[Help] Factory Reset under Apollo Gapps Rom v1.2 and replace the stock Rom

Search This thread

wck01

Sep 21, 2007
Hi All,

My friend use Apollo 14.3.2.3. I follow the guides and help to downgrade to 14.3.1.0. Then, I also helped him to install safestrap and Apollo Gapps Version 1.2. Everything was fine and prefect.

However, my friend tried to use factory reset at Gapps rom v1.2 without telling me. It made Kindle can't boot. Fortunately, he can go to recovery and make stock rom active. It can boot. However, I found that this is not original stock rom. I think the stock rom was replaced by Gapps rom v1.2.

Does anyone know how to restore the original stock rom? I have a stock rom backup copy from my kindle. Can I use that?

Thanks in advance.

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Why not just autoupdate? That would lose you root but you can get it back.

wck01

Sep 21, 2007
Thank you for all suggestion. Now, the HDX 8.9 is not bricking. It just losts the stock rom but has Apollo Gapps Version 1.2 instead. I'm still thinking to use the bricking method as I don't want HDX becomes bricking.

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
uhg

Hi All,

My friend use Apollo 14.3.2.3. I follow the guides and help to downgrade to 14.3.1.0. Then, I also helped him to install safestrap and Apollo Gapps Version 1.2. Everything was fine and prefect.

However, my friend tried to use factory reset at Gapps rom v1.2 without telling me. It made Kindle can't boot. Fortunately, he can go to recovery and make stock rom active. It can boot. However, I found that this is not original stock rom. I think the stock rom was replaced by Gapps rom v1.2.

Does anyone know how to restore the original stock rom? I have a stock rom backup copy from my kindle. Can I use that?

Thanks in advance.
Simple
First of all what you describe it did not happen or at least not right you described it sounds like they don't know exactly what they did. Second of all if they do not realize what they are doing to their device and they are very likely going to end up with a paperweight but that is neither my problem or your problem. Third if you do have a stock back up. Make sure you are on the stock slot then restore your stock back up...WARNING If you are both ignorant of this device. You will be back :(

Reactions: wck01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uhg

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
    Simple
    First of all what you describe it did not happen or at least not right you described it sounds like they don't know exactly what they did. Second of all if they do not realize what they are doing to their device and they are very likely going to end up with a paperweight but that is neither my problem or your problem. Third if you do have a stock back up. Make sure you are on the stock slot then restore your stock back up...WARNING If you are both ignorant of this device. You will be back :(