[Q] Lost my APN settings!

Search This thread

perttu.tuovinen

Dec 3, 2010
After a unsuccessful flashing of Semaphore 1.0 kernel for Slim ICS, I lost my recovery access. I tried to flash an old 2.3.3 rom (XXJVH I think, official nordic firmware) with Odin, but it failed several times. Then I managed to flash an XXJVU (European value pack) rom, but phone couldn't recognize my SIM card. I tried to flash JVH again, and it failed again. Then I reflashed XXJVH, and now my SGS would recognize SIM card, but all the APN settings are gone, and I can connect to internet only with wifi. I'm planning to flash CWM to my phone and then Slim ICS again, but will the APN settings be restored? I also considered restoring a nandroid backup of my old, working XXJVH.

Which option should I do? Does nandroid backup restore my APN settings, or are they stored elsewhere?

Also, can the APN settings reappear after flashing Slim ICS or some another rom?

RobertSand

Apr 18, 2011
Your apns will usualy include in ics roms.
For jvu you can flash jvh csc. Or you can type in your apn manualy.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: perttu.tuovinen

monkeywithbanana

Apr 3, 2012
Turku
Just go to settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > access point names then press menu button and add APN. If you don't know your APN settings just put to google your operator name and APN.

Reactions: perttu.tuovinen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your apns will usualy include in ics roms.
    For jvu you can flash jvh csc. Or you can type in your apn manualy.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    Just go to settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > access point names then press menu button and add APN. If you don't know your APN settings just put to google your operator name and APN.