Update TWRP

Search This thread

kbenoit

Nov 12, 2013
I bought a used phone that already has TWRP 2.3.3.1 installed. I'm trying to update the rom in used, but first need to update TWRP to 2.7.0.0 (since I receive a set_metadata_recursive failure). I tried with goomanager, it says it updated recovery sucessfully, but when booting, still have 2.3.3.1. I tryed using dd, but still have the old version. Seems the only solution left is Odin, which require windows ? That I don't have.

Any other solution to update TWRP ?

Kristian

mkfryan

Aug 9, 2012
Fargo ND
In goo change your download directory to external SD been the only way I have gotten goo to install twrp on any of my phones

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I bought a used phone that already has TWRP 2.3.3.1 installed. I'm trying to update the rom in used, but first need to update TWRP to 2.7.0.0 (since I receive a set_metadata_recursive failure). I tried with goomanager, it says it updated recovery sucessfully, but when booting, still have 2.3.3.1. I tryed using dd, but still have the old version. Seems the only solution left is Odin, which require windows ? That I don't have.

Any other solution to update TWRP ?

Kristian

Have you tried mobile odin? Also lots of people having problems with latest twrp, but the most recent 2.6 (can't remember the whole version #) works fine