[ROM][OFFICIAL][AOSP][KK][05/09] **C-RoM** -***4.4.4***- -v7.1!

Search This thread

ksmullins88

Dec 16, 2010
Detroit, MI
Running well on my phone with lean kernel with ART. Only issue I had is duplicates in sounds. Pretty awesome.

Huge thank you. :thumbup:

Sent from the MotorCity

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
Last edited:

Shod20

Sep 24, 2013
is it okay to dirty flash this on top of 6.6 or should i do a clean install since it's 7.x?

Last edited:

thepiecesfit

May 22, 2008
Problem

Dont know if something is up with this rom or my phone . But since installing this rom I have issues booting my phone from powered down state. Battery ran dry tonight and it goes into an endless reboot. If i pull the battery and power it up its fine.

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
Dont know if something is up with this rom or my phone . But since installing this rom I have issues booting my phone from powered down state. Battery ran dry tonight and it goes into an endless reboot. If i pull the battery and power it up its fine.
Did you wipe phone completely before flashing?, only issues I have with this ROM are Bluetooth not working and all notification tones not sticking after reboot.

thepiecesfit

May 22, 2008
Did you wipe phone completely before flashing?, only issues I have with this ROM are Bluetooth not working and all notification tones not sticking after reboot.

Yep wipe, flash ota update test, flash rom, flash gapps. It has also rebooted on me once using stop watch. Other than that it has been okay. Think there are some issues in 4.4 in general.

I just started having the warning appear on my screen, "Unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped" appear. Most times it renders my phone where the screen will go blank but the soft buttons at the bottom of the phone light up. Other times the phone will just lock up and shut down. Pulling the battery is the only way to get the phone to operate. I did a clean install, not using anything but what came with the 7.1 download. I was using google now launcher for awhile before I started having issues but I switched back to one that came with the rom with the same problems existing. I had issues with the earlier version of google now launcher when running another rom so thought it may be an issue. Any suggestions? I am going to try another clean install and see if the issue comes back.

Last edited:

iPenguin02

Sep 23, 2013
Great Rom love it so far. I do have 2 questions

1. Anyone have any issues with zedge when they set a ringtone? When i downloaded a song it doesn't loops, once it is done it stops making a sound while i am receiving a call.

2. Anyone know of a good tethering app that will work with kitkat? I read in a few places that it's hard to tether with kitkat, but i assume thats with stock rom. correct me if i'm wrong of course.

johnny tsunami

Jul 21, 2010
I'm wanting to pull the trigger on an aosp ROM like this one, but the Bluetooth problem is a big one for me. Also what gapps version would I need if I get it from cm? Hopefully I can try this one out. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

thepiecesfit

May 22, 2008
Anyone having issues receiving calls on this rom? Few people call me I pick up nothing. Keeps ringing on the other side. This is a problem. May need to uninstall. I can reproduce with my wife's phone every time. Need to hang up and call her back.

vestaviajag

Oct 28, 2006
South Fork, NC
I'm wanting to pull the trigger on an aosp ROM like this one, but the Bluetooth problem is a big one for me. Also what gapps version would I need if I get it from cm? Hopefully I can try this one out. Thanks.

The only version of this ROM that has the bluetooth bug is 7.1, try the 6.6 version, it's practically flawless... I can't find anything wrong with it.

As for the gapps, just use the set in the OP. I find if you start using other gapps not associate with a specific ROM you start getting issues. Go with what the OP/Dev has suggested.

Reactions: johnny tsunami

johnny tsunami

Jul 21, 2010
The only version of this ROM that has the bluetooth bug is 7.1, try the 6.6 version, it's practically flawless... I can't find anything wrong with it.

As for the gapps, just use the set in the OP. I find if you start using other gapps not associate with a specific ROM you start getting issues. Go with what the OP/Dev has suggested.

I clicked the one in the op and it takes me to CW's site, and list some from 7-11 which is what gives me the confusion. also ill look into 6.6 thanks.

b1ggjoe

Hello Everyone,

Quick question: I installed this ROM last night on my Sprint SGS3. It booted up once and all seemed perfect. Then while I was going through the setup process, it rebooted for no apparent reason, then got stuck in an endless boot-loop cycle. Nothing I did worked to get it unstuck out of that boot-loop cycle.

Then as a desperate attempt, I went into Recovery and chose 'Fix Permissions'. Somehow that did something, because afterwards it rebooted perfectly.

I then finished up the setup process and began installing apps. I did a reboot (I forgot why) and then the boot-loop cycle began once again.

Now, even if I do 'Fix Permissions'...nothing will get it out of the boot-loop cycle.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

BJ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ydEgak.png

GALAXY S III D2LTE!!!! C-RoM Series.

============================================================

O2JmN5.jpg

Ell4zv.png

Changelogs Here

p44pRq.png

Credits:

@aways!!!!
    [THANK YOU! for creating this Incredible rom! THIS is who ALL credit and donations SHOULD go to!] :)
    CarbonROM
    CyanogenMod And @pawitp
    AOKP
    PARANOIDANDROID Team.
    PAC-RoM Team
    SlimRoms
    AICP
    Dirty Unicorns
    AOSB
    DaxxmaX for Features.
    droidjam For His Help
    If i Forgot Your Name Please PM Me...
    [Thank's Alot]

Freenode : #C-RoM

LPPWpb.png

ekoYOq.png
    KP9E26.png
    eXAY65.png
    xVdy9B.png
    Krrd0a.png
    wb349j.png
    eXAY3D.png
    eNPb2L.png

djjAnr.png

• WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + Format System)
    • Install the ROM from internal sdcard
    • Select Rom Zip And Flash, then select GAPPS of choice (doesnt have to be from below, im using PA GAPPS myself...) And Flash
    • Reboot And Enjoy...

IF U WOULD LIKE TO UPDATE VIA OTA U HAVE TO FLASH THIS FIRST!!!! IT IS FOR ALL DEVICES!!!!

4mmvLJ.png

GAPPs from here

C-ROM_d2lte.zip OTA-updates should work! please review install instructions!

yddrP7.png

Kernel Source

Rom Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][AOSP][KK][05/09] **C-RoM** -4.4.4- -v7.1..., a ROM for the GALAXY S III D2LTE

Contributors
    aways!!!!
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Root And Custom Recovery Mod
    Based On: AOSP, CyanogenMod, AOKP, PARANOID, CarbonROM

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7.1

Created 2013-09-13
    Last Updated 2014-06-23
    op updated to v7.1! android 4.4.4!!!!
    op updated to v5.6!
    the hardest working man in romdev.
    Aways has released his v6.0

Pretty excited, as the changelog indicates a bunch of new upgrades and functions.

One function in particular, I had a question about. Aways has added in OTA updates to 6.0. Since our version seems to be ported, or built by another (THANK YOU BY THE WAY), will the OTA feature not work for us? Just curious.

Love this ROM!

EDIT: 6.1 is out, apparently with a fix for MMS, which FC in 6.0. Hope Deliberate can keep this going. Appreciate his, and Aways, efforts!!! Thank you!