[Q] cannot use phone as usb drive

Search This thread

spitzig

Jul 5, 2014
Recently updated from WinXP to Windows 7. I am having trouble with the USB drivers for my phone. The phone charges, but my phone does not show it to connect in the pull down menu. I can't use it as a USB drive. I cannot tell that the PC recognizes the phone as being plugged in.

I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled Kies multiple times. I've installed the USB drivers that come with Kies. I've downloaded the drivers and installed them separately(with Kies installed and not-installed). The most recent drivers I found were 1.5.45.

I've tried turning the Debugging off and on.

With WinXP, I often needed to reboot or uninstall Kies to get the program to work. Frustrating, but it worked. Now, it won't.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5617821

Recently updated from WinXP to Windows 7. I am having trouble with the USB drivers for my phone. The phone charges, but my phone does not show it to connect in the pull down menu. I can't use it as a USB drive. I cannot tell that the PC recognizes the phone as being plugged in.

I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled Kies multiple times. I've installed the USB drivers that come with Kies. I've downloaded the drivers and installed them separately(with Kies installed and not-installed). The most recent drivers I found were 1.5.45.

I've tried turning the Debugging off and on.

With WinXP, I often needed to reboot or uninstall Kies to get the program to work. Frustrating, but it worked. Now, it won't.

While connecting your phone to PC, do you see any icon on the taskbar?

spitzig

Jul 5, 2014
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5617821

I can't connect my phone to my PC, so can't install apps from my PC.

Other USB drives connect to my PC fine.

Try using data connection or wifi to download it from phone. You can also use a card reader to copy it.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Well, that got me thinking about the PC, and I reinstalled the VIA USB drivers(as compared to the Samsung ones). It now recognizes my phone. Whether I can get Kies to convert video is another question.

So can you use USB Mass Storage now?

Reactions: spitzig

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5617821
    I can't connect my phone to my PC, so can't install apps from my PC.

Other USB drives connect to my PC fine.

Try using data connection or wifi to download it from phone. You can also use a card reader to copy it.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Well, that got me thinking about the PC, and I reinstalled the VIA USB drivers(as compared to the Samsung ones). It now recognizes my phone. Whether I can get Kies to convert video is another question.

So can you use USB Mass Storage now?