Wi-Fi doesn't work after suspension

Search This thread

ColdFire InOx

May 13, 2012
My Wi-Fi doesn't work after the phone comes from suspension/deep sleep. The icon appears and it appears to be connected to the network, but then I test and have no connection. This is random, doesn't always happen, but yet happens often.

I'm on franco kernel r33 and stock ROM.

Is this a device issue?

Enviado do meu Nexus 5 através de Tapatalk

Last edited:

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
My Wi-Fi doesn't work after the phone comes from suspension/deep sleep. The icon appears and it appears to be connected to the network, but then I test and have no connection. This is random, doesn't always happen, but yet happens often.

Is this a device issue?

Im on stock rom and Franco kernal r33 also and I have same issue

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012

Is this a device issue?

Im on stock rom and Franco kernal r33 also and I have same issue

You both have Franco kernel. Why don't one of you go back to the stock kernel (don't forget to rename those two files)? I noticed some wifi weirdness with r32, but never had any connection issues.

ColdFire InOx

May 13, 2012
I believe this doesn't happen with every Wi-Fi connection. I don't know why it happens on this phone but not in others though. The problem is on the phone, not on the router.

Anyone else had this?

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Update router firmware and select 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz on your phone.

N5 has wireless AC chip so its different from your other phones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ColdFire InOx

May 13, 2012
Update router firmware and select 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz on your phone.

N5 has wireless AC chip so its different from your other phones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I've selected 2.4GHz since that's the frenquency my router uses but still the problem keeps on happening.

Last edited:

outofthisworld

Jun 10, 2010
I was wrong. The problem still happens with stock kernel. Please help me, do I need RMA?

My phone shows an orange Wi-Fi icon in the quick settings bar when it wakes sometimes, usually after a few hours connected to wifi.

Recently it doesn't show any Wi-Fi networks when searching and I know I'm in an area with many many networks.

It does however connect to my (hidden) ssid when I type it in manually.

On stock ROM and Franco kernel, though I'm sure it isn't a kernel issue.