[Q] Is my battery life normal ? If it's not, what can I do ?

Search This thread

yashade2001

Sep 29, 2012
Ankara
Hi guys. My battery life is very good when i dont use my phone. And i dont have mm-qcamera-daemon problem. But when i open wifi or play a game (even when i play flappy bird, not joking) battery drains %1 every 3-4 mins ( just wifi is on, i use greenify), and when i play a game battery drains %1 every 2-3 mins. Is this normal ?

I use stock kernel, i'm on ondemand governor, stock rom. I'm rooted.

Thanks guys.

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
You'd think simple games would always be less battery intensive but that is not the case. I'm not sure if it's lazy programming or just the inherent nature of Java.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

IRX120

May 28, 2012
Atlanta
Idk I am down to 60% with only 1 hour and 20 min since being fully charged. I'm displeased with my measly 2-3 hours of SOT. I have seen others with 5-6 hours, don't know how they do it

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Idk I am down to 60% with only 1 hour and 20 min since being fully charged. I'm displeased with my measly 2-3 hours of SOT. I have seen others with 5-6 hours, don't know how they do it

battery life is all about how you personally use your device, how you personally set it up, which apps you chose to install, and very much about the quality of your phone/data connection. even if you personally do everything right, if your phone/data connection lacks(quality and speed), then your battery performance wont be too hot.

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE

When I am at home, I turn off LTE and 3G. Just use 2G and Wi-Fi. Brightness about 40% and NFC, GPS off as well.

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
When I am at home, I turn off LTE and 3G. Just use 2G and Wi-Fi. Brightness about 40% and NFC, GPS off as well.

you would/should do much better on lte as opposed to 2g, unless your signal isnt good. generally the faster data travels back and forth would be better for battery, since the job finishes faster. i get an hour more sot using lte as opposed to 3g(hspa+).

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
you would/should do much better on lte as opposed to 2g, unless your signal isnt good. generally the faster data travels back and forth would be better for battery, since the job finishes faster. i get an hour more sot using lte as opposed to 3g(hspa+).

I don't need the data. Like I said, I am using Wi-Fi at home. I just use the phone for voice calls and 2G uses MUCH less battery than 3G or LTE.

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I don't need the data. Like I said, I am using Wi-Fi at home. I just use the phone for voice calls and 2G uses MUCH less battery than 3G or LTE.

lol, i use mobile data too often. on 2g i get junk for battery life, and i dont use wifi at all as well. on lte, i easily get 5-6h sot without any effort at all(5h min every day). and on hspa+, i get around 4-4.5h sot usually.

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
lol, i use mobile data too often. on 2g i get junk for battery life, and i dont use wifi at all as well. on lte, i easily get 5-6h sot without any effort at all(5h min every day). and on hspa+, i get around 4-4.5h sot usually.

Can't beat wifi if it's available. And turning down those radios on your phone and turning off NFC, GPS, etc is the best way to preserve battery life. I only turn them on if I need them.

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Can't beat wifi if it's available. And turning down those radios on your phone and turning off NFC, GPS, etc is the best way to preserve battery life. I only turn them on if I need them.

depends on the quality of the wifi, not everyone has fast wifi. my works wifi(max 3mbps download) is terrible on battery, and rarely touch it because of that. anyways, why wifi when 30mbps lte speeds are around, and an unlimited high speed data plan :)

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
depends on the quality of the wifi, not everyone has fast wifi. my works wifi(max 3mbps download) is terrible on battery, and rarely touch it because of that. anyways, why wifi when 30mbps lte speeds are around, and an unlimited high speed data plan :)

Because 95% of customers don't have unlimited Data. And yeah, my 75Mbps wifi is much nicer than the 6-40Mbps LTE that I can find around here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds normal to me, would make screen on time of 3 to 5 hours. That's not to bad... Compare to SOT of others in other threads...

Tapatalked from my Nexus 5
    video games are battery intensive. you can use franco's per app mode app and use that to throttle processor and gpu speeds since most games don't need full power to run