[ROM]IMM30B 4.0.4 Stock,rooted,deodexed,zipaligned,busybox,insecure boot + mods zips

Search This thread

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
This rom is pretty bad for battery life. I'm having major issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Actually the 4.0.4 ROM has the best battery life thus-far... but let's see if we can isolate what's the cause the battery drain...

1. Which kernel? If not stock, any overclock/undervolts?
2. Install CPUSpy and check the time-in-state for different CPU speeds...
3. Install BetterBatteryStats and try to identify which app is keeping the phone awake and/or using excessive battery...

brandonb81

Feb 28, 2009
I was going to say, I've been on this rom since yesterday, it's awesome btw, and my battery's been stellar so far. It's been fantastic with 4.04 in general. Right now I've got 74% battery remaining, 5h41m on battery with 40m on screen time.

At that rate I'll get 24 hours of use out of it. It's been awesome. Granted I've been at work and haven't really been using the phone all that much, but it's been great in general. Best Android battery life I've ever seen. I am not using anything to help it either, no juice defender, no task killers, nothing.

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
I've added the LockBeforeUnlock mod for the stock 4.0.4 rom HERE. This enables the slide to unlock in combination with a pin/pattern (if you're using either) and gives you quick access to the camera. I might add more shortcuts once I figure out how (maybe phone and sms?).

Yadao

Aug 28, 2010
USA
I flashed this directly over stock 4.0.2 without factory resetting yesterday. Everything seems to work fine. It's definitely smoother. Can't comment much on battery life yet, but so far it seems good. One difference I noticed right away is that the screen has a sort of fade in from black effect when it's turned on, I like it.

Also using Native Tethering hack and Battery Percentage mod.

cds36

Jun 10, 2010
Spokane Wa
I've added the LockBeforeUnlock mod for the stock 4.0.4 rom HERE. This enables the slide to unlock in combination with a pin/pattern (if you're using either) and gives you quick access to the camera. I might add more shortcuts once I figure out how (maybe phone and sms?).

Hells yeah

dnstommy

Jul 11, 2010
I flashed the update (update only, not the whole rom) and the radio. Now I am looking at the Google (with the unlock) for about 10 minutes now.

How long does the update take on boot?

klobkelosh

Jan 25, 2011
Phx, AZ
I flashed the update (update only, not the whole rom) and the radio. Now I am looking at the Google (with the unlock) for about 10 minutes now.

How long does the update take on boot?

Not ten minutes. You got a bad install. What update are you referring to? This is a full ROM. At a minimum wipe dalvik, system, and cache (leave data alone) and reflash the whole ROM. Should work and all apps should still be installed.

miguel11691

Aug 31, 2007
Happened to me as well.. wipe everything. . And do a fresh install... worked after that.. good luck

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dboftlp

Jan 5, 2010
Boston
twitter.com
I'm not getting as good of a wifi signal. Can I flash just the radios or do I have to flash the bootloader along with it? If I can just flash the 4.0.2 radios back, anyone got a link? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

rsxtypes72

Mar 14, 2009
I'm not getting as good of a wifi signal. Can I flash just the radios or do I have to flash the bootloader along with it? If I can just flash the 4.0.2 radios back, anyone got a link? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

You can flash just the radio or both that's up to you. And come on dude there are two threads dedicated to radios. Look there

tacopimp

Aug 30, 2006
Philadelphia
Actually the 4.0.4 ROM has the best battery life thus-far... but let's see if we can isolate what's the cause the battery drain...

1. Which kernel? If not stock, any overclock/undervolts?
2. Install CPUSpy and check the time-in-state for different CPU speeds...
3. Install BetterBatteryStats and try to identify which app is keeping the phone awake and/or using excessive battery...

I love this ROM aside from the battery life I am getting, but here are the answers to your questions.

1. I am using the Kernel that came with this ROm (stock i am assuming)

2. I just downloaded CPUSpy. Not sure exactly how it works, but I am assuming I should let my phone run for a bit to see what it says.

3. Just downloaded BetterBatteryStats aswell. Again, I am assuming that I need to let my phone run for a little while before I get any stats worth looking at.

The batterylife is just draining so quickly it seems. I have been up for about an hour now. I looked at my phone for all of 10 minutes I think. I am already at 89% battery. That's not real good right? but at this rate I would think my phone would be dead in just a couple of hours. Yesterday, I was barely on it at all, and it lasted like 4 hours max.

cds36

Jun 10, 2010
Spokane Wa
I love this ROM aside from the battery life I am getting, but here are the answers to your questions.

2. I just downloaded CPUSpy. Not sure exactly how it works, but I am assuming I should let my phone run for a bit to see what it says.

3. Just downloaded BetterBatteryStats aswell. Again, I am assuming that I need to let my phone run for a little while before I get any stats worth looking at.

The batterylife is just draining so quickly it seems. I have been up for about an hour now. I looked at my phone for all of 10 minutes I think. I am already at 89% battery. That's not real good right? but at this rate I would think my phone would be dead in just a couple of hours. Yesterday, I was barely on it at all, and it lasted like 4 hours max.

you defiantly got something running in the BG. More than likely a app you installed i would check there

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin

1. Yes, that's the stock kernel

2. Leave your phone alone for a bit (not charging), open CPUSpy and check how long the phone remains in different CPU speed states. If it stays to long in at a higher frequency when left idle, some app may be running and keeping the phone awake

3. After a while of regular usage, Check the wakelocks and time-in-process for different processes in BetterBatteryStats and see what app is keeping your phone awake and for how long.

Do note though that keeping the screen on uses considerable battery. Also, tweak the brightness setting (including enabling and disabling auto-brightness) and see if that helps... but it's most likely a stray app eating your battery.

Reactions: tacopimp

tacopimp

Aug 30, 2006
Philadelphia
you defiantly got something running in the BG. More than likely a app you installed i would check there

If I go into Apps under Settings and click on running here is what I have... I don't know what many of the running services are, but I am assuming they are just things that are needed. I also don't know what the cached processes are for...

RUNNING SERVICES

Retro Clock
Google Voice - don't know why this is running
SyncMLSvc - don't know what this does
BIP - don't know what this does
Google Services
Media - don't know what this does
Email
Maps - don't know why this is running
Android Keyboard

CACHED PROCESSES

Launcher
Maps
Google Account Manager
My Verizon Mobile
Android Core Apps
Messaging
Calendar
Clock
Calendar Storgae
Email
Facebook
Contacts
BetterBatteryStats
CPU Spy
Package Access Helper
Maps
Maps

miguel11691

Aug 31, 2007
After installing this rom it now my computer will only charge the phone.. i cant do anything else.... when i look at my device manager it is saying INTF and not android what is wrong

cds36

Jun 10, 2010
Spokane Wa
Is anyone else google photos syncing even tho it is unchecked. Hate the fact that all picasa photos show in gallery.

xarthos

Aug 26, 2010
Korriban
So far I upgraded my Rooted 4.02 stock to this Rom and I am having no issues. So far it seems like it completely fixed the delay ending tasks and for some reason it even seems like the volume and call quality are both improved. I'm dazzled at the moment by how stellar this is doing.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts