[Q] Nexus 7razorg wipped data

Search This thread
R

rudy1221

Hi my friend has Nexus 7 (lte) 2013 = razorg
I helped him to unlock bootloader , flash twrp , and root this **** ( i know N7 is great im jealous )
But hew wanted so badly cyanogen rom so he dv-d cyanogen and flashed it everything were fine , till 1 day ago he had force closes in Settings when trying to enter wirless & networks more / mobile networks - he got " settings stopped working and nothing more happened
also he got that kind of fc when entering about tablet / status
and for the final problem he got his network unable to connect like there were no sim card " inser the sim and reboot tab ".

He asked me what to do sim was fine so i told him to flash cyan rom again via Twrp and here we go :
He , did backup, had cyanogen rom already and As im a GT2 7" user i told him by routine to wipe system, cache , dalvik cache , n DATA -.- my bad now he has unlocked bootloader , working twrp , windows recognize an "Android device" but Adb devices shows nothing what to do now , im not in to twrp im hard user of cwm so i dont rlly know what i can do with twrp to help him.
I think there are 2 options :
1. try adb **** on other laptop
2. Force flash stock image
What do you think ? If u can answer as fast as you can i hope there is an easier way to mount data part and just transfer rom.zip to dhis **** .
Twrp version : 2.6.3.1
And silly q why twrp when trying to copy log to sd shows unable to write otg but "success saved to data/.... " ?

thisguysayswht

Jun 16, 2013
Hi my friend has Nexus 7 (lte) 2013 = razorg
I helped him to unlock bootloader , flash twrp , and root this **** ( i know N7 is great im jealous )
But hew wanted so badly cyanogen rom so he dv-d cyanogen and flashed it everything were fine , till 1 day ago he had force closes in Settings when trying to enter wirless & networks more / mobile networks - he got " settings stopped working and nothing more happened
also he got that kind of fc when entering about tablet / status
and for the final problem he got his network unable to connect like there were no sim card " inser the sim and reboot tab ".

He asked me what to do sim was fine so i told him to flash cyan rom again via Twrp and here we go :
He , did backup, had cyanogen rom already and As im a GT2 7" user i told him by routine to wipe system, cache , dalvik cache , n DATA -.- my bad now he has unlocked bootloader , working twrp , windows recognize an "Android device" but Adb devices shows nothing what to do now , im not in to twrp im hard user of cwm so i dont rlly know what i can do with twrp to help him.
I think there are 2 options :
1. try adb **** on other laptop
2. Force flash stock image
What do you think ? If u can answer as fast as you can i hope there is an easier way to mount data part and just transfer rom.zip to dhis **** .
Twrp version : 2.6.3.1
And silly q why twrp when trying to copy log to sd shows unable to write otg but "success saved to data/.... " ?

You should be able to transfer a ROM.zip to the tablet with the adb push command then flash it thru twrp. Just factory reset thru twrp before flashing the ROM, a standard wipe should suffice, no need for any advanced wiping.

Make sure you have ADB, and the SDK+ the proper drivers setup on the computer.

Also, make sure you are in fastboot mode to use adb (volume down+power), you should see an android with his insides exposed, and the word start with a green box around it.

If you want to restore it to stock (stock recovery+ROM) follow this guide

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2382618

If you still encounter problems you can use wugs fresh toolkit to restore it to stock.

http://www.wugfresh.com

Good luck, sound like y'all are gravy tho ;)

Last edited:
R

rudy1221

You should be able to transfer a ROM.zip to the tablet with the adb push command then flash it thru twrp.

Make sure you have ADB, and the SDK+ the proper drivers setup on the computer.

Also, make sure you are in fastboot mode to use adb (volume down+power), you should see an android with his insides exposed, and the word start with a green box around it.
I know i should be able to do so , and i know that i need to enter fastboot mode. The only problem is that adb dont see device , ill try it on my clean and "everything works" laptop and weell see mayby he did smth to drivers or other **** :p
Im not as dumb as i sound :p

thisguysayswht

Jun 16, 2013
I know i should be able to do so , and i know that i need to enter fastboot mode. The only problem is that adb dont see device , ill try it on my clean and "everything works" laptop and weell see mayby he did smth to drivers or other **** :p
Im not as dumb as i sound :p

Lol totally not trying to say you sound/are dumb, don't know you from Adam, sorry if I came off that way, just going thru the basics, you never know with the people on the interweb :p

Since adb won't recognize it, I would just use the wugs fresh toolkit. There is an option to "flash stock+unroot", it should get y'all back to square one, and it will also reflash twrp and root the tablet, with a couple clicks. :)

Last edited:
R

rudy1221

That was rather a silly joke by me :p I know u did not wanted to say im dumb cuz some ppl re just forgetting about simple things like turn your phone on to call a friend :p im thinking about wugs toolkit but i dont like (personally ) toolkits that are doing smth by 1 click i have briked that way my 1st phone with wm by instaling rom throught 1 click installer and since nexus isnt mine im just carefull about what im doing and saying now but thx ill jump to mah friend morning and try to fix his problem