3rd party Qi wireless receiver

Search This thread

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Just tried the Fone Salesman 0.5mm card. It is indeed very thin except that there is a bulge at the top.

This has the effect of actually raising up the case near the camera more than the 1.3mm card I got with my CHOE charger. Apart from this the card is very slim and adds almost zero bulk. But given it potentially compromises the seal in the case more than a thicker, cheaper card, I don't think I'll be keeping it.

This of course is all just personal experience and opinion, others may find the card more suitable.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Is this the slim card, or the normal one, the slim card is the ultra thin one, and apparently they have charged the design of it, and the newest version is slightly worst as the chipset is located just under the camera area and will create a slight bulge.

b0ng0

Nov 23, 2010
Is this the slim card, or the normal one, the slim card is the ultra thin one, and apparently they have charged the design of it, and the newest version is slightly worst as the chipset is located just under the camera area and will create a slight bulge.

Yeah it's the ultra thin one, which you would expect to have the least buldge - however you're correct, the chipset must be located at the top and this is causing quite the buldge.

Any recommendations as to which Qi card gives the smallest buldge as my CHOE Qi card isn't exactly the thinnest...

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Yeah it's the ultra thin one, which you would expect to have the least buldge - however you're correct, the chipset must be located at the top and this is causing quite the buldge.

Any recommendations as to which Qi card gives the smallest buldge as my CHOE Qi card isn't exactly the thinnest...

actually the thinnest one is also the slimcard, but the old version, it's posted in the first post by powerqi(the original makers), there is 2 different version posted in the first post, both are thin.

b0ng0

Nov 23, 2010
actually the thinnest one is also the slimcard, but the old version, it's posted in the first post by powerqi(the original makers), there is 2 different version posted in the first post, both are thin.

Ah cheers - do you know if the old model is still sold and is it available in the UK?

Thanks mate.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Ah cheers - do you know if the old model is still sold and is it available in the UK?

Thanks mate.

www.powerqi.com.cn

ask for a sample and a quotation with shipping cost, and see what the price is, most of the product fonesalesman sells are from powerqi, make sure you show them the photo from the first post and that you don't want the newer version, you can chat with them online.

mbaran

Jul 12, 2006
is the consensus then that the #6 card is the thinnest and will retain all water resistance?

czechpunk

May 5, 2011
Katy, TX
www.4oEmusic.com
Just my 2 cents: I ordered the Fonesalesman PWRcard (by accident) but it seems to fit just fine. I did have to trim the very edge of it so that the raised part in the back plate would fit next to the battery (did not trim the coil itself just some of the extra paper on the card. As you can see in the pictures, there's hardly any noticeable bump and my case hides the bump even further. You can only really tell when you set it down on a flat surface. Charging on the slanted DiGiYes pad I had lying around seems to work OK, but it is a little picky about placement (I think this is the charging pad and not the card). No comment on waterproof (I'm not taking that chance), that being said, as you can see in the first picture, the top left node of the receiver overlaps the gasket track.

Attachments

• IMG_20140918_172108_673.jpg
    IMG_20140918_172108_673.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_20140918_172238_354.jpg
    IMG_20140918_172238_354.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_20140918_173523_427.jpg
    IMG_20140918_173523_427.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_20140918_172412_504.jpg
    IMG_20140918_172412_504.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 425

kjfan985

Feb 3, 2013
Im useing the itian one it seem's like it would still provide a water tight seal with oem cover but Im useing it with a lifeproof case so that is a none issue for me ( charges fine threw case and skin BTW ) came with a wireless charger pad which work's great but doesn't work with my other pad which is a cheap ebay one so that may be why

edlee

Jun 25, 2008
There is definately a defect in number 6, I have six of them for all my families galaxy's, and two of them stopped working this week after two months, basically they can't keep a connection and charge continually turns on and off.

And I used to have number 5 and phone would become extremely hot during charge. So now I am back to the drawing board.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
There is definately a defect in number 6, I have six of them for all my families galaxy's, and two of them stopped working this week after two months, basically they can't keep a connection and charge continually turns on and off.

And I used to have number 5 and phone would become extremely hot during charge. So now I am back to the drawing board.

It's compatibility problem, although they are all Qi, and suppose to work, some receiver work better than others with different charging base.

edlee

Jun 25, 2008
It's compatibility problem, although they are all Qi, and suppose to work, some receiver work better than others with different charging base.
Its not a compatibility thing, I am using the same OEM Samsung charging pad with the same number 6 receiver pads , I have 6 of them in my family and after two months of usage, one by one they are all dying

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Its not a compatibility thing, I am using the same OEM Samsung charging pad with the same number 6 receiver pads , I have 6 of them in my family and after two months of usage, one by one they are all dying

I had over 50 of them, along with 12different transmitter, including the oem Samsung one.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
FYI the Samsung transmitter does have problems with some receivers, especially the receiver from nillkin

kevin627

Oct 6, 2014
Since not being able to find a case I want, I've returned the OEM Samsung back and got the Fone Slim Card. There is a tiny bulge, as everyone has pointed out. Anyone have success filing or sanding down the back cover to make the extra 0.5 or even 0.25 worth of extra room? I was going to try this, but I know the backing is already thin. Was thinking of a couple passes with the dremel tool could do it.

Luisbaby

Jan 22, 2012
... do you guys notice the name of phone on the Nillkin receiver? ... it is SAMAUNG GALAXY S5 @@ ... I just bought a new one from ebay and I doubt it is not an original from Nillkin :rolleyes: ...

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
... do you guys notice the name of phone on the Nillkin receiver? ... it is SAMAUNG GALAXY S5 @@ ... I just bought a new one from ebay and I doubt it is not an original from Nillkin :rolleyes: ...

The nillkin is the best looking receiver, but has the worst compatibility, majority of the transmitter does not work, I have over 10 pieces lying around, and have no intention in selling them on ebay,can't be bothered in having to deal with any returned for exchange or refund.

Luisbaby

Jan 22, 2012
The nillkin is the best looking receiver, but has the worst compatibility, majority of the transmitter does not work, I have over 10 pieces lying around, and have no intention in selling them on ebay,can't be bothered in having to deal with any returned for exchange or refund.

... yeah, it looks good ... I see in the description, it can be compatible with all of the wireless charging pads using the QI technology, right? ... :( I did buy it ... awwwww ... now Im waiting for the charging pad, hope it work with the Nillkin receiver :( ...

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
... yeah, it looks good ... I see in the description, it can be compatible with all of the wireless charging pads using the QI technology, right? ... :( I did buy it ... awwwww ... now Im waiting for the charging pad, hope it work with the Nillkin receiver :( ...

In theory it should work with any charger which supports qi, but it's compatibility between brands, many branded transmitter don't work well.

which charger did you buy.

Joao Oliveira

Oct 30, 2006
Does this one work with the Flip Cover? Does it heat a lot? I normally leave the phone to charge overnight.
Brand: Powerqi
Coil Type: Flexi coil
Chipset/IC: TI
Support QI/NFC

Also, where did you bought it?

Thanks.
J.

Looking Glass

Jan 3, 2004
Does this one work with the Flip Cover? Does it heat a lot? I normally leave the phone to charge overnight.
Support QI/NFC

Also, where did you bought it?

Thanks.
J.
It Works.
Be aware that one of the issues affecting charge is THE REAL POWER OUTPUT of the Wall adaptor.

I have Chinesse substitutes claiming to be 2.0 A (2000 milliamperes) that barelly give 1/4 of that.
So mi advice is: try first with the original ones (including the original cable) and then go with the substitutes to check what really works for you.
May sound silly, but it made a difference for me.
Regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If the mods think this shouldn't have a individual thread, please combine this with the existing thread.

Before I go into details about each receiver, I would like to point out that all third party receiver does produce a slight bulge, whether is does bulge alot or little it's there, the bulge is usually the location of the chipset/IC on the receiver.
    If you require a receiver without the bulge go for the samsung OEM cover.

To reduce the thickness and bulge, users can cut or file down certain part of the inside of the cover, you can see the photo below, this part also prevent most of the receiver from positioning direct in the center of the phone, so the receiver is mostly placed toward one side and on the battery.

1fkaqq.jpg

Of the 8 receiver, one of the receiver is a pre production model and is not available for purchase as of write, for other receiver please do a search, I will not provide any links.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, but before asking, most of the answers will probably be answered already in this thread, so please search within this thread first, question that has been answered before in the thread will be ignored.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2718027

Brand: Nillkin
    Coil Type: PCB copper etched
    Support QI/NFC

The receiver is specially cut so that it fits inside the battery cover and overcome any parts that sticks out of the cover.
    The receiver is made very thin and has very little bulge.
    Nillkins claims that this receiver retains the IP67 specification.
    Will work with most transmitters, with transmitter that has only one coil and is more sensitive you will have a hard time getting it to charge properly, I couldn't even get this receiver to charge with samsung's new square charger, with the rectangular one, you have to place the phone alittle higher for it to charge.
    With a charger that has 3 coils, 7 coils or a moving coil, this receiver works very well.

Updated: Does not work with the following charger, Iffu, new version of the samsung, Nokia, Araree and Powerholic.
    May apply to others.

4jw10g.jpg

2cxfadl.jpg

2ef1geg.jpg

Coil Type: copper strand coil
    Support QI/NFC

Only just been release about 2 week ago, ultra thin and produce little bulge to the cover, works well with many chargers.

2ecg21e.jpg

35d15ld.jpg

2s8652v.jpg

Support QI/NFC

During my testing the receiver works very well, the phone needs to placed a little bit down, as the coils is located further down, it is also claimed and been tested to work with the IP67 specification.
    The receiver is ultra thin, and from all of the receiver listed here and one's that I have used, this is the thinnest one to date.

o8avzt.jpg

2mdjwwz.jpg

n2k5fm.jpg

Brand: Yijieneng
    Support QI/NFC

One of the most known companies in wireless charging, I have recommended this brand for a good few years, they have produced many good products, but this receiver is a fail, it's the thickest receiver in the test, it's also very difficult to place into the phone, it took me many time to get the receiver to work with the stock cover, and only manage to get the cover to close properly, I have tested this with a S view cover, it's fits into the cover very tight, but cannot get the two to work, even when it's suppose to work. This is one of the 2 receiver listed here that suppose to works with a S View cover.
    Once you get this receiver to work, there is no problem with this and any other transmitter.

i3syo1.jpg

9kpgd4.jpg

nvtk4o.jpg

Brand: itian/Energy
    Chipset/IC: Unknown
    Support QI/NFC

The first receiver on the market for the S5, work well, very thin but does produce alot of heat.

zs491.jpg

2yv81eh.jpg

25qq3bm.jpg

Brand: Unknown
    Coil Type: Copper strand coil
    Support QI/NFC

This is the second receiver listed here that can be used with S View cover, this receiver is very similar to the Yijieneng, but it's completely different, and is not made by Yijieneng, it's ultra thin, and works well with all charger that I have used.

13ypcg5.jpg

ixe13d.jpg

2u8wg3l.jpg

Support QI/NFC

The smallest receiver made for the S5, and does not affect NFC

2i0d93d.jpg

ih8y0g.jpg

jsenuc.jpg

Support QI/NFC

initial test seems alright, quite thin, even when the cover is on, with minimum bulge, not too fussy about what charger is used.

210imph.jpg

o74qxw.jpg

j59xqb.jpg

Brand: Yijieneng
    Support QI/PMA/NFC

1st third party receiver to support both QI standard (WPC) and PMA (Duracell Powrmat), this receiver also supports the use of the S view cover for wake up and sleep function, anyone after a ultra thin receiver can look elsewhere, this receiver is not thin.
    Further testing needs to done to confirm the compactiblity of both standard, although initial testing QI has been tested to work.
    A must have receiver if you live in the USA where PMA charging is available in all starbucks cafe and some other cafe, and if qi is used as the main charging standard for you smartphone.
    k38vae.jpg

n4v3w9.jpg
    Thanks for the detailed info on receiver.
    Can you please let me know what the difference between different coil types?
    Which once is better? with respect to thickness, charging speed, heat generation, placement on Qi charger etc.

Thanks.

There isn't a better one, they all have their pro's and con's.

Theoretical flexi coil is consider to be the thinnest one which it is, but it all depend on the manufacture when they decide to use the magnetic shield, also know as flexi magnet that inductive charging is required, which can be very thin or thick, this will decide on the factor on the thickness.
    being thin mean it will fit under the phones OEM cover with minimum bulge, but the disadvantage is, flexi coil produces more heat than the other two as it's not as efficient and has more energy loss.

copper strand coil, is the traditional coil with a ferite magnet (mix of stone and metal), and easily get's cracked, but has the less heat as it's much more efficient, but being much thicker, some manufacture has started to use flexi magnet to reduce the thickness.

PCB copper etched in between both, but cost much more to produce, so many manufacture does not use this method, upto now for what I know, nillkin and sandisk is the only manufacture to use this, nillkin being approximate twice the price of many of the available receiver in the market, and sandisk, being 5 times the price.

with all this being said, receiver listed here using the copper coils, are actually the thinner ones see the 2nd and 6th receiver.

from left to right, flexi coil, PCB and copper coil.

29nvtbp.jpg
    Aerb Qi Enable Wireless Charging Receiver + Pad

I purchased both the Aerb charging pad and charging receiver. This is my first wireless charging pad/receiver purchase, so I cannot compare to other brands. Below are my observations and experiences:

The charging pad: the surface is hard plastic and a little bit slippery. One side of the charging cable is regular USB but the other side isn't microUSB (it's the round shape), so you have to stick with their cable.

The charging receiver: it fits the phone but very tight to close the phone's back cover. Sorry I don't dare to test the ability of water proof.

The charging current detect on my phone is about the same as the advertised. It's average 670 mAh.

The phone gets hot while charging. The CPU is constantly at 49 Celsius degree and the battery is around 40 Celsius degree. My room temperature is 24 Celsius (75 Fahrenheit degree).

Finally, the warranty isn't stated on the product page but the email follow-up received by River-Tech states they have ONLY 45 days warranty. So I decided to return both of them because I am not confident about them and the phone gets uncomfortably hot during charging.

EDIT: Photo Uploaded
    More pictures
    I got the Nillkin + the Nillkin Energy Stone charger, and so far it's working fine. It does appear to generate a little heat, but not any more than charging with the cable does in my car. The Nillkin does make the back case bulge a bit, and it's noticible in my Spigen Tough Armor case (it doesn't sit flush anymore on it's back, even though it's got the small raised feet on the corners). I also don't hold much hope that it's still water tight, as the left side does appear to come pretty close to the edge, and is quite thick at that point (no micrometer here so can't tell you my measurements). I didn't have any problems with it charging on the stone, and moved it around several times to make sure it kept connection. It's been charging for about 30 minutes or so, with no disconnects either.

It'll work for now, until I can get one of the super thin ones that appear to be coming out. I wasn't expecting the slight bulge to make my Spigen case sit funny, I could probably get use to it, but it's going to definitely cause a wear-spot over the IC in the Nillkin receiver, I have no doubt there.

Bought mine here.

Any way to disable the sound of the 100% charge, then the reconnect to charge at 99%? I've disabled all the charging stuff in wanum/xposed, but still get the tone that you get when plugging in the device to charge (just like plugging in a USB cable), when you hit 100%, then it stops charging and restarts..
    Hi,

I ordered Yijieneng receiver a while back. I am yet to receive it.
    I saw your review later and immediately knew that was a wrong decision.

I was then inclined to order the Nillkin. Especially because they said the coil is printed on the bottom half to keep it away from the copper plate on the outer case and reduce heat.

I have picked up Nokia DT900 and DT910 recently from ATT. Your updated review says Nillkin doesn't work with Nokia. Did you test with both DT900 and DT910?

How about Powerqi. Does both powerqi ones work with DT900 and DT910?

I am not planning to order one immediately. Would it be wise to wait for the pre-production powerqi? Is there a difference in heat generated between 2 powerqi models?

The information about the Nillkin and Nokia dt900 and dt910 is probably from my post. I have both Nokia and the Nillkin. It works, but the charging cycles on and off. It wont even reach a minute and it would start the cycle. Afer that dissapointing afternoon, I bought the PWRcard non-slim version from Amazon. Two days later, I finally can charge wirelessly.