[ROM/MOD][The Family]Redemption v1.1-Alpha21r2 - 6/24/12

Search This thread

rivenas

Nov 14, 2008
Davie
geekselite.com
I know I have seen the answer but can't find it the fix for playstore saying device not compatible
With an app that previously was.
I have been searching but to be honest I have been working the last Quick question days strait 11 hour shifts and my brain and body are starting a mutiny ......

Not a noobe just tired. I hope ongoing to contribute more.

Thanks again

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

notobsessivejustcurious

Aug 25, 2011
No issues with anything running at 190 dpi?

Sent via the FBI van parked outside

I did say "not to shabby", but when you have to clear market to fix the compatibility issue, only use the clear market button in rom control, not the "manage apps".. But right now anything lower than 187, cause the phone not to work, that's it. From what I see.. I love 160, makes it looks like I have a note.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337556420486.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337556420486.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 167

joedeuce

Feb 14, 2008
NW Georgia
Google Pixel 6a
Alpha 11 up for testing.
http://bit.ly/redrom
I'll go ahead and paste link here since it'll prolly be in OP shortly. :)

Changes:
Fixed softkey backlight bug when in manual brightness mode (thanks existz)

A lot of apps updated.

Removed 2wcr functionality, mainly from moral concerns, although there were legal concerns too. (if you want to use it, simply flash a compatible kernel that has it enabled)
Edit: I just thought I had removed this. Apparently the module that is compiled with this enabled in kernel config isn't needed. Interesting.

Should be running on gpu full time now.

Added mx player

Enjoy!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

joedeuce

Feb 14, 2008
NW Georgia
Google Pixel 6a
Joe, do you need a full wipe and flash for testing?

Should be ok to just flash coming from 10.
The main change was the fix for softkeys, so I doubt anything else got fixed or broken, although softkey fix did break crt off animation. Thanks.

Sent from my Inspire 4G ghetto blaster aimed at the van parked outside

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
Do you have it set to give you more visibility on the screen like the screen shots shown in the app store?

That's part of what changing the DPI does. If you don't change the DPI then there is no point in using that app. You don't need an app to change the DPI, this app just "mods" a market apk by making it think you are still running at the stock 240 dpi instead of whatever you are really running it at. Even makes a backup of the original market so you can revert if you so choose.

*random*

oh and oooo on the button lights working...they look so strange lit up, it's been months lool

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

joedeuce

Feb 14, 2008
NW Georgia
Google Pixel 6a
Hey how do you extract it? I wanted to put it on my s2 because I love it on my inspire (which I just flashed with the newest build)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

hang on, got changed to jpg when I uploaded it

Get it from the following link, not the pic attached to the post.

http://db.tt/K3gqfrbY

There you go. :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337566475387.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337566475387.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
Is it wrong that I flashed the new alpha with only a cache/dalvik wipe and then felt guilty shortly after and then went back and did a full wipe?

*side note*
One odd thing did happen to me though after installing it the "right way" I did my usual deletion of all the things I find useless and then restart to make sure I didn't delete the wrong thing, but when I restarted it all came back! I did this about 3 times lol. Said screw it and deleting uselessness from the actual rom rar so they can't be installed in the first place...I just thought it was funny that they kept coming back after deleting via Titanium.

stuffinthesky

May 2, 2011
Moto G Play
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Is it wrong that I flashed the new alpha with only a cache/dalvik wipe and then felt guilty shortly after and then went back and did a full wipe?

*side note*
One odd thing did happen to me though after installing it the "right way" I did my usual deletion of all the things I find useless and then restart to make sure I didn't delete the wrong thing, but when I restarted it all came back! I did this about 3 times lol. Said screw it and deleting uselessness from the actual rom rar so they can't be installed in the first place...I just thought it was funny that they kept coming back after deleting via Titanium.

Not sure I could flash without a full wipe. Haha For real tho, I've not used TB to delete an app. Always used ES.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
Not sure I could flash without a full wipe. Haha For real tho, I've not used TB to delete an app. Always used ES.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

I use it after ever flash, today was the first time things I deleted ever came back. I haven't used ES but TB is nice b/c I can do batch uninstalls instead of having to click confirm on the 35-40 things I delete.

Reactions: papanut

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thefam.png
    alliancesig.png

The Family / AllianceUSA Proudly Presents:
    Redemption
    For Inspire 4G or Desire HD

*DISCLAIMER*
    You do this knowing all risks involved with flashing a ROM.
    Neither I nor any member of The Family is responsible for any permanent damage.
    This is considered an Alpha release so please treat it like an Alpha and expect bugs and some things not to work properly.

redemptionshowcase.png

*Read This Entire Post Completely Then Read it Again*

[/CENTER]

NOT WORKING:
    -Full video playback may still have glitches but much improved
    -Stock Camera will not record video - use included Abso Cam or other aftermarket camera app and don't ask for fixes
    -Text will occasionally become garbled restart the app, launcher, or phone to correct
    -Phone will very occasionally reboot
    -Other minor bugs

*WARNING*

-Do not ask for support or complain that something doesn't work because YOU flash someone else's kernel.
    -Do not ask for support or complain that something doesn't work because YOU restore apps and/or data and/or system settings from Titanium Backup or Mybackup etc.
    -Do Not ask for ETA on the next release
    -Do Not ask for help if you didn't full wipe before coming from a different rom!
    -Do Not Flame other users in my thread! Read the Rules
    -Please do not post bug reports unless you are specifically asked by a member of our team to test something and report back. We know some things aren't fully functioning.
    -Do not ask for features unless I post a question asking what features people would like. (which will be seldom)
    -Enjoy the rom and remember it is ALPHA Quality and sure to contain bugs

All credits goes to LorDClockan, dh.harald, twistedumbrella, existz, CM crew, Evervolv, synergye, AOKP team, flappjaxxx, and all others that have contributed to this extension of our community!​

What is it you ask?
    -A Serious Work in Progress!
    -This is compiled from from source from the latest Ice Cold Sandwich by LorDClockan
    -Tools app with OTA features
    -ROM Control for even more tweaks
    -Custom Camera Launcher that launches Angel Camera for stills and VideoCam Illusion for Videos
    (You need a player like Rock Player Lite or MXPlayer to Play the Videos)
    -OTA updates.
    -Andrev OC built in with CPU Tweak for custom Sleep/Wake Profiles
    -Custom Preset CPU OC profiles and preset UV settings
    -Latest Gapps for ICS and libs
    -WiFix Manager for those having trouble with WiFi
    -ES File Manager
    -Titanium Backup
    -QuickPic
    -Ram Manager free- Lock launcher in memory for smoother performance
    -Palringo chat app - team chat room is: theandroidcollective (black theme by Trevino07)
    -Tons of Features in Collective Tools in the Settings Menu
    -Ability to download and install Nova Launcher and Trebouchet Launcher along side the default launcher.
    -Again Please keep in mind that this is an Alpha Release. It is very stable for every day use but will contain bugs

Download Redemption
    Changelogs can be found in Goo Manager!

Redemption Q&A

How To:
    1. Back Up your Stuff.
    2. Wipe Data/ Factory Reset
    3. Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    4. Flash .zip in recovery
    5. Allow full first boot, reboot
    6. Sign in to Market to add account.
    7. Open Redemption Tools from Settings Menu and make it your own.
    8. Rate the thread and hit some "Thanks" buttons!

Custom OC Profiles & Undervolt Settings:
    Sloth - Sleep = conservative 122/122 + Wake = ondemand 122/921
    flappjaxxx - Sleep = conservative 122/122 + Wake = ondemand 122/1152
    rasroy - Sleep = conservative 122/384 + Wake = ondemandX 122/1382
    Nun - Sleep = conservative 230/384 + Wake = ondemand 230/1228
    Lone Star - Sleep = conservative 122/122 + Wake = ondemandX 230/1305

In the CPU Tab hit your Menu button and you will see CPU Tweak.
    CPU Tweak is exactly that, it will allow you to fully customize your Sleep and Wake Governors and Clock Speeds.
    *Warning* Do be careful with this as using incorrect settings may have ill effects.
    Do not use these setting unless you know what you are doing.

Undervolting:
    Lite Undervolt = -25mV
    Standard Undervolt = -50mV
    Aggressive Undervolt = -75mV

IceOverlay by alienmind
    This ROM supports overlay script during flash
    Usage:
    put all your apps, scripts, etc what you want to install during rom flash in: sdcard/overlay/xxx
    xxx is for:
    system/app for applications
    system/etc/init.d for scripts
    etc

Credits and Thanks (in no particular order)
    rasroygbiv
    flappjaxxx
    Zelendel
    LorDClockan
    dh.harald
    twistedumbrella
    existz
    CM crew
    Evervolv
    synergye
    AOKP team
    Nunhugger
    Trevino07
    alienmind
    killersloth
    ashies7
    cwhitney24
    Gio22
    Tx Redneck
    mrhaley30705
    Pick A Name
    studacris
    JoeDV
    Sybregunne - For giving us Andrev OC and Daemon Controller
    AngelDeath - For awesome GPS work
    crypted- For awesome GPS Work
    The Family of course!
    Let me know if I forgot anyone!
    The XDA community as a whole!

Donations to the Cause: socalrocker, kimtyson, Zole2112, and a mystery person that didn't pm me their username,... if I forgot you, please let me know!

Extra thanks to Pick_A_Name for furnishing a build machine!!!
    http://64.251.22.101/icanhaznewred/

Nothing new yet. Gonna try to get them all copied back to goo soon.

Thanks Roy and Chris for letting folks know.

There is little to no development on ics. Cm7 is still adding things here and there, but nothing major. Aokp has completely abandoned ics it would appear. If any advancements come that would benefit red, then they will be included. If nothing comes along, then you'll have to keep using the version you have. :) if you can't live without flashing something new, then you may have an addiction and need to seek counseling. :p

Hey Everyone JoeDV has asked me to post this in all of The Collective Threads

While things settle down and we take a short breather, i wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all their kind words. I would love to thank all of you individually, but that could take days. This is easily the toughest moment of my life, but reading your messages certainly helps to let me stop for a moment and realize how many lives my sweet baby girl had touched.

Tomorrow we begin the viewings, with the funeral occurring on Monday. I'm not quite sure how I'll get through it, but know i have to.
    I thank you all once again from my entire family, and on behalf of Emily who i know would have the biggest smile if she saw all the post there were for her.
    Much love and respect to the DV family.
    Hi just a couple questions:

1 Does the camera work without glitches?
    2 How soon do you expect the next release to come out?
    3 Will you help me troubleshoot if I don't do a full wipe?
    4 Will it cause problems if I restore system data?
    5 Do you like bacon?

ps. j/k

1 Not always
    2 NEVAR
    3 Absotivelyposolutey NOT!
    4 It's ALWYAS possible
    5 Does a bear defecate in the woods?

Oh yeah? It is now hu. THANK YOU FOR PLACING THAT GIANT SCREENSHOT there after i asked about it. Im sure i took the blow for someone else who might have asked for it.

Oh yeah and by the way, if your gonna flame me with a giant screenshot of the md5... USE THE RIGHT ONE FOR THE BUILD! lol

Be gone...

Sorry....... I will keep my remarks to myself.

As you should

+1

I got your 10 char right here

Rocking Abso bacon...ics style

+eleventybillion!

YESSSSS!!!!!
    Oh yeah? It is now hu. THANK YOU FOR PLACING THAT GIANT SCREENSHOT there after i asked about it. Im sure i took the blow for someone else who might have asked for it.

Oh yeah and by the way, if your gonna flame me with a giant screenshot of the md5... USE THE RIGHT ONE FOR THE BUILD! lol

I will just say it...

Please go flash another ROM.