[Guide] Unbrand HTC 8X

Search This thread

Puff1911

May 12, 2008
Can you download HTC Connection Setup from the store via wifi? This is how I setup my Tmobile 8X for Simple Mobile. Before I run connection setup its the same as your saying yours is doing. When you open it tap the "..." and choose manual. Then look for Tmobile. But not sure if the internet sharing would work since they blocked it last update....:mad:

yeeeaaah.. those updates were mess.. I ended up resetting my phone and not bothering to do the updates.. so I still have my tethering!

verval91

Aug 30, 2013
i've got an ERROR [296] : UPGRADE ONLY error with ROMUpdateUtility! Anyone?

asian version LTE with GDR2 and want to make a EU one because of the language pack

shadowko

Sep 10, 2013

Hi
i have successfuly unbrand my locked,vodafone branded 8X and flash a Stock HTC rom ! :victory:
the process has been tested on PM232****/c620e Device & also 8S using different filename....
this process bypass the CID check like Wp7 goldcard & can also fix some bad flash/reboot loop.

Caution!
use at your own risk.
I take no responsibility for any conflict or damage to your device

Requirements:
-An Y-cable
-sd card or usb drive key
-the 3 .nbh extracted from those 2 exe using winrar:
official rom HTC_Europe_2.00.401.03
ACDU FIX*

-RUU_Signed.nbh
-UEFI_signed.nbh
-ACDU_UEFI_PROV_KEY.nbh

How to flash:

1- Format your sdcard or usb key in fat32
2-Copy the file .nbh you want to flash to the usb key
3-Rename it ACDUDIAG.nbh
4-Connect the usb key to the Y-cable powered
5-Shutdown the phone press camera button and connect the cable
you will see the text ACDUDIAG.nbh on top left during 1 second
then the flash will start.

For my european device with Bootloader 162966 i have flash in this order:
-UEFI_signed.nbh
-ACDU_UEFI_PROV_KEY.nbh
-UEFI_signed.nbh
-RUU_Signed.nbh
-ACDU_UEFI_PROV_KEY.nbh
-UEFI_signed.nbh

* Notice:
(try different order for flash files if you have problem or if stuck on bootloader screen with uefi message)
I have used this step but i think you can directly flash
UEFI_signed.nbh then -RUU_Signed.nbh without Acdu depending on your software version

Hello,
i have same phone, HTC 8X, C620e- Model PM23200 with Bootloader 162966, with Vodafone ROM...

I downloaded RUU_ACCORD... exe files but first is saying "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked..." and second is saying "ERROR [260] : CONNECTION"

What im doing wrong? And im doing this because i want to have Slovak language in menu, have this ROM all language files?

Thanks!

demijan

Oct 5, 2012
Kragujevac
abit.rs
Use PC with Windows 8 softwer.This "The contents of this file can not be unpacked..." and simillar error is usually on non W8 computers.
Yes,Slovak language is include in this version of ROM.:cool:

Last edited:

jediblob

Sep 21, 2013
Please advise...

I've been trying to get this to work for a couple of days now but i'm not getting very far
My original bootloader screen looked like this:
SBL1-153.200.103
SBL2-153.200.103
SBL3-153.200.103
TZ-153.200.180
UEFI-0.0.1532.20(165610)
OS-2.01.206.00

But now (after using the 3 .nbh files) I've got
SBL1-001.532.008
SBL2-001.532.009
SBL3-001.532.011
TZ-001-532.015
UEFI-0.0.1532.20(159895)
OS-2.00.401.03

And the only .nbh file that seems to do anything now is ACDU_UEFI_PROV_KEY.nbh which changes SBL2 to 153.200.103 on the first flash and then changes the UEFI to 0.0.3.20(111111) and the OS to 0.00.862.103 on the second flash (with the key provision error)

The other 2 files just get me back to where i was before using the PROV_KEY file

Kaslik

Oct 3, 2013
What about PM23300

Hello,

Anyone successful in flashing an 8X model PM23300? I have an AT&T branded phone, that does allow me to tether while using in Canada on Rogers network.
Where are all the smart people???

Thank you

danisenses

Oct 9, 2013
Hi! I'm new here! I want to unbrand mine too. Will this Y cable work fine? Thanks!

dx.com/p/usb-female-to-micro-usb-male-usb-male-otg-host-cable-black-155233

johngamer7

Dec 14, 2012
ntironit Jean

Hey everyone. Need help. I got a dev HTC 8X (not for resale), bootloader 0.0.1532.20 (156943), CID 11111111, PM232xxxx Security Unlocked. I can't update my windows. It says i got the latest version. I tried to flash with ROMUpdateUtility but after 1% phone reboots and i got a message on the RUU ERROR [340] ENCSS_VERIFY_ERROR. Can anyone help please? All i want is get my updates and the phone to work properly...

Puff1911

May 12, 2008
Hey everyone. Need help. I got a dev HTC 8X (not for resale), bootloader 0.0.1532.20 (156943), CID 11111111, PM232xxxx Security Unlocked. I can't update my windows. It says i got the latest version. I tried to flash with ROMUpdateUtility but after 1% phone reboots and i got a message on the RUU ERROR [340] ENCSS_VERIFY_ERROR. Can anyone help please? All i want is get my updates and the phone to work properly...

did u try doing a hard reset?

Puff1911

May 12, 2008
If by that you mean a regular reset, i did. I don't know if a hard reset is a different thing...

1. Turn off the phone.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press the POWER button. Release the VOLUME DOWN button when you see an icon on the screen.
3. Then press the following hardware buttons in this sequence: VOLUME UP > VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN.

That should initiate the reset.

johngamer7

Dec 14, 2012
Tried that too but didn't work. But i finally got it to work! I downloaded everything again from a different source and that did the trick...actually not right away cause it game a few UPDATE_ERROR but after a few tries it finally worked. I can update now! Thanks for the help.

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Hello,

I build an y cable myself according the XDA picture.

I shutdown my phone.
I plug my USB key formatted in fat32 on my Y cable, next, i plug my Y cable on my PC.

First, my USB key don't blink ? Is it ok ?

Secondly, i press to the camera button, and i connect the phone to my Y Cable.
My phone boot normally, i don't see other screen?

Anyone have some idea ?

Anyone could explain the full boot method ?

What is missing ?

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Nixeus

dach

May 17, 2009
at&t PM23300

I tried this on my 8X from at&t, model PM23300. Problem is that is updated to the latest GDR3.

My phone reads the USB memory and the ACDUDIAG.nbh file but after some times it said (on the white screen with green letters) on the bottom of the screen: DongleFail: CheckDeviceImage Signature Error.

Anyone heard about this error?

zeeshanace

Nov 16, 2013
error 270 htc x8

I am doing hole thing but I got an error 270 when its check rom will you please confirm me what should I do for this

dach

May 17, 2009
America version

thank you very much for flash-information, the rom files and tutorial! after a several tries i finally got it working! i unbranded my t-mobile htc 8x (uefi bootloader 156246). needed to flash things some more times and there were moments where my heart nearly got stuck! i think cause was my crappy self-made y-cable! one time i had short-circuit and my pc crashed - got luck, wasn't flashig at this moment! :D

Hi, did this method work on your phone? Is your phone model PM23*** ?

2chillen

Signature Key

I tried this on my 8X from at&t, model PM23300. Problem is that is updated to the latest GDR3.

My phone reads the USB memory and the ACDUDIAG.nbh file but after some times it said (on the white screen with green letters) on the bottom of the screen: DongleFail: CheckDeviceImage Signature Error.

Anyone heard about this error?

Hello! I know ur Problem with that Signature! U need a Digital Signature Beta KEY that`s on the SD Card...Otherwise the install fails!
I don`t know where that key is to Buy..A Friend of my Best Friend has worked @ HTC in Germany an he had a Unique Developer Signature Key! But he didn`t gave it to him! I asked him for that Key, or another Key but he hasn`t gave one to me!
Ask a HTC Member where u can Buy etc. a Key...

Gruß
aus Ostfriesland!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi
    i have successfuly unbrand my locked,vodafone branded 8X and flash a Stock HTC rom ! :victory:
    the process has been tested on PM232****/c620e Device & also 8S using different filename....
    this process bypass the CID check like Wp7 goldcard & can also fix some bad flash/reboot loop.

Caution!
    use at your own risk.
    I take no responsibility for any conflict or damage to your device

Requirements:
    -An Y-cable
    -sd card or usb drive key
    -the 3 .nbh extracted from those 2 exe using winrar:
    official rom HTC_Europe_2.00.401.03
    ACDU FIX*

-RUU_Signed.nbh
    -UEFI_signed.nbh
    -ACDU_UEFI_PROV_KEY.nbh

How to flash:

1- Format your sdcard or usb key in fat32
    2-Copy the file .nbh you want to flash to the usb key
    3-Rename it ACDUDIAG.nbh
    4-Connect the usb key to the Y-cable powered
    5-Shutdown the phone press camera button and connect the cable
    you will see the text ACDUDIAG.nbh on top left during 1 second
    then the flash will start.

For my european device with Bootloader 162966 i have flash in this order:
    -UEFI_signed.nbh
    -ACDU_UEFI_PROV_KEY.nbh
    -UEFI_signed.nbh
    -RUU_Signed.nbh
    -ACDU_UEFI_PROV_KEY.nbh
    -UEFI_signed.nbh

* Notice:
    (try different order for flash files if you have problem or if stuck on bootloader screen with uefi message)
    I have used this step but i think you can directly flash
    UEFI_signed.nbh then -RUU_Signed.nbh without Acdu depending on your software version

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has been able to achieve this on the Verizon HTC 8X. I'm tired of waiting for Portico from them and if I could unbrand my device then I could receive Portico as well as have the ability to group text. Also I'm not sure what you mean by a "Y Cable". If you could elaborate on that I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
    You should check if the hard/software versions match, If they do you can try. If they don't you can still try but risk of the device not booting anymore.

Y cable is two female USB plugs connected, and a USB male plug only for +5v DC. check here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1676794
    Successful from asia to eu ;)
    11105_426778994074110_871715720_n.jpg

66751_426783034073706_1957505276_n.jpg
    Hi at all,

i have now a brandingfree HTC 8x :)

base was the following rom and bootloader:
    german o2 firmware:15232.20.20002.207
    bootloader: 0.0.1532.20(161722)

very very good guide in first post...

you need only this:
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...s_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=pocketpc0d-21
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...s_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=pocketpc0d-21

but two difference on my own...

the message
    display after step 8, NOT after Step 7
    with error UEFI for Key Provision ONLY

i have flashed in step 9 again the "ruu_signed.nbh" named as "ACDUDIAG.nbh" (same as step 1)

i've got 2 error messages at the end of flashing process...

- first
    firmware update for touchscreen firmware failure
    (but Touchscreen works well???)

- after step 9 complete, HTC8X boot to boot loader and display the message
    UEFI for Key Provision ONLY

3. now i have rebooted device and everything works fine...

notice with restore:
    if you will be restore your backup-settings, device will be fall in a boot-loop after HTC-Logo, next Display is black and then come the loop...
    only help was a "hard reset"...

thanks for this great tutorial...