[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

Shreyas Jani

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 21, 2009
Mumbai
Head over to Menu>Nova Settings>Restart Launcher and that takes care of it...for me at least. After that it doesn't come back. I prefer doing that every once in a while over Apex (homescreen transitions feel smoother on Nova).

I actually hated Apex on a friends SGS2 but then love it on my device. It does lag a little but then I think I am gonna be fine with it. Putting the apk in the system>apps folder helps. :) Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

akbisw

Jun 27, 2010
Brooklyn, NewYork
Nova lags, Apex never lags. Tried in 4 different roms. plus with APEX you can separate apps and widgets tabs that is pretty handy, i dont want to scroll to the widgets all the time. Also My phone went to hard sleep and turned REALLY hot. didnt wake up. Then ran out of battery.

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
Samsung Galaxy Watch
OnePlus 10 Pro
Nova lags, Apex never lags. Tried in 4 different roms. plus with APEX you can separate apps and widgets tabs that is pretty handy, i dont want to scroll to the widgets all the time. Also My phone went to hard sleep and turned REALLY hot. didnt wake up. Then ran out of battery.

Nova never lagged for me on this rom or for other roms I've flashed! It's also lighter on system resources.

adambala

Feb 6, 2011
patra
superb rom reaaly smooth and fast....only one issue....playing 10minutes chicken run my ohone was hot like hell..39 celcious...and battery drops from 72% to 40%.......why is that????

bigears5000

Aug 4, 2010
Hereford
4.0.2 is the best yet. Thanks to everyone who has worked on this Rom. It is super stable now. No midnight closing and browser lag seems to have gone. The only thing that I have noticed, is that the Ram usage seems to be constantly high, (higher than previous versions) but isn't affecting device, so I can live with that. Love this Rom. Thanks devs.

adambala

Feb 6, 2011
patra
socali i am using yours goodies....always love your goodies.....;)especially greek keyboard mayde it for me....but now nothing......to much battery drain and overheat........

Nucleotide

May 31, 2011

I'm using Nova Prime and it has never lagged for me. Apps and Widgets are also separated.

Sinistah_

Mar 19, 2011
Idk if its because i flashed a mod to my cam but has anyone else had issues with brightness settings? Ill use my cam and it brightens my screen then when i close my cam the screen is brighter than how i had set it before, yet when i gi to change it, its at the setting it was at before and dims back when i adjust it or touch the adjuster.

sent from thy phone

Shreyas Jani

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 21, 2009
Mumbai
I'm using Nova Prime and it has never lagged for me. Apps and Widgets are also separated.

Yes, but when I am in the widgets section, it starts to lag a bit. But the same is with Apex. Sticking to apex for the moment. I get a separate download tab too which actually makes me understand what I have downloaded. IMO, both the launchers are good.

EDIT: The scaling issue after playing a game like temple run has gone after switching to Apex.

socali

Aug 7, 2009
Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
Options include:
1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
5) Open one of the following apps:
AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Please see my VI 4.0.2 Goodies post for full details and downloads.

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)

daarrheel

Jul 8, 2010
Spokane
Hello there, i have one question. Is there any way to get log of something that happened just before phone crash? Logcat provides logs starting from system boot.

I'm asking that because my phone is getting weird restarts when trying to wake it up with power button. I tried Bricked's and SebastianFM's kernels and they both acts the same. It happens rarely, but it's pretty annoying. I did not undervolt etc.

Here's what exactly happens:
1. Phone is sleeping, screen off, nothings working in the background (ex. music etc)
2. I try to turn screen on, nothing happens, after ~2-3 seconds phone gets restarted.

I think before restart you can see that phone got waken up, but backlight is off. Can't reproduce that right now, cause it happens randomly. Happened like 5-6 times for me. It's weird because it can happen 2-3 times within 5 minutes and after that there's a few days without any issue.

Has anybody else had simmilar problems?
This happened on VI 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 beta, testing InsertCoin now, but it's to early to judge. Thanks.
I am on the Coredroid rom and having this issue, random restarts for no reason I can tell. I dont know when its gonna do it, it may do it 5-6 times a day and then go for a week with no issues. also with the random restarts my battery % keeps changing. will be at 71% when it crashes or restarts then comes back at 14% ...

Shreyas Jani

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 21, 2009
Mumbai

Options include:

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)

Can you fix this? uploadfromtaptalk1335765084159.jpg
Theres no urgency but i kinda dislike the half layout when on the message tab. Feels incomplete. And yes, thank you for the goodies. They are awesome! :)

DJCodeBlue

Sep 5, 2011
thanks for the rom. I've never loved a phone so much until I installed this. Just noticed one thing though.

When you select a number/contact from your recently called page via the dialer, it takes you to a little mini profile of that number/contact where you can select the "envelope icon" on the right to text the person. When I do, it opens up the default messaging app like it should but it doesn't add the contact number selected in the "send to" section so I have to manually type in the name of the contact or copy and paste numbers that I don't have on my contact list in order to send a text to that number.

Other than that, amazing rom! thanks so much for this

StuartTheFish

Nov 9, 2011

Options include:

What's the difference from the one made for 4.0.1 socali?

By the way, going up to 4.0.2 seems to have corrected my GPS. :)

varxx

Oct 6, 2011
I believe there's a new gapps release as of 29 April. Can I safely flash the new gapps file on top of VI 4.0.2?

StuartTheFish

Nov 9, 2011
Something I've just noticed is the colour of the progress bar when downloading something. Currently the progress bar is bright yellow, but wouldn't it be better in blue since everything else on this ROM is ics blue anyway?

5696513f-5270-13e2.jpg

And can we make it say no reception instead of no sim card whenever there's no signal? Also, when moving apps to SD, how come it says USB storage instead of SD card?

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBeOTP2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Stock kernel, not overclocked.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker
    VI 4.0.2 Goodies by Socali

This post will kept updated with Fixes / Patches / Notes for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

=====

Important Kernel Files Reset for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

SebastianFM Kernel v1.4.1, which is included with VI 4.0.2, comes with Sebastian's own thermald.
    This thermald includes, in my opinion, extremely high temps settings. The problem is that those settings are hard-coded and are not read from the thermald.conf file.
    Other kernels are expecting the default thermald and not this custom one, so they are not overwriting it.

I strongly recommend flashing this before flashing any other kernel. Even in-between flashing different kernels, as different kernels might include other files that need to be replaced/removed.
    This patch will reset kernel related files that exist in the ROM's partition to the original HTC v3.32 default files.
    This does not include an actual kernel - you must flash a kernel after this patch and before rebooting the phone.

Download flashable: kernel-reset-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: e8453ea397855c3ecf42030734831a45

=====

Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 Underclocked to 1.242Mhz for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

(This is the same kernel posted by me before, but in a new package that includes the Kernel Reset Patch, so you can simply download and flash one file.)

This is Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 hexedited by me to underclock it to 1.242Mhz with a safer (or more conservative) thermald.conf file.
    This gives you kernel closest to the original HTC v3.32 one with Sebastian's MultiTouch fix and ZRAM support.
    I prefer keeping the CPU clock at 1.2mhz so that the CPU stays stable and cool and doesn't drain the battery as quickly.
    I hexedited it instead of recompiling so that I stay as close as possible to Sebastian's build.

Note: This kernel will give you lower benchmark scores (about 5700-5800 AnTuTu score on my phone). This is not a bug, it's a feature..

Download flashable: kernel-v1.30.2-uc-1.242mhz-socali.zip
    md5sum: b4f69d3be2ee48994e785160eb57c452

=====

New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:

Please note: 4Ext Touch Recovery is required for installation.

Download flashable: ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: 1f437396becb2f4847d56e04845d4491

=====

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

This is my fix to the AOSP Phone included with VI 4.0.0, that enables the mute button during calls.
    This one took a lot of time and research, but I finally got it! :D
    (For those who didn't know, the phone included in the rom does not mute - bug #984 on VI issue tracker)

Download flashable: aosp-phone-mute-fix-vi400-socali.zip
    md5sum: c14b5714b28e42232991c1694b91e526