[ROM][ICS4.0.3] Taboonay 3.0.1 (28/02/2012)

Search This thread

Luescoff

Sep 21, 2011
I'm using taboonay 2.2 with no issues so far i'm going to try 3.7 kernel right now, i'm going to post the results in a few minutes.

Enviado desde mi A500

12013E12T

Jul 19, 2011
First of all i wanted to say thanks for the great ROM.
So.... Thanks :D..... a lot!!
It really runs nice and smooth, especially with the 3.7 OC kernel.

But also to report that channel 12 & 13 do not work out of the box in this ROM but the OP states that it does.
No big problem, i just ran Richardtrip's channel 12 -13 fix myself and now it works as advertised :)

Edit: Also in the build.prop the line that should disable mobile standby "ro.carrier=wifi-only" actually says "ro.carrier=wifi-onlyro.carrier=wifi-only"
which results in #ro.carrier=wifi-only ;)

Thanks for sharing your great work!

Last edited:

Luescoff

Sep 21, 2011
I have used taboonay 2.2 with 3.7 kernel and it's really fast even in boot, i have noticed it boots faster than 2.1 with 3.4 kernel. Thanks for this great rom!

Enviado desde mi A500

Cactus42

Jul 4, 2010
First of all i wanted to say thanks for the great ROM.
So.... Thanks :D..... a lot!!
It really runs nice and smooth, especially with the 3.7 OC kernel.

But also to report that channel 12 & 13 do not work out of the box in this ROM but the OP states that it does.
No big problem, i just ran Richardtrip's channel 12 -13 fix myself and now it works as advertised :)

Edit: Also in the build.prop the line that should disable mobile standby "ro.carrier=wifi-only" actually says "ro.carrier=wifi-onlyro.carrier=wifi-only"
which results in #ro.carrier=wifi-only ;)

Thanks for sharing your great work!

With 2.2 and the 3.7 kernel my build.prop shows "ro.carrier=wifi-only" as it should. I haven't edited it at all, installed 2.1 and updated to 2.2 straight away, avoiding 2.1b then added 3.7 after a couple of reboots (not sure if thats needed on the Iconia but my Desire would have a hissy fit if you didn't)

bpivk

Nov 26, 2008
-
I'm missing all notifications on my device.
Fresh install of Taboonay 2.2 and richard's kernel.

The notifications are there but the system just doesn't reckognize them and I can't even set them under Settings/Notifications (only shows the silent option).

Edit: Blast I forgot to add the solution. You have to re-set the permissions on media folders (/system/media/audio).

Last edited:

SoHaunted

Oct 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
everything is working great for me, I'm also using Thors 3.4 Kernel instead of richard trips.

My only hang up is when im online and watching youtube videos if I click the vid to be transfered to youtube itself everything crashes, it happens on every youtube video I watch in the browser, but using the youtube app this never happens.

tomfisk

Jan 18, 2010
Minnesota
Tried to go to 2.2 lost root even after restoring from CWM backup...sigh...

I installed the 2.2 update from 2.1b. It just sat at the Iconia Tab cylon screen for 10 minutes. I powered down and installed trips 3.7 kernel...rebooted and same thing.

Went back to my CWM backup but now I don't have root anymore. Had root right before the CWM backup because I did a Titanium backup right before attempting the upgrade.

How do I get root access back without having to drop back to 3.0.1?

Thanks!

jelbez

Dec 12, 2007
Fresh install from stock on A501
Thor2002ro 1.5 recovery
Taboonay 2.1 full + 2.2 update
Market ok, sound ok, for now everything seems fine.
Thanks thor2002ro and vache

Sent from my A501 using XDA App

Caz666

Jul 8, 2010
Montreal
Market FCs on fresh install

I installed this ROM yesterday and now the market force closes. It was sort of ok after the initial boot. It force closed but then Android did it update/install all your crap sych thing and i was ok.
After a reboot today, i cannot get the market to open for the life of me...

Any pointers? I did a full wipe/factory reset from cwm and cleared the caches for good measure....

Caz666

Jul 8, 2010
Montreal
I installed this ROM yesterday and now the market force closes. It was sort of ok after the initial boot. It force closed but then Android did it update/install all your crap sych thing and i was ok.
After a reboot today, i cannot get the market to open for the life of me...

Any pointers? I did a full wipe/factory reset from cwm and cleared the caches for good measure....

I may have jumped the gun on the [Q] as i just found two apks and instructions on how to manually replace the market a few pages back. I will see if this works. Seems strange that this happens to some and not others...especially after a FULL wipe?

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Caz666

Jul 8, 2010
Montreal
I may have jumped the gun on the [Q] as i just found two apks and instructions on how to manually replace the market a few pages back. I will see if this works. Seems strange that this happens to some and not others...especially after a FULL wipe?

I used the apk and steps listed here and it worked.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18343076

The real question is: wtf? What can i do so i dont have this issue next time i flash? Some ppl have suggested that this ciuld be a settings/lcd density issue....but i changed no settings from a frsh install.

rredlin

Jan 12, 2008
Sterling Heights
Love the rom. just one request / favor ...the stock rom came with a widget that was from att that tracked data usage. any way to get that back? cant find any as good as that one.

thanks

ahhbasta

Jul 21, 2010
Metro Manila
Is anyone experiencing random shutdowns? I get one almost once everyday.

I also have another dilemma, the tablet is fully charged, but the lock screen says, "connect to charger." Any solution for this? I already wiped the battery stats and the problem still persists.

Using the newest kernel from Thor.

Thank you!

I installed the rom from a clean wipe.

Top Liked Posts