AT&T Software Update V44_1_1402_3_2

Search This thread

SebringTech

Feb 1, 2011
I have rooted Kit Kat using the original method, and today while on wifi I saw the dreaded Software Update Downloading in my tasks. I quickly disabled my wifi and have had it off all day and it has kept the software update from downloading, since I'm paranoid to lose root. I have two Galaxy S4 Actives, both running the same exact Kit Kat exploit and they both had the same software update come up today. I've tried to disable the OTA but FOTA.apk isn't on the phone when I used a root file explorer to look in the System/App folder.

I can't seem to find anything on this update, it just came up on 7/2/14 around 1:00pm EST.

Is there a way to block OTA's on Kit Kat? I imagine it's different as no method I've found has worked.

I did find an APK to kill KNOX, which was popping up at least a dozen times a day to tell me about the "new security policies".

The phones work great as they are, I love having Kit Kat & Root, and don't want to lose it. Anyone have any ideas or anyone know anything about this update?

I have rooted Kit Kat using the original method, and today while on wifi I saw the dreaded Software Update Downloading in my tasks. I quickly disabled my wifi and have had it off all day and it has kept the software update from downloading, since I'm paranoid to lose root. I have two Galaxy S4 Actives, both running the same exact Kit Kat exploit and they both had the same software update come up today. I've tried to disable the OTA but FOTA.apk isn't on the phone when I used a root file explorer to look in the System/App folder.

I can't seem to find anything on this update, it just came up on 7/2/14 around 1:00pm EST.

Is there a way to block OTA's on Kit Kat? I imagine it's different as no method I've found has worked.

I did find an APK to kill KNOX, which was popping up at least a dozen times a day to tell me about the "new security policies".

The phones work great as they are, I love having Kit Kat & Root, and don't want to lose it. Anyone have any ideas or anyone know anything about this update?
What firmware are you on? If you're on NC9, then it's probably the NE3 update which fixes the bugs in NC9. You can root NE3 very easily with towelroot. I suggest trying to take the update with one of your phones. Odds are that the update will fail to install anyways because you're rooted.

If you're already on NE3 and receiving an update, then I have no idea what it is. Either way the update will fail to install because you've modified system files, so you have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: SebringTech

SebringTech

Feb 1, 2011
Okay I am on NC9. Would there be a noticeable benefit to go stock, take the NE3 update, then acquire root with towel root? I don't have any problems with my phone but my wife seems to have some issues with hers. Not sure what all the update addressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Okay I am on NC9. Would there be a noticeable benefit to go stock, take the NE3 update, then acquire root with towel root? I don't have any problems with my phone but my wife seems to have some issues with hers. Not sure what all the update addressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately you can't just unroot and take the update. You have to go all the way back to stock by flashing the ML2 Odin package and then flash the OTA update. Flashing the Odin package will completely wipe the phone so I suggest backing up anything you want to save with Titanium Backup.

As for benefits, the NE3 update will probably fix some of the issues with your wife's phone and put her on the latest version, but functionally it should be the same as NC9. Samsung didn't add any additional features or functionality to the NE3 update, they just fixed all the bugs they created with the NC9 OTA. Rooting is super simple now with towelroot so you shouldn't consider that a deterrent.

If you want to try to fix some bugs then update to NE3, if you're perfectly happy with the way your phone is running now then you're not missing out on anything.

If you ever have questions about firmware and updates again, check the Firmware Thread first. I try to keep that updated as soon as I hear about new firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What firmware are you on? If you're on NC9, then it's probably the NE3 update which fixes the bugs in NC9. You can root NE3 very easily with towelroot. I suggest trying to take the update with one of your phones. Odds are that the update will fail to install anyways because you're rooted.

If you're already on NE3 and receiving an update, then I have no idea what it is. Either way the update will fail to install because you've modified system files, so you have nothing to worry about.