4.4.2 NAE root? Will it trip the Knox flag?

Search This thread

exhilaration

Jul 6, 2011
My happily rooted GS4's screen died and I took it Sprint for a replacement. They gave me a refurbished GS4 SPH-L720 with Android 4.4.2 and this build/baseband L720VPUFNAE. I've spent some time searching and I'm still not sure I've got the latest info on this:

1. Can I root? Based on this thread I think I can use CF Root but I'm not sure.
  2. Will rooting trip the Knox flag and possibly void my warranty? Based on my searches, yes, I think it will trip the Knox flag. As of now there's no way around it.
  3. Can I downgrade without tripping the Knox flag? No, I don't think I can.
Can anyone confirm that this the latest status on NAE? I'd rather avoid tripping the Knox flag, just because, but I'd like to have root back for RoamControl, Titanium Backup, and Tasker. And anyway, if the phone fails again I'm pretty no one at Sprint will be looking at the Knox flag when I go in to switch it out (or will they???).

leaderbuilder

My happily rooted GS4's screen died and I took it Sprint for a replacement. They gave me a refurbished GS4 SPH-L720 with Android 4.4.2 and this build/baseband L720VPUFNAE. I've spent some time searching and I'm still not sure I've got the latest info on this:

1. Can I root? Based on this thread I think I can use CF Root but I'm not sure.
  2. Will rooting trip the Knox flag and possibly void my warranty? Based on my searches, yes, I think it will trip the Knox flag. As of now there's no way around it.
  3. Can I downgrade without tripping the Knox flag? No, I don't think I can.
Can anyone confirm that this the latest status on NAE? I'd rather avoid tripping the Knox flag, just because, but I'd like to have root back for RoamControl, Titanium Backup, and Tasker. And anyway, if the phone fails again I'm pretty no one at Sprint will be looking at the Knox flag when I go in to switch it out (or will they???).
1 yes.
2. yes.
3 no.

all the answers are here. looks like you've found them