[Q] Is it worth it unlocking bootloader and losing Bravia Engine?

Search This thread

kathallida

Dec 17, 2013
Is it worth it to unlock your bootloader because you lose some things like apps and bravia engine....

Do you have any problems on your device with unlocked bootloader?

Is it possible to have bravia engine on CyanogenMod?

Is it possible to have sony's picture effect app on CyanogenMod?

Last edited:

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Is it worth it to unlock your bootloader because you lose some things like apps and bravia engine....

Do you have any problems on your device with unlocked bootloader?

Is it possible to have bravia engine on CyanogenMod?

The only reason to unlock the bootloader is to run custom roms, we don't even need it unlocked for recovery now.

You can also restore the TA partition to regain xreality on stock roms.

neverborn

Aug 9, 2010
Since we're on the topic - I'm on stock 290 but using the custom kernel (for root). I also have custom recovery. Will restoring TA be safe?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

neverborn

Aug 9, 2010
Thought so, but I'm a new enough Sony user that u wasn't sure. Thanks!

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
There is a difference but sadly is not always for the best from my previous experience.
Some things look very nice, almost HD like but very bad video quality for example just seems to look even worst lol

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
There is a difference but sadly is not always for the best from my previous experience.
Some things look very nice, almost HD like but very bad video quality for example just seems to look even worst lol

Totally agree, on the whole I have it disabled because of this. The benefits aren't good enough to warrant it IMHO.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jnocomski

Oct 22, 2008
Caloocan
Just making it clear, I unlocked my BL and rooted my XZU but I can still see X-Reality. Is it simply not working or it's supposed to be not there, even?

Reactions: imakul8

Top Liked Posts