No IMEI, BASEBAND, (GUIDE)

Search This thread

JAMIE1000UK

Feb 16, 2009
leicester uk
So... Tonught I was happily having a game on draw something with the mrs.. Then noticed a no entry looking sign where my signal was.. Took the sim out wiped it put it back in.. Same again.. Thort strange.. Must of crashed or something..

Anyways..

Did a factory reset. ( settings - privacy - factory reset)

This didnt work either nor did hard reset using the code..

Anyways.. Looked all over the internet and most forums said basically.. Warranty.. Send it back..
As i baught it second hand wasnt sure of wether i could so kept looking....

I then found this.. And my god it was a godsend. I was convinced my phone was dead..

If you have similar issues then follow this..

"Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 ( Baseband Unknown ) help!!!! 1 week, 3 days ago #5921 ABRAHAM

Droid Recruit

HEY GUYS , i've created an account here just to address this problem :
( only for SAMSUNG GALAXY SII )
Solution 100% solved and WOrking ( BY ME )

1st step , download any compatible android firmware available in your hands. ( if your phone isin't stuck in a boot loop , skip this step, or if u can use everything but GSM cellular network, or any other connection provided by your sim card provider )
2nd : root your mobile using this toolkit here's the link

www.ngopdul.com/en/androids/root-your-an...rooting-toolkit.html

3rd: step : search in the market for GSII_repair app ( needs root aka superuser access )
4rth step : repair your efs files using this app . ( it's obvious when u look at it )
5th step : search in the market for galaxy s unlock ( follow steps , easy ones )
6th step : ENJOY having your phone back from the dead

PS : this is addressed to all of the guys with the unsolved baseband issues ( unknown baseband)
no imei , imei sv wifi adddress , bluetooth address in a (unavailable) state , will 100 work , hope u enjoy , i blogged for the 1st time in my life to try to help out ppl :_) , try it and reply to me if it did work ( of course it's gonna work"

The 1st 2 steps got my phone working again..

Thanks goes to droid recruit for this!

Original thread:
www.androidmobile.co.nz/forum/8-tec...-s2--baseband-unknown--help?limit=10&start=10

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

OrrPenn18

Feb 18, 2011
Recovery Mode
I always get no IMEI, BASEBAND or anything in the status section when i connect my phone for charging and reboot ...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

JAMIE1000UK

Feb 16, 2009
leicester uk
As someone said make sure your busybox is installed correctly.

My phone was as stange as hell.. I set up a lock screen before it all happened.. For some reason after a factory reset.. my lock screen showed up. But for some reason o could draw any dots and it would unlock it..

Also i had no imei.. No baseband. No bluetooth.. Wifi would work. But anything tondo with my gsm sim care would not work..

When using GS11_repair.. Skip the first tab and goto the repair tab. Do everything in order on that page.. The unlock part i didnt do as my phones the unlockes debranded firmware so didnt need it. I only did the first 2 steps and magically everything just came right..

Hope this mini guide helps.

JAMIE1000UK

Feb 16, 2009
leicester uk
Apparently the problem is your nv_data file is corrupt. Which is in or around your efs folder which has all the information about your phone [imei baseband etc]

backing up and restoring your efs and deleting the old nv_data file fixes the problem for apparently 9/10 gs2's.

MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR EFS.. 2 FILES SHOULD BE BACKED UP IN THIS PROCEDURE. IF I WAS YOU.. UPLOAD THESE 2 VERY IMPORTANT FILES TO YOUR DROP BOX OR WHATEVER SO YOU ALWAYS HAVE THEM SHOULD YOU NEED THEM.

aceofclubs

Oct 5, 2011
This only works in few cases and you should not use gs_repair because it creates the efs filesystem with the incorrect parameters.
Word on the street is you know how to fix this problem better than anyone. Would love to know your secret :)

----------------------
GTI9100 KK5

JAMIE1000UK

Feb 16, 2009
leicester uk
Apparently theres other tools that do the same job. The info i posted was the only info i couls find when it happened to me so shared the info with anyone having the same issues.

I dont know what this software does. I didnt do all steps stated on GSII_Repair.. I backed up my efs then mounted it.. Didnt trust deleting anything and everthing was fine for me after a reboot. This was performed on GB stock 2.3.4rom

Actually did me a favour as was forced to root. Now running ICS so happy days lol

khans98

Dec 8, 2010
BEST METHOD AND EASIEST GO ON PLAYSTORE AND DOWNLOAD GS2 REPAIR AND FOLLOW ITS STEPS AND WITHIN TWO MINUTES UR FNE IS FIXED

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So... Tonught I was happily having a game on draw something with the mrs.. Then noticed a no entry looking sign where my signal was.. Took the sim out wiped it put it back in.. Same again.. Thort strange.. Must of crashed or something..

Anyways..

Did a factory reset. ( settings - privacy - factory reset)

This didnt work either nor did hard reset using the code..

Anyways.. Looked all over the internet and most forums said basically.. Warranty.. Send it back..
    As i baught it second hand wasnt sure of wether i could so kept looking....

I then found this.. And my god it was a godsend. I was convinced my phone was dead..

If you have similar issues then follow this..

"Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 ( Baseband Unknown ) help!!!! 1 week, 3 days ago #5921 ABRAHAM

Droid Recruit

HEY GUYS , i've created an account here just to address this problem :
    ( only for SAMSUNG GALAXY SII )
    Solution 100% solved and WOrking ( BY ME )

1st step , download any compatible android firmware available in your hands. ( if your phone isin't stuck in a boot loop , skip this step, or if u can use everything but GSM cellular network, or any other connection provided by your sim card provider )
    2nd : root your mobile using this toolkit here's the link

www.ngopdul.com/en/androids/root-your-an...rooting-toolkit.html

3rd: step : search in the market for GSII_repair app ( needs root aka superuser access )
    4rth step : repair your efs files using this app . ( it's obvious when u look at it )
    5th step : search in the market for galaxy s unlock ( follow steps , easy ones )
    6th step : ENJOY having your phone back from the dead

PS : this is addressed to all of the guys with the unsolved baseband issues ( unknown baseband)
    no imei , imei sv wifi adddress , bluetooth address in a (unavailable) state , will 100 work , hope u enjoy , i blogged for the 1st time in my life to try to help out ppl :_) , try it and reply to me if it did work ( of course it's gonna work"

The 1st 2 steps got my phone working again..

Thanks goes to droid recruit for this!

Original thread:
    www.androidmobile.co.nz/forum/8-tec...-s2--baseband-unknown--help?limit=10&start=10

This only works in few cases and you should not use gs_repair because it creates the efs filesystem with the incorrect parameters.
    See here for all your backing up and restoring needs. Everything EFS, and can also fix baseband and IMEI issues.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18524176

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    it happened to me .. but i flashed my radio over CWM ... and all work like a charm
    Can u share your radio please..

it was ... came with ICS ... but i don't remember what it is

but i downloaded it from here

http://veyka.co.uk/sgs2/radios/

Use this on your own responsibility