make sure you can install APK files, go to Settings -> Security -> Check "Unknown source".

m.kf

Oct 6, 2013
did you install the previous version? if so, kindly uninstall that one first.
If not, can you install APK files? make sure you can install APK files, go to Settings -> Security -> Check "Unknown source".

i didn't install the prervious version ,and other apk files can install without any question . i've checked "unknown source" before. my firmware is ZCEMF2(4.1.2)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, this is a simple app that I created using tasker.
    My Note 3 doesnt have the option to turn off the shutter sound, this is why I made this app.

Originally made for my Samsung Note 3, but I've tried on Samsung Note 2 and it also works.
    Basically it just mutes that annoying shutter sound without Root.

Some Samsung devices don't have this option.

Anyways, don't have a good icon yet but once I do have a good icon I'll post in in playstore as well.
    Anyone has a good icon? :)

Now it only works for Stock Camera app.
    How It works:
    If you launch your camera, it will mute your phone, if you exit the camera application it will restore the sound of your phone.. that simple.

Disclaimer:
    - In some places, muting your camera shutter isn't permitted. Please obey local laws.
    By installing Camera Mute, you agree that the author of the application will not be held responsible in any actions that you make.

Compatibility:
    - Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Stock Camera)
    - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Stock Camera)
    - Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Stock Camera)
    - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (Stock Camera)
    - Samsung Galaxy S2 (Stock Camera)
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 (Stock Camera)
    - Samsung Galaxy S4 (Stock Camera)
    - Samsung Grand (Stock Camera)
    - Lenovo P780 (Super Camera)
    - Huawei Ascend D1 XL (Stock Camera)

If it works for you guys, I'd appreciate it if you can post here and tell me the model number so I can update the list.

If it doesn't work for your phone tell me and I'll get in touch with you so that we can make it work or at least try to get it to work :good: :highfive: :fingers-crossed:

Changelog:
    Version 1.0 - 10/28/13 - Initial Release
    Version 1.1 - 10/29/13 - New UI
    Version 1.2 - 10/30/13 - Added support for Lenovo's Super Camera (Tested on Lenovo P780)
    - Added support for Huawei's Stock Camera (Tested on Huawei Ascend D1 XL)
    Version 1.3 - 10/31/13 - Added EULA
    Version 1.4 - 11/04/13 - Added Delay Sound Option.

Hear a small beep sound after you exit the camera application?
    What Camera Mute does is it mutes your phone when you are running the camera application, and it unmutes the phone when you exit.
    When you put your phone on silent mode then put it back to normal mode you will hear a small beep. Its the same beeping sound that you will hear when you exit your camera. This is due to how Android was designed. As of now, I don't know if its possible to mute that sound as well without ROOT access. Please don't post that Camera Mute doesn't work in case you hear that sound. I've designed the application to silence the shutter, and nothing more.

Doesn't work for you? Read this part
    - If this app doesn't work for you, you can help me out by sending me the camera app name and package name.

1) Download the app called ApkSpy by ido, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1115021
    2) Drop your camera apk file and send me a screenshot or the name of the app name and package name.

or send me the apk file please email it to glen.c.lee@gmail.com

In order to get the apk file from your phone I use an awesome tool name Apk Share & Backup by KN Inc.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kayan.nurav.apkshare&hl=en

This app was done using Tasker, please support Tasker by Crafty Apps.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en

Limitations:
    Some phones doesn't turn off the camera shutter even if you put the phone on silent. If that's the same case with your phone then there is no way that Camera Mute will work.

Update: 11/03/2013
    New version will be out soon. I can't do anything about the beep sound when your phone unmutes, however I can delay it. I have updated the program (soon to be released) now it has a counter. You will have the option to change the seconds on when the phone unmutes. Its the only workaround I can think of right now. Would anyone be interested in that feature? Example I have the counter set to 5seconds, so after you exit the camera app, it will take 5 seconds before you will hear that beep sound.
    thanks works great on my VZ N3! Exactly what I was looking for! Cheers!:good::good:

Thanks for this awesome tweak Glen! :D
    Does the job nicely, thanks!