[ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925/XT926

Search This thread

mapleleafz06

Mar 5, 2010
Teedot
Please help

I've tried installing several different versions of this ROM, but each one gives me the bootloop problem.
I've tried these versions:
-Latest 4.2.2
-2013-01-23
-2013-01-26

I own a Canadian Rogers RAZRHD (XT925), which is bootloader unlocked, I've installed in with TWRP. does it matter? would I need CWM instead? Please help, I really want to try this ROM

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
Guys, anyone having problems sending emails through GMail app??? Shows "Sending..." forever on my device... :eek:
Last time, a simple reboot solved the issue. Now, having problems again...
Installed the lastest CM10 to give it a little try, then installed CM10.1-2013-01-26. GMail won't send anything... Reboots don't help. Attached logs (I hit "send" at 19h31).

Attachments

• log.txt
    25.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
Please help

I've tried installing several different versions of this ROM, but each one gives me the bootloop problem.
I've tried these versions:
-Latest 4.2.2
-2013-01-23
-2013-01-26

I own a Canadian Rogers RAZRHD (XT925), which is bootloader unlocked, I've installed in with TWRP. does it matter? would I need CWM instead? Please help, I really want to try this ROM
AFAIK, any recovery should do.

Assuming you have a nandroid backup of a stock firmware, may I suggest you to:
- restore the nandroid backup
- format /cache & /system
- install latest CM10 (Feb 20th)
- install gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
- ... keep your fingers crossed and give it a try

If it doesn't work, well, I'm out of ideas... And if it works:
- format /cache & /system
- install latest CM10.1 (Jan 26th)
- install gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip
- ...fingers...

:fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Interesting, I have a same issue with GPS on the Photon Q (gps icon never shows up).
What i did

sxg75

Feb 27, 2011
I have a request : restore/add USB Mass storage like in ICS.

I'd like to re-bump and raise attention on the above - maybe epinter can share his opinion to this?

On some GS2- and GS3-Roms this has been made possible. See here or here or on LG Nitro here

Edit: I tried SGS3 Easy UMS and after following these steps I got an USB-Mass-Storage Drive letter on my Windows7!!!
Now follow these steps:

1. On your Windows 7 computer you will see it will try to install “SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device” as one of the drivers and fail *this is normal*
2. Go into Device Manager on your computer, right click “SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device” and select “Properties”
3. Click on the “Driver” tab and click the “Update Driver” button, a prompt will then come up
4. Select “Browse my computer for driver software”, then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” on the next screen
5. Select “USB Mass Storage Device” as the new driver from that list and finish up that install
6. At the end you will see something like this on your computer – Screenshot Here
7. Windows will install final drivers automatically and a new “Disk drive” will show up on your computer, this is your external SD card on your device

Keep in mind that it is not possible to get access to the internal storage as USB mass storage device.

Edit~2: Above is somehow off topic, since I'm currently running a JB build. But, just to see: it *is* working on RHD.

Last edited:
Reactions: andreas5232

hadonf

Aug 14, 2008
No luck here for the GPS!

I reverted to an official SFR Rom backup > GPS worked fine > wiped cache/data > re-installed CM 10.1 from scratch and still no GPS..
I have juste done the same with CM 10 but same result, the only thing is that in CM 10, the source option appear in settings, but quite useless since I can only select "internal"

Edit: Okay, the third attempt, the good one! I did the same as above with CM 10.1, but this time I only wiped data and now the GPS fixes indoors! :D

Last edited:

Skrilax_CZ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 20, 2009
That is just strange, and didn't work for me on CM10 on the Photon Q (tried several times when coming back / forth between stock ICS ROM and CM10 (there is no stock JB yet on the Q yet) and there is nothing in logcat :(

Last edited:

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
Re: [ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925

Last time, a simple reboot solved the issue. Now, having problems again...
Installed the lastest CM10 to give it a little try, then installed CM10.1-2013-01-26. GMail won't send anything... Reboots don't help. Attached logs (I hit "send" at 19h31).

Force closed Gmail, uninstalled Gmail latest update and I could send emails. Reinstalled latest update, and works now. I assume the problems lies in the app, not in cm...

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: epinter

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
A few days ago, I reverted to CM10-2013-02-20 for a couple of days and I was a little disappointed by the battery life in comparison with CM10.1-2013-01-26. I don't have actual figures, and my usage varies a lot from one day to another, so it's more of a feeling.
And now that I've switched to CM10.1-2013-01-26, with the same set of apps, I confirm my battery life seems better.

Last edited:

Temoi19

Jan 23, 2010
Re: [ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925

Its a mental thing, Ive tested both of them the 20-03-2013 release is slightly better in battery life, by about 2 hours, nothing too much and isn't much for me to complain about. I know your not complaining.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
Its a mental thing, Ive tested both of them the 20-03-2013 release is slightly better in battery life, by about 2 hours, nothing too much and isn't much for me to complain about. I know your not complaining.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
Yes possibly just a mental thing... Nevertheless, I think that these releases have different kernels. That might be an explanation for different battery lives...

Funny though that we seem to experience exact opposite battery behaviors...

mapleleafz06

Mar 5, 2010
Teedot
Thanks madmonkey,

surprisingly CWM was the trick. once I tried with that recovery, it worked. Can't wait to see a fully functional 4.2 on this beast

slayp00n

Jun 2, 2010
So I wanted to try getting GPS working but I cannot flash any stock moto, this RSD thing just doesnt work. Forgive me I am a nexus guy, why do I have to use motos **** software why cant I just build a flashable zip?

edit: works from home computer windows 7, wouldn't work with work comp windows 8

Last edited:

flying_dutchman

Jul 9, 2008
Lyon
Hi, recently rooted (again...), but still with locked bootloader I was just wondering if this ROM can be handled through Safestrap? The CM 10 apparently yes, here however it's not marked in the maintext (marked in red tt unlocked bootloader)....

Would it be feasible to have it through safestrap if not already done?

txs in advance,

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
Hi, recently rooted (again...), but still with locked bootloader I was just wondering if this ROM can be handled through Safestrap? The CM 10 apparently yes, here however it's not marked in the maintext (marked in red tt unlocked bootloader)....

Would it be feasible to have it through safestrap if not already done?

txs in advance,
You need to have CWM installed on unlocked BL so no it wouldn't work on safestrap on a locked BL since it needs a custom kernel that also gets flashed through CWM. TWRP doesn't even work (according to the previous posts on this thread.

btrax

Hi everyone!
I hope this ROM will be stable in the next week :)
I have a lot of freeze and bootloop (I have already wiped all I have ^^)
Therefore it's smooth and fast :)
Thanks for your job!
My list of bugs :
In cyanogen parameters we can change the color of the led for notification, but when I test it, it's always white.
Camera not working (but I know you try to debug)
Many bootloop

Good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CM10.1 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.2) ROM for RAZR HD.

I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this firmware may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone.

This firmware can be used with a unlocked bootloader.

Download links and information about what is working can be found on the website:
    http://www.linuxmobile.org/razrhd/cm10-1

Instructions:
    Download the zip (cm-10.1-*-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip) and copy to your sdcard.
    Boot into recovery.
    Backup your firmware and data!
    Format /system.
    Install the firmware (install zip from...).
    Install gapps (install zip from...).
    Wipe data/cache (don't wipe if you plan to upgrade from CM10 to CM10.1)
    Reboot.

DEVELOPERS (razrqcom-dev-team):
    EPinter - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT925 & MB886 Support
    DHacker - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT926 Support
    Hashcode - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT926 Support
    Nadlabak - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT897 Support
    Skrilax_CZ - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT897 Support

Developers builds:
    DHacker: http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/cm/
    Epinter: http://goo.im/devs/epinter
    Skrilax: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/cm10.1nightly/razrqcom/choose_device.php

37XGm.png

0Mx4q.png

ti5bH.png

2eWHL.png
    Feedback

Last week, cyanogenmod introduced some changes that break razrhd, don't boot anymore. To make it work again, we must make a change that breaks video decoding. We are working on a solution to solve all the kernel problems and avoid this kind of issue, but it may require some time.
    Working with dhacker to bring cm-10.2 to motorola qcom phones. Progress until now:
    No calls, lot of crashes, but some things working (wifi, display, audio). A lot of things to do yet. No ETA.

Be7LNcy.png
    Updated to 4.2.2, no bootloops or sensor problems.
    I hate when that happens. And it's more frustrating when there's so few other Roms to try with our device. But epinter has all the right to focus on his real work and family. I appreciate his work and I hope he can work again on this Rom in the near future.

I, as I'm sure many of you are, love to try new Roms on my Android devices. And the lack of options on this magnificent phone is infuriating. So many potential.

I'm trying to do something, some minutes in a day ... Building, trying to debug camera ...