[APP][Update to any Firmware region via Kies2.0][SpoofFw][Kies2.0]

Search This thread

LuffarJoh

May 10, 2007
A new approach!
Spoof the firmware version on the device, to trick Kies2.0.

But as you might understand, messing with system files is always dangerous and the possibility for a brick is always present. Hopefully this will not occur :) I'm doing my best to avoid that.

You should not use this app if you cannot get into Recovery and/or Download mode! (3 button combo) As always when you modifies system files!
Remember to disable any lagfix before updating!

For everyones safety I would recommend doing a manual backup of /system/build.prop and the complete /efs folder including nv_data.bin

The app does this automatically to the internal SDCARD, but just to be on the safe side I would recommend a manual backup to the computer aswell.

There is three steps where a reboot is required after step 2. The app will tell you what to do.

Step1.
Backup everything. If this fails, step2 is not available.

Step2.
Set the new ProductCode and PDA. Reboot!

Step3.
Set CSC and Phone. Do NOT reboot. Connect to Kies2.0 and update!
This setting is not permanent and will go back to previous setting after reboot.
Done!

-------------------------------------------------------------

How to Restore
Press restore in the menu. Reboot required.

If something fails, please send me your logcat.

So here it is: SpoofFw - requires ROOT and BusyBox

img.php

Online Market link

If you get problems to connect to Kies after you used this program, try remove the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Kies\DeviceDB"

Please let me now if it works out for you.

If you like my work, please consider a small donation.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 7,065
Last edited:

m4nolator

Dec 23, 2010
Córdoba
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and am very interested in your work, at the moment the file to "fool " Kies 2.0 has not worked for me. I have the version 2.2 of Android 9000XWJPB/I9000FOPJP3/I9000XXJPP/I9000XWJPB and product code FOP. Sorry for my english, i'm from Spain.

seaman5705

Aug 15, 2008
It does'nt entirely work. Tried and it shows me update available.
But when it supposed to start downloading new rom, it say that latest software is already installed in my phone.Then Kies resets and start over offering update again.
So, I guess it detects the real rom in the phone.
Nice patch, though. Maybe you can see what is the problem.
Thanks

upiwaly

Dec 12, 2010
Same here - I just posted in the "original" theme about kies registry patcher.
Kies finds update, and when i start upgrading, the phone disconnects, and then after 1s reconects back. I cannot upgrade.

LuffarJoh

May 10, 2007
oh crap. didnt try to actually download it. thought it would work. I'll have a look at it. sorry guys.

Reactions: AtMi

upiwaly

Dec 12, 2010
No panic:)
Obviously some can upgrade, some cannot. We are the first with this problem.
I have jpx. Could this cause problems?

LuffarJoh

May 10, 2007
Those of you who have tried the patch, can you please post your info from the registry and tell me if it worked or not. Include both product code, hidswver, softwarerevision and modelname.

seaman5705

Aug 15, 2008
For me, in the registry is still JPY everywhere, after apply patch.

PRODUCT code : GT-I9000HKDXEU
HIDSWVER: I9000XXJPY/I9000OXAJPY/I9000XXJPY/I9000XXJPY
Model Name:GT-I9000
Software Revision: I9000XXJPY/I9000OXAJPY/I9000XXJPY/I9000XXJPY

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2007
HTH....

Running Kies 2.0.0.11014_49

HIDSWVER I9000XXJPO/I9000OXAJPO/I9000XXJPP/I9000XXJPO

Product Code GT-I9000HKDTMU

Model Name GT-I9000

Doesn't work unfortunately - it offers me an upgrade, appears to download the file then gives the Disconnected error.

I've also tried manually editing the registry as per kies 1.5 but no more luck.

I've tried on 2 PCs too.

Reactions: paddyb

javanoyak

Feb 12, 2011
HIDSWVER: I9000BUJP7/I9000GVD2JP5/I9000BUJP5/I9000BUJP7 (SofwareRev is same)
FW: I9000BUJP7/I9000GVD2JP5(CSC)/I9000BUJP5(modem)
PCode: GT-I9000HKDVD2 (VD2)
Kies: v2.0.0.11014_49

I checked my registry but to no avail. Also tried deleting DeviceDB key to force kies into reconstructing it. It doesn't offer the fw upgrade option at all.

At least it's good to know someone is trying to develop a way to spoof kies 2.0. Did the patch work with any previous versions of kies 2.0?

Zajec5

Oct 31, 2010
I just got some another idea: could we try to hack ProductCode on device instead of on Kies side?

AFAIU ProductCode == CSC. I've googled we can change CSC in following ways:
1) *#272*HHMM# on Android 2.1 and older
2) *#272*IMEI# on Android 2.2 and newer
3) Opening preconfing with ADB
4) Editing /efs/nv_data.bin

Would it make Kies detecting different ProductCode?

There is still one more thing we have to consider: what if Kies detects our changed ProductCode but also firmware versions that were never released for given ProductCode?

LuffarJoh

May 10, 2007
I just got some another idea: could we try to hack ProductCode on device instead of on Kies side?

AFAIU ProductCode == CSC. I've googled we can change CSC in following ways:
1) *#272*HHMM# on Android 2.1 and older
2) *#272*IMEI# on Android 2.2 and newer
3) Opening preconfing with ADB
4) Editing /efs/nv_data.bin

Would it make Kies detecting different ProductCode?

There is still one more thing we have to consider: what if Kies detects our changed ProductCode but also firmware versions that were never released for given ProductCode?

I have thought about it too. But we still need to change the PDA and PHONE aswell. But I have not yet located where they are stored. My guess is it's hard coded somewhere. Still the drivers need to take it from somewhere, the question is where.

Zajec5

Oct 31, 2010
I have thought about it too. But we still need to change the PDA and PHONE aswell. But I have not yet located where they are stored. My guess is it's hard coded somewhere. Still the drivers need to take it from somewhere, the question is where.
There is something like
getBasebandVersion, but I can't track RILRequest, how is is reading RIL_REQUEST_BASEBAND_VERSION... That could show us some file with baseband version maybe.

LuffarJoh

May 10, 2007
I have had some progress.

I have managed to change all necessary codes in the phone to be able to spoof Kies. This time I passed the step that the patch didnt!

Unfortunately it's not that simple, it requires root and changes system properties. But it's all reversible. I think I'll try to make an app of it during next week. First is a final exam on Monday. :(

watch this space. :)

Reactions: AtMi

LuffarJoh

May 10, 2007
well, it's much more fun to develop android application then study for an exam :p

I have successfully switched from XEN to XEE and to DBT.

I'm almost done, just some more bug testing. I'll probably release it tonight :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A new approach!
    Spoof the firmware version on the device, to trick Kies2.0.

But as you might understand, messing with system files is always dangerous and the possibility for a brick is always present. Hopefully this will not occur :) I'm doing my best to avoid that.

You should not use this app if you cannot get into Recovery and/or Download mode! (3 button combo) As always when you modifies system files!

For everyones safety I would recommend doing a manual backup of /system/build.prop and the complete /efs folder including nv_data.bin

The app does this automatically to the internal SDCARD, but just to be on the safe side I would recommend a manual backup to the computer aswell.

There is three steps where a reboot is required after step 2. The app will tell you what to do.

Step1.
    Backup everything. If this fails, step2 is not available.

Step2.
    Set the new ProductCode and PDA. Reboot!

Step3.
    Set CSC and Phone. Do NOT reboot. Connect to Kies2.0 and update!
    This setting is not permanent and will go back to previous setting after reboot.
    Done!

-------------------------------------------------------------

How to Restore
    Press restore in the menu. Reboot required.

If something fails, please send me your logcat.

img.php

Online Market link

If you get problems to connect to Kies after you used this program, try remove the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Kies\DeviceDB"

If you like my work, please consider a small donation.
    well, it's much more fun to develop android application then study for an exam :p

I have successfully switched from XEN to XEE and to DBT.

I'm almost done, just some more bug testing. I'll probably release it tonight :)
    OMG!! IT Works!!! I am Updating Via kies!!
    See that you updated the app in market, now PDA Stays and kies is updating me!! hahah THANKS!!! Great JOB!!

Great to hear! :)
    It doesn't work. I've already asked where the ROM is decompressed to manually save it but nobody answered.

I think kies uses c:/users/<user>/appdata/roaming/samsung or something similar as temp folder. You should check there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
    The application is done! I just had to make sure that it's completely reverisble before releasing anything. I have now successfully changed from XEN to XEE and back to XEN.

There is two steps where a reboot is required between. The app will tell you what to do.

img.php

Direkt market link