[Q] Volume to control media

Search This thread

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
I've been searching this forum all day and can't find an answer.I'm trying to set it so that holding my volume rocker will skip tracks when listening to music. Tweaked ROM had this feature, but I was one if the unfortunate that wad having hotboot issues. I'm sure my phone not the ROM, but either way I had to go back to eclipse. I really miss that feature and want to get it back.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
It takes a number of smali edits. For what it's worth - I plan on putting together a less-modded variant of tweaked (minus music widget and maybe some lockscreens) in the near future, so hopefully those that had problems with tweaked will find more stability with the less-modded spin on it.

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Thanks for the quick reply.i figured it was something more complicated then just editing key layout.for what its worth I went back to tweaked. I missed my control and customization. Great rom! Hey do you know how to get swype from eclipse I liked the one touch to bring up corrections and the horizontal word suggestions

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply.i figured it was something more complicated then just editing key layout.for what its worth I went back to tweaked. I missed my control and customization. Great rom! Hey do you know how to get swype from eclipse I liked the one touch to bring up corrections and the horizontal word suggestions

I could be wrong but that is likely the newer beta version that's out. I'm actually not fully sure the process to go about getting that, but I believe it requires signing up for it in some way. I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable could chime in here :)

Reactions: kintwofan

Cryptrix

Mar 16, 2012
Boston, MA
Swype Beta

Hey do you know how to get swype from eclipse I liked the one touch to bring up corrections and the horizontal word suggestions

I concur with dwitheral it sounds like you just need the newest version of swype.. go hurr http://beta.swype.com/android/create/ to sign up for Swype beta. It will send a link to your email where you can download swype-installer.apk or whatever its called, you can do it through your phone so use the email you have linked to your charge. Then it'll give you the usual straight forward installation wizard to choose settings/languages etc.. and Ta Da, just activate it through settings>keyboard and choose it as the input method. Installing it this way will also let you get notifications (if you want) to update the swype keyboard when they patch improvements.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Swype Beta

Hey do you know how to get swype from eclipse I liked the one touch to bring up corrections and the horizontal word suggestions

I concur with dwitheral it sounds like you just need the newest version of swype.. go hurr http://beta.swype.com/android/create/ to sign up for Swype beta. It will send a link to your email where you can download swype-installer.apk or whatever its called, you can do it through your phone so use the email you have linked to your charge. Then it'll give you the usual straight forward installation wizard to choose settings/languages etc.. and Ta Da, just activate it through settings>keyboard and choose it as the input method. Installing it this way will also let you get notifications (if you want) to update the swype keyboard when they patch improvements.

I could be wrong but that is likely the newer beta version that's out. I'm actually not fully sure the process to go about getting that, but I believe it requires signing up for it in some way. I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable could chime in here :)