SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem fix

Search This thread

D200P13

Apr 28, 2010
in a room
4 posts about this and i think i found a way to fix this with windows. it did this to me and worked so thought id share so people dont format the sd card and lose all data.

i put the sd card from my sensation 4g into my computers card reader. in windows 7 i went to start > rightclick "computer" and click manage. i then clicked on "Disk Management" to see what type of condition the sd card was in. it said it was a RAW disk. i started to think and then decided to try a chkdsk to see if it fixes it. to do that i just clicked START > RUN (or START > type in RUN and click the run shortcut) and type in CMD in the box then click ok. now in the command prompt type in CHKDSK X: /R then press the enter key (NOTE: X represents the drive letter). wait for it to do its thing and it should fix this problem.

i am not sure if it will fix it for all cases but atleast it worked for me.

KrisHilbun

Dec 16, 2010
Dallas
I had this problem only after installing Swift Key X.

Uninstalled Swift Key X , Unchecked fast boot in power options
Powered down phone removed battery for 20 seconds put battery back in
turn on was fixed

If happens again i will try ur method in an attempt to confirm though :p

D200P13

Apr 28, 2010
in a room
yea another thing that has happened was i had to restart the phone a few times and it worked but the first post was a common issue and fixed it when other methods didnt work

Reactions: amey2606

Mikesin

Feb 11, 2011
Comes up with the SD card is RAW so it can't be done or something :/..
Really don't want to lose the data :/

ri123

Apr 30, 2012
sd card

does not work?

Even if i format it, the disk keeps going to RAW format.

ri123

Apr 30, 2012
yea another thing that has happened was i had to restart the phone a few times and it worked but the first post was a common issue and fixed it when other methods didnt work

If you have a rooted phone and your sd is readable by your computer there is no need to format it. Just go to recovery and mount/sdcard.

This problem seems to be a flaw although.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using XDA

ri123

Apr 30, 2012
I do not know why there is no proper feature which causes this problem:confused:

ri123

Apr 30, 2012
I think the problem is caused by root access to the sd card or kernel compatibility.

ri123

Apr 30, 2012
I think the problem is caused by root access to the sd card or kernel compatibility.

No its actually caused by recovery. Install stock recovery and the sdcard blank or unsupported filesystem error might not appear.:thumbup::beer:

ri123

Apr 30, 2012
Stock recovery might be the fix, clockworkmod compatibility might be the problem.

dspPunk

Apr 13, 2012
If you have a rooted phone and your sd is readable by your computer there is no need to format it. Just go to recovery and mount/sdcard.

This problem seems to be a flaw although.

This dint work for me. :(

Nor did the kernel version did.. I am using siyah kernel and i updated it to the latest for SGS2 but it dint work out for me...

4 posts about this and i think i found a way to fix this with windows. it did this to me and worked so thought id share so people dont format the sd card and lose all data.

i put the sd card from my sensation 4g into my computers card reader. in windows 7 i went to start > rightclick "computer" and click manage. i then clicked on "Disk Management" to see what type of condition the sd card was in. it said it was a RAW disk. i started to think and then decided to try a chkdsk to see if it fixes it. to do that i just clicked START > RUN (or START > type in RUN and click the run shortcut) and type in CMD in the box then click ok. now in the command prompt type in CHKDSK X: /R then press the enter key (NOTE: X represents the drive letter). wait for it to do its thing and it should fix this problem.

Now plannin to do the post #1 method. I think this is the last option for me.
:(:(:(:(

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

No its actually caused by recovery. Install stock recovery and the sdcard blank or unsupported filesystem error might not appear.:thumbup::beer:

can you please provide me SGS2 stock recovery IMG link?

I am using NEAT rom which is said to be the stock samsung ROM then y is this problem? :(

ri123

Apr 30, 2012

Nor did the kernel version did.. I am using siyah kernel and i updated it to the latest for SGS2 but it dint work out for me...

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

I am using NEAT rom which is said to be the stock samsung ROM then y is this problem? :(
Do you have a partitioned sdcard? The CHKDSK command should detect this.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

If you can't mount the sdcard using recovery, such as clockworkmod etc, I don't know whether changing to stock recovery will help.

dspPunk

Apr 13, 2012

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

If you can't mount the sdcard using recovery, such as clockworkmod etc, I don't know whether changing to stock recovery will help.

Then whats the possible solution.. I observed one thing which is i flashed stock rom from sammobile and the sdcard used to work sometimes and sometimes it dint.. So i think its nit the sdcard which is corrupted or dead.. Is it coz of rom?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ri123

godfate

Oct 24, 2012
This problem is not caused by CWM or any modded recovery, I know because this is happening to me on my LG Optimus L9 and I have the stock recovery on my phone. Although it is rooted, but that shouldn't be the cause. It's probably a faulty SD card, I have a 32 gb SDHC and my phone seems to hate it, half the time it tells me the card is blank or unsupported filesystem and wants to format it, the other half of the time it sits for an hour or two just scanning the darn thing. Either it actually is a faulty card, or my phone isn't good at reading large SD cards. So much for 'smart phone'...

Reactions: ri123

hjcool576

Apr 20, 2012

Just logged in to say Thanks
ur idea worked :D
i was gonna lose alot of data if i had to format the damn card

ri123

Apr 30, 2012
This problem is not caused by CWM or any modded recovery, I know because this is happening to me on my LG Optimus L9 and I have the stock recovery on my phone. Although it is rooted, but that shouldn't be the cause. It's probably a faulty SD card, I have a 32 gb SDHC and my phone seems to hate it, half the time it tells me the card is blank or unsupported filesystem and wants to format it, the other half of the time it sits for an hour or two just scanning the darn thing. Either it actually is a faulty card, or my phone isn't good at reading large SD cards. So much for 'smart phone'...

Definitely the phone. My computer always manages to read the sd card, so of course, whatever happened to my phone is causing the problem. For me, the problem started immediately when I flashed a Rom after root. I didn't wipe my phone before, is that a fix???

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app

ri123

Apr 30, 2012
Definitely the phone. My computer always manages to read the sd card, so of course, whatever happened to my phone is causing the problem. For me, the problem started immediately when I flashed a Rom after root. I didn't wipe my phone before, is that a fix???

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app
It likely to be something in the /system directory.

Reactions: samjay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Solved IT :)

Guys I had the same problem, 4gb micro sd card was detected by my pc but the phone did not even detect it, although while removing, it said "sd card removed" I did chkdsk to no avail. Then I inserted the card installed an app Aparted free from play store
    open aparted
    go to create
    click on green colored button +
    part 1 ticked on "Format"
    Dragged the slider to full length
    Apply changes
    Remove sd card
    Insert it again
    And Voila card detected :D
    Lg L9 P769 F***ing stock rom unblockable bootloader :mad:

Then whats the possible solution.. I observed one thing which is i flashed stock rom from sammobile and the sdcard used to work sometimes and sometimes it dint.. So i think its nit the sdcard which is corrupted or dead.. Is it coz of rom?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app