[Q] SOME data works, some doesn't. I need to understand...

Search This thread

guy48065

Dec 11, 2013
MI
(on Net10) On the road I can usually get a browser to open but not much else seems to work the way it should. Navigation, Places, Latitude can't seem to determine my location, or find anything I search for, using towers. If I enable GPS I get my exact location but still can't find destinations (searching...goes on forever). Voice searches always end with "Connection problem". These problems occur whether I'm showing 4 bars of H+, or anything less. In other words--always.
If I'm in a place with wi-fi then all works fine and without hesitation.

No problems with calls, SMS, or MMS.

Can someone please clue me in to the different types of wireless data so I can understand what's not working?

Last edited:

guy48065

Dec 11, 2013
MI
Error msg from Google maps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-08-15-50-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-08-15-50-03.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

guy48065

Dec 11, 2013
MI
An update for future Google visitors: It's taken me lots of time and many calls to the mostly-inept reps at Net10 to get to the bottom of my strange on-road data behavior. I still don't have an answer to my question about
different "types" of data but after a full day of .08Mbps dl speeds I made yet another call and it was finally discovered that when Net10 ported my phone number the rep created a new account for it. When I called to register it it was incorrectly provisioned.

The many calls to Net10 where I was constantly assured "my account" is properly set up was a waste of time--they were looking at the wrong account.

This hopefully is rare so might not be any use to anyone but don't give up bugging them till you get the performance you were promised.