[ROM][BUMP][All Variants] OptimusG3 Rom

Search This thread

gab1972

Sep 12, 2009
Irmo, SC
Anyone know of a way to incorporate an icon pack into the LG Home launcher? I normally use Nova, but I've actually been enjoying the LG Home screen...but I'd like to change the icons with a pack. Xposed maybe?

joeynox

Sep 21, 2013
Im having crazy signal and mms issues. Most of the time.my mms fails to send on stock. Sms and textra, gosms. Also my reception has been very flakey. I get lte but my speeds seem slower than normal and. I also seem to lose reception more frequently. Wtf is going on ?

gab1972

Sep 12, 2009
Irmo, SC
Is there a way to set Notification & Ringing volume separately?
They both seem to work together and I cannot mute or lower volume of notifications.
Anybody else facing or got a fix?

Do you mean other than tapping the settings button next to the slider bar after you tap the volume button? If you tap the volume button, when the slider menu comes up, tap the settings button. You should then be able to adjust separate volumes.

Or did you mean something else?

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Im having crazy signal and mms issues. Most of the time.my mms fails to send on stock. Sms and textra, gosms. Also my reception has been very flakey. I get lte but my speeds seem slower than normal and. I also seem to lose reception more frequently. Wtf is going on ?

Have you tried editing the build prop as mentioned in post #1722 above and a few others? I used what was suggested in post #818 and I have not yet had any problems.

Reactions: juliocesar55

CharlzO_2000

Apr 6, 2011
I'm SO wanting to enjoy this ROM! Unfortunately I'm running into an issue with Data connectivity over the network. WiFi works fine, but I get no data at all without it. Just a rundown of what I've tried so far (This is also coming from C-Rom 4.4.4 version running the KK baseband already and working fine) - Also, on a VS980 on Verizon, for what it's worth.

Full clean install, installation goes without a hiccup. Won't let me enter a google account without going to WiFi. Loading under WiFi it reinstalls all apps and things as expected. However turning WiFi off goes to a Roaming signal. Enabling data roaming doesn't give data connection. Changing the Country and operator to US (or us) and VZW (or vzw) changes the indicator from roaming to 3G, but doesn't ever un-grey, and doesn't give connection. Turn on WiFi, data like normal.

Tried removing the SIM and putting that back in on a whim, no change.

Double-checked all the prop files I've found mentioned in this thread to date - operator, country, LTE device, network, all match what I've seen so far referenced in here. I flashed my backup back to C-ROM, data works fine with WiFi off.

Only thing I can think, is maybe CWM isn't getting a full wipe completely, and something hanging up? I have no idea at this point. Everything else works great (the random WiFi toggle fc but that might be something to do with my issue, based on some things I've read). I'll reload TWRP and see I guess? I hate to have to redownload the ROM to try again, but I guess I can queue that up and try later...

Love the ROM, it's gorgeous to look at, and was really hoping I could get it to work. However, not having any data without WiFi kinda doesn't work well... Definitely open to any suggestions at this point!

EDIT: Update: I got to work, ran TWRP instead, wiped, and installed fresh again. Soon as it fired up, Bam, 4G, and instantly started loading up without enabling WiFi. The only differences, are the TWRP load, and that I'm at work where I have 4G versus home where I was previously, using a network extender. Still remains to be seen what happens when I leave town and revert to 3G, but for now, time to play!

Last edited:

rahulsuneja

Dec 13, 2011
New Delhi
You misunderstood me. Changing the volume for notification sounds automatically changes the ringtone volume too. Means I can't have different volume levels for ringer & notification alerts. This is what I want to do!

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda premium

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
You misunderstood me. Changing the volume for notification sounds automatically changes the ringtone volume too. Means I can't have different volume levels for ringer & notification alerts. This is what I want to do!

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda premium
When you pull down the notification bar and tap hold the sound button, then tap volumes, you see anything like this?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

SilentO

Jan 31, 2008
avadysyg.jpg
Anyone able to get Isis to work with this rom on Verizon network?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

djmdias

Dec 10, 2009
LS980 LGSmartcardService stop

Hi there,

With version 1.2 on a sprint LS980, after each boot I get twice the message "Unfortunately, LGSmartcardService has stoped."
Do you know what to do to stop these 2 messages from poping up after each reboot, and what is causing this?

Thank you,

jptesar

Sep 23, 2010
Houston, TX
Hi there,

With version 1.2 on a sprint LS980, after each boot I get twice the message "Unfortunately, LGSmartcardService has stoped."
Do you know what to do to stop these 2 messages from poping up after each reboot, and what is causing this?

Thank you,
I froze the apk with titanium. Maybe not the proper fix but it went away at least.

CharlzO_2000

Apr 6, 2011
Just an update on my own issues, and I'm pretty sure I'm in a very small percentage here with it.

Everything works great on the ROM so far for me. I loaded it at work, 4G/3G hand-offs have been fine, all the way home. WiFi at home works fine. It does shine a little light on the no data issue I had originally though. I have a Verizon Network Extender at the house, due to very low signal. It has worked perfectly fine on every other phone and ROM, until this one. For some reason, this won't pick up the data from the Network Extender. Regular voice side is fine, and as long as I have WiFi enabled, I get data. EXCEPT....picture messages can't come through when I'm home because of it. I have no idea what would cause that, or what possible editing could configure it. Sadly, the phone picks up the extender throughout my whole yard, so the only way to even try to get it to connect to the straight network data is to unplug it, go outside and try to get a strong enough signal to get the message (not been successful in that yet this morning...), then come back in and plug it back in.

Works fine on any other ROM though. I can sit here on WiFi, and when sending or rec'ing a picture message, the phone will kick over to the data of the network extender, and then send, and then switch back. This ROM doesn't seem to recognize the data side of the extender.

I can't quite justify backing to my other ROM just because of it, but I'm hoping I can somehow stumble across a solution somewhere. Just figured I'd put this out there, in case other people using Extenders/Micro-cells/etc have similar issues.

wisepage

Dec 17, 2010
Flashed last night, so far extremely impressed. One thing, which I've seen has been posted earlier in the thread but not for a while. Settings > Display > Home touch buttons > Button combination gives me an FC. Was there ever a fix for this?

dwest3784

Oct 12, 2008
Evansville
4G LTE

Is there a way I can change the 4G icon to the LTE icon. I know you can the in the build prop but I don't know which one to edit. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2aivmd.jpg

qbjTUtL.jpg

33pbkvp.jpg
    * Ported From Official D855 10L Firmware

* Base On New LG D802 20G Firmware

* Aroma Installer

* Stock KK kernels

* Rooted With SuperSu

* BusyBox

* Odexed

* Zipaligned

* 3 Way Reboot Option

* Call Recording Feature

* Split View

* Hide NavBar

* Mini View

* Buttons Combination

* Brightness And Volume Toggle

* New Lock Screen With 13 Unlock Effects

* Knock Code Support

* LG G3 Camera With 4K Support , Slow Motion And Magic Focus + Pro2 Camera

* Remove Bloatware

* Remove A lot Of Useless Apps And Files

* New Ringtones And Notifications Sounds

* New Boot Animation

* New Shutdown Animation

* New Boot Sound

1Y00RDh.jpg

6ym9nq.jpg

PS: 1.4.1 is the Last version that made by me all other versions is not mine (it need JB Bootloader)

2rw7y8m.jpg

* Root Your Device

* Flash Custom Recovery

* Full Wipe (Wipe Date/Factory Rest, Wipe Cache, System, Data)

* Install The Rom

* Reboot And Enjoy

IeMJfLl.jpg

25zqb6g.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    OptimusG3 Rom, ROM for the LG G2

Contributors
    OptimusRs
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Kitkat Baseband

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.4.1
    Stable Release Date: 2016-04-01

Created 2014-06-19
    Last Updated 2017-09-05
    33xhpqg.jpg

Q: I Have MTP Issues / Bug?

A: Check this maybe it will help

Q: I Have LS980/VS980 And CDMA , MMS not work

A: This Rom is Port from GSM Device And it For GSM Users Only CDMA Users Will Get Some Problems With This Rom and For SMS Use Hangouts App Or Any SMS Apps From Play Store.

*LS980 Users Check This Post maybe it will Help ;)

VS980 User Check This

Q: I Flash This Rom and i Get Bootloop / Stuck At LG Logo How To Fix It?

A: Enter The Recovery Mode And Format System And Flash The Rom Again

Q: MTP Not Working Wen i Select it, it Back to Charge Only?

A: Go To Settings and Disable USB Debugging. And it Will Work.

Q: Knock On/Off Not Working For Me After Flashing This Rom

A: Update The Touch Firmware By Going To The Hidden Menu (3845#*xxx#) Where xxx is Your Model Number 3845#*xxx# -->Settings --> Update Touchscreen Firmware)

Q: I Don't Get LTE Option in Network Settings... Even Though i Have The Right APN Settings

A: Go To System/app And Delete LteConfigs.apk And it Odex And Reboot

Q: How I Back To Stock?

A: Flash Your Stock Rom Firmware With LG Mobile Tool Or Flash Any Stock Rom With The Recovery​
    kc1c8z.jpg

* @GalaxyUser For His Help And Support.

* @Cloudyfa For His Aroma.

* @xdabbeb For His Support

* @alvaro_lsrs For Testing.

205bo15.jpg

Like My Work? You Can Support My Work By Little Donate - PayPal ;)
    OptimusG3 V1.4 Rom Released

- Big Thanks For troopii For His Support

Enjoy.
    V1.2 Released CL and DL at OP.... Enjoy :)