status 7 error

Search This thread

nhoc_maruko9x

Oct 6, 2011
Hanoi
Google Pixel 4 XL
Make SURE you downloaded the right ROM for P765. If you sure that is the right ROM, open the ROM zip with 7zip and go to META-INF/com/google/android/ and extract updater-script. Open it with Notepad++ (only Notepad++, not Notepad/Wordpad), and delete the first assert() command, like this:

BEFORE:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "p769" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p769" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "p760" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p760" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "u2" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "u2" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "p940" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p940");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system", "/system");

AFTER:

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system", "/system");

Save the file, then drag and drop it to original path. Try to flash it again.

Nasheich Xfiles

Aug 13, 2012
Free York
www.nasheich-xfiles.blogspot.com
when installed cm 11 for my lg p765 it shows the following error

this package is for "p760" devices: this is a p940.
E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20131214-unofficial-p760.zip
(status 7)

the rom is downloaded from this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2547442

please help im a newbie :(

Hey, I have same error with you :(
Anyone can help me :(

It's totally cause you've wrong recovery, update your recovery first, and make sure you have unlock your bootloader...

Reactions: ISITBRICKED

nish@nish

Jun 21, 2014
NEW DELHI
Its problem of recovery if try to install kitkat rom via cwm it gives status 7 error try artax recovery or twrp they dont give that error

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ISITBRICKED

ISITBRICKED

Jul 4, 2013
Yup like the last two guys said you get status 7 when you try to install KitKat with an outdated recovery. Update your recovery and you can reflash the cm11.

Sent from my unlocked LG P769 running AtonX unofficial CM11

reikred

Jul 12, 2013
Moto G8
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Yup like the last two guys said you get status 7 when you try to install KitKat with an outdated recovery. Update your recovery and you can reflash the cm11.
Sent from my unlocked LG P769 running AtonX unofficial CM11

I have a LG P769 just as you, but I cannot seem to find a newer CWM recovery to install than the one I already have, namely L9RecoveryInstaller_1.5.0.apk which contains clockworkmod version 6.0.1.2. With this verson, I get the same (Status 7) error as everyone else.

So my question is, could you please point me to exactly the (CWM?) recovery mode you are using, and instructions for how to install it given that I am already using an older version of CWM?

PS: The specific error messages during install
"This package is for device p760,p765,p768,p769.u2: this device is p940
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

PS2: The firmware I am trying to install is cm-11-20141012-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip from the repository called "LG Optimus L9 by Dhiru1602", located at
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18559

Top Liked Posts