[Kernel][BML][MTD][CM7][CM9][MIUI] G'BYE SAMURAI

Should we add a Kernel Splash Logo ? ? ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • NO

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

b16flybye

Sep 4, 2011
Twin Cities
Earthbound i'm wondering on if you'll still work for CM7? i mean CM9 is great in all but there's still a lot of us on CM7 simply because of stability and battery life.

I mean CM7 still is being worked on as well, and im just curious if you still will because i'm still on Nightly 28 just because your kernel is the best. i mean later tonight Nightly 37 is coming out so that gives you an idea how long i've been waiting for haha.

I will switch in till CM9 Gets much more stable on the lines as CM7 is.

TIA, and thanks regardless for deving on CM7
BLAH BLAH CM7 BLAH. You arent doing something right cause cm9 as an alpha beats cm7.

Sent from my C9AN0GEN-MOd EpicOG

saramon

Jan 19, 2011
Salt Lake City
BLAH BLAH CM7 BLAH. You arent doing something right cause cm9 as an alpha beats cm7.

Ya unless you play MC3, Supersonic, Train Conductor 2, and a few other games I tried to play that either lagged out, even when oc'd, or just would respond to touch, or on some occasions even open... I switched back to cm7 for this, and a few other reasons...

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Okay you think it beats CM7?

Heres a test try to get to get 2 hours of GPS and Go form 92% to 74%.
Try to have WiFi on straight and stream music for 10 Hours straight and only drop from 100% to 45%. on straight vr lagfree on 1000/100. NO UV as well.

I doubt it.
With a 1800 mAh battery

Last edited:

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Okay you think it beats CM7?

Heres a test try to get to get 2 hours of GPS and Go form 92% to 74%.
Try to have WiFi on straight and stream music for 10 Hours straight and only drop from 100% to 45%. on straight vr lagfree on 1000/100. NO UV as well.

I doubt it.
With a 1800 mAh battery

Try not be a boaster to everyone else around you who appreciates cm9 more than battery life.
Try not complain about everything you want that you don't get.
Doubt it
I'm not trying to be a jerk my self but you can't either for someone thinking cm9 is better than cm7. It is visually but not preformance wise, you must remember that cm9 is in an alpha stage whereas cm7 is just spewing nightlies and is official. Of course those aren't possible in its current state but doesn't mean you can't get over it like he has as well as most others have ;)

Sent From My Thugnificent SPH-D700 because its more than Magnificent

Last edited:

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Try not be a boaster to everyone else around you who appreciates cm9 more than battery life.
Try not complain about everything you want that you don't get.
Doubt it
I'm not trying to be a jerk my self but you can't either for someone thinking cm9 is better than cm7. It is visually but not preformance wise, you must remember that cm9 is in an alpha stage whereas cm7 is just spewing nightlies and is official. Of course those aren't possible in its current state but doesn't mean you can't get over it like he has as well as most others have ;)

Did you not read his comment im not boasting i love CM9!!!
He said BLAHx3 Your not doing something right.
Well i know its n alpha stage but hes acting like its not and its completely better than CM7. I was just simply stating that with CM9 you couldn't do that is all.

And thats why a lot of us are still on CM7.
I appreciate the devs who made it possible i was just saying that CM9 ATM isn't more stable than CM7 is. and has a long way before all the CM settings get implemented and all the bugs squashed nearly to what CM7 is.

Last edited:

ÜBER™

Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Did you not read his comment im not boasting i love CM9!!!
He said BLAHx3 Your not doing something right.
Well i know its n alpha stage but hes acting like its not and its completely better than CM7. I was just simply stating that with CM9 you couldn't do that is all.

And thats why a lot of us are still on CM7.
I appreciate the devs who made it possible i was just saying that CM9 ATM isn't more stable than CM7 is. and has a long way before all the CM settings get implemented and all the bugs squashed nearly to what CM7 is.

Alright well tell him that don't come up with smart remarks that only "we" know :D you also need to remember some people and a little *whistle* slow

earthbound[iap]

Dec 2, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
indandroidprj.zxq.net
Cm9 is nowhere near a beta release even, it is an alpha and comes with alpha issues, 3g knocks out, a few other things including tether but I will say I do use it daily and having to reboot my phone once or twice a day does not bother me at all for the improvements in gui as well as performance don't worry though those guys are good and will have it all worked out in no time...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: Nashdogg

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Cm9 is nowhere near a beta release even, it is an alpha and comes with alpha issues, 3g knocks out, a few other things including tether but I will say I do use it daily and having to reboot my phone once or twice a day does not bother me at all for the improvements in gui as well as performance don't worry though those guys are good and will have it all worked out in no time...

Just a quick question EB. Are you by any chance still workin on your cm9 rom project still? not asking for an ETA. I know better than that:cool: Just curious if anything was still in the works for that. BTW, great job on newest TANTO kernel. Phone has been running much better with it.
I use cm9 for my daily and besides the memory issue and battery drain its an outstanding rom. And your kernels make it just that much better:)

ÜBER™

Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Still can't break 3 hours of display... but I did listen to music for 3+hours

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1328553026066.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328553026066.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 82
  • uploadfromtaptalk1328553032173.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328553032173.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 84
  • uploadfromtaptalk1328553038050.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328553038050.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 85

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
Does the BML version even get updated anymore? Is it just there as an option?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Come Checkout The New Site ! ! !
    Just click the samurai logo below...

As we enter a new dawn the house of the samurai comes together
    embracing not the cold hard razor sharp edge of a Katana
    but the tools necessary to unlock the razor sharp blazing speeds that our processors are capable of...

Because of the nature of Samurai and it's ever changing versatility we have decided to dedicate a portion of our website to development of the samurai kernel, as well as a forum... Don't consider this abandoning XDA, we would never expect anyone to do that, just think of this as an extension of XDA. Please direct all bugs and questions to website forum...
    Fixes/Tips & Tricks/Outdated Versions

Saved for future use... Although I do not see much use for it...
    Thanks Section

.:Thanks Section for Kernel Building:.

Rodderik ! Awesome guy always willing to help me out and taught me a ton.
    Drockstar ! Another one who is always willing to provide the appropriate ionformation without beating around any bushes.
    NubeCoder I super hijacked his git and loaded up Samurai with tons of Nubernel Love...
    MKasick We all know what he does....
    and everyone at XDA devs, testers, supporters alike we all contribute in our own way...
    Netarchy
    Existz
    and anyone I have forgotten please feel free to message me and I will post your name here...

.:Special Thanks for Donations:.
    (if you would like you screen name and not your real name please add your screen name to you donation)

nashdogg <-(A.K.A. "BIG MONEY") (super status +++++) ;) This guy provides cash for the monster energy drinks that get me through the day... Lol.
    kennyglass123 <- via (FLINT420)
    pre2epic4g
    Ted Cousens
    Gary Gallichio
    stringyquark
    Adam DeLozier
    Tyrus Lyle
    Jon Delano
    Gordon & Kat Little
    Marcel LeMay
    Jonathan Maxon
    Jerad Wilson
    David Davis
    Kenneth Rowley

I really appreciate the donations guys every little bit helps our family, thank you so much !
    could everyone do me a favor and hit the thank you button for me. ;)
    So how is everyone diggin the new kernels, if ya like em throw your hand up and hit thhe thank you button... ;)