Manually Programming HTC Incredible For Verizon Networks

Search This thread

akrutsinger

Jul 19, 2010
So when you activate a new phone you have to do all the *228 stuff to register it on verizons network. Since the phone gets programmed OTA you have to be using a Verizon network. Thats where my first problem happened. Since I'm in Alaska and there are no Verizon towers (just partners) everywhere is roaming and you cannot do the OTA update/activation.

I got the phone programmed by changing the NAM settings by "calling" ##778 but only voice and sms work right now.

Now the only problem is that I don't know exactly what I need to change to get the data communications working. I know in order to use data communication on a partner network (while in roaming) you have to first use some kind of data transfer on a verizon network. I can only guess that is so the phone gets programmed properly.

If anyone would care to share their knowledge or share their Modem Settings and M.IP profile information hopefully I can get this thing working 100% again; and by not using verizon's "only" method (as the customer service says)

espmetalhead

Jul 24, 2010
Call back VZW and tell them that you need to do a manual program - I used to work there and they should walk you through all of the steps/entry over the phone.

For what it's worth - Here are my settings

M.IP Settings

Number of Profiles: 1

Active User Profile Index: 0

MIP MODE: Mobile IP Preferred

MIP Registration Retries: 2

MIP Registration Retry Timeout: 0

Mobile Node-HA Authentication: Enable

Send a Registration Request: Disable

Dormant Handoff Optimization: Enable

M.IP Default Profile

Enable Profile: Enable

NAI: younumber@vzw3g.com

DUN NAIL: Failed

MN HA SPI Set: Enable

MN HA SPI Value: 12C

MN AAA SPI Set: Enable

MN AAA SPI Value: 2

Reverse Tunneling Preferred: Enable

Home Address: 0.0.0.0

Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255

Secondary HA Address: 255.255.255.255

DMU Public Key: 10

Modem Settings

Slot Cycle Index: 2

Preferred Serving System: Automatic

Preferred Mode: Automatic

HDR Hybrid Preferred: Enable

Clear All MRU Entry: No

Rev A. Enable

1x Diversity: Disable

Last edited:

akrutsinger

Jul 19, 2010
I appreciate the insight espmetalhead, however when I called vzw and asked them about manually programming it they said the only thing they can manually program is voice/sms. To program the phone for data you HAVE to be in a verizon network no matter what. I don't really understand why. I have another phone (blackberry 8330) that has working data communication here in alaska. WHy can't you just take whatever settings the blackberry has for data and use it on the incredible? lol. man, its so frustrating. I really don't want to ship my phone to my parents and walk them through programming the incredible for me haha.

espmetalhead: hopefully in your experience you've came across a way to manually program a phone for data communication...

espmetalhead

Jul 24, 2010
There is a way to do it from what I remember, you just have to get to a data tech this is high enough in the chain so they can do a walk through. A csr over the phone should be able to route you to the right person. I know I did some Windows Mobile device manual programs that fired up data.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Schyzm

May 2, 2010
I appreciate the insight espmetalhead, however when I called vzw and asked them about manually programming it they said the only thing they can manually program is voice/sms. To program the phone for data you HAVE to be in a verizon network no matter what. I don't really understand why. I have another phone (blackberry 8330) that has working data communication here in alaska. WHy can't you just take whatever settings the blackberry has for data and use it on the incredible? lol. man, its so frustrating. I really don't want to ship my phone to my parents and walk them through programming the incredible for me haha.

espmetalhead: hopefully in your experience you've came across a way to manually program a phone for data communication...

Unfortunately, you have to be in the Vz network to program for data. They use an authentication key that can only be transmitted OTA through their own network for data services. It's a CDMA thing, so there's really no way around it.

akrutsinger

Jul 19, 2010
so why isn't it possible to just read the key to me over the phone or something?

Idk, it just doesn't seem right. It seems like that has to be a way to do it manually...

Maybe I'm just in denial because I really don't want to send it back to the lower 48 :(

plugged_in_now

Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
Manually Programming for Data

Does anyone know how to program the Incredible to get data? For some reason after updating to 2.3.4 it just quick making calls and getting onto mobile networks. I solved the making calls issue by manually programming it through ##778. But now I'm without data, so does anyone have any ideas on how to get this accomplished? Any help would be great! Thanks!

wasi123

Mar 6, 2014
need help for activating my phone

Call back VZW and tell them that you need to do a manual program - I used to work there and they should walk you through all of the steps/entry over the phone.

For what it's worth - Here are my settings

M.IP Settings

Number of Profiles: 1

Active User Profile Index: 0

MIP MODE: Mobile IP Preferred

MIP Registration Retries: 2

MIP Registration Retry Timeout: 0

Mobile Node-HA Authentication: Enable

Send a Registration Request: Disable

Dormant Handoff Optimization: Enable

M.IP Default Profile

Enable Profile: Enable

NAI: younumber@vzw3g.com

DUN NAIL: Failed

MN HA SPI Set: Enable

MN HA SPI Value: 12C

MN AAA SPI Set: Enable

MN AAA SPI Value: 2

Reverse Tunneling Preferred: Enable

Home Address: 0.0.0.0

Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255

Secondary HA Address: 255.255.255.255

DMU Public Key: 10

Modem Settings

Slot Cycle Index: 2

Preferred Serving System: Automatic

Preferred Mode: Automatic

HDR Hybrid Preferred: Enable

Clear All MRU Entry: No

Rev A. Enable

1x Diversity: Disable

hi this is Waseem from Pakistan i am facing much problems in activating my HTC droid incredible 2.
i have tried alot to update my phone but it's not working and the activation dialer is also work-less. please guide me through the whole procedure, what should i do next to activate my phone. i already have restored the factory setting twice but still not updating... i wil be very thankful to you for this act of kindness.

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
As a matter of interest :
1) Should I be disconnected from the net when I do this ?
2) Should I be taking the GSM-Card out of the phone when doing this
3) If I do a hard-reset now, and being asked x-cancel 0-hard-reset, what would be the result ?
4) Are there any other reasons for the device not being recognized, or not for soo long ?

PS. I am using the internet through a router/firewall and I am not using the XP-firewall.

This is the forums for the first gen incredible not incredible 2.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk