4.4.2 LEAKED ROM, How do i root?

Search This thread

nguyentoogood

Feb 9, 2014
Hey i have the leaked version of 4.4.2 rom installed on my ATT note 3.
I hear news on the OTA update but i don't see why i need to get it.

I just want to get my phone rooted so i can use some of the applications that require super permissions.
Downgrading to 4.3 build seem like an option but some of the links bring me up to "file was removed because of copyright/somethinglikethat", also i prefer more of a one-click style.

But does anyone know where i can find it? Searching for it leads me to the exact opposite of what im looking for. So hopefully a thread post can help me out.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
You can't directly root it as far as I know.

You may end up having to revert to MJ5, install SS and then install one of the 4.4 ROMs we have available.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nguyentoogood

Feb 9, 2014
Read knoxraid thread, op word for word

i read his post, but you can't get safety strap installed properly without having super user permission. If there is no root for the leak i only see the option to downgrade to jb and get root. The process seems tedious and like i said a bunch of the things you need to download, the links aren't workin.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
As far as I know, the links are fixed.

Some people like myself are not lazy and have no problem doing tedious things to get their phones to function the way they want.

You may not care about downgrading to upgrade to a custom 4.4.2 ROM with root, but others do.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app