Failing to Flash back to Stock

Search This thread

Murtaje

Mar 12, 2014
Hello Guys,

Model SPH-L720

Okay so I have been having nothing but issues with my AOKP roms I installed on my S4, I have no sound anymore phone calls dont work the phone constantly freezes and restarts.. nothing works.

I have been attempting to flash back to an Original Rom I have tried every ROM in Rwilco12's repo, nothing is working every time I attempt to flash it does this.

ODIN

<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003>
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Android Device

START [224,1440]
SW REV. CHECK FAIL : fused : 4 , Binary : 1

UPDATE:

- First issue I had when attempting to flash back to stock, I couldn't via ODIN on Windows without this issue.

START [224,1440]
- Second issue After I was able to flash the phone via ODIN Mobile I still had sound issues, I believe as daniel4653 stated you cant roll backwards I remember the last update before I flashed I was running 4.3 so I am guessing I was attempting to flash the device to Older Stock roms.

START [224,1440]
For that error when you are trying to flash via ODIN, I am guessing that only happens when you try to flash the phone to an older Stock ROM than it previously was running.
Try downloading one of the latest Stock ROMs and attempt to flash that, that should fix that error.

If the errors continue follow the instructions on Rwilco12's Repo and for flashing via Mobile ODIN, then reflash a custom recovery like TWRP after that is complete.
Reformat everything /data /system /dalvik etc... everything.
Then attempt to flash it again via Odin on Windows, and it should work that's exactly what I did.

What can also be done.. you can always download the modem separate via Rwilco12's Repo HERE and after flashing via Mobile ODIN, just flash this via ODIN on Windows and then you wouldn't have to reformat everything and reflash as stated above just for the modem to work, flashing the Stock ROM via Mobile ODIN doesn't flash the Modem so its required to be done manually typically. However if you are experiencing the sound issues like I was.. I would recommend following the instructions above and ignore this section.

Links
TWRP / Rwilco12's Repository

Last edited:

ymf331

Jan 5, 2014
i've had problems with aokp also. the freezing i can't help with. had problems before kit kat and even worse after. i tried fixing it myself. the phone calls are your mobile network settings if i'm not mistaken. check my recent question here if a stock mk2 rom will help. otherwise, a different aosp rom wouldn't normally have those problems.

edit: also the most common advice for people who have trouble with odin are 1) try different usb ports and 2) try different versions of odin

Last edited:

Murtaje

Mar 12, 2014
i've had problems with aokp also. the freezing i can't help with. had problems before kit kat and even worse after. i tried fixing it myself. the phone calls are your mobile network settings if i'm not mistaken. check my recent question here if a stock mk2 rom will help. otherwise, a different aosp rom wouldn't normally have those problems.

Yeah man, the network settings are fine its just anytime I go to take a phone call or make one it crashes, plus I have no sound at all. I just want to go back to stock I can't stand these bugs even the milestones are full of bugs and are very unstable. I really just want to go stock again.

ymf331

Jan 5, 2014
yeah the aokp roms caused me much trouble also like i said. if you're sure but i've had almost exactly the same problems and aokp came with jacked up network settings for me is all. BUT somebody gave me a link to an mk2 rom in my last thread i posted. maybe that d/l will fix your problems. the aforementioned two most common issues in the previous edit are the ones i've noticed for odin. i'm sorry if it's not helpful i'm just giving you options to consider.

Last edited:

Murtaje

Mar 12, 2014
yeah the aokp roms caused me much trouble also like i said. if you're sure but i've had almost exactly the same problems and aokp came with jacked up network settings for me is all. somebody gave me a link to an mk2 rom in my last threat i posted. those are the two most common issues i've ever noticed for odin. i'm sorry if it's not helpful i'm just giving you options to consider.

I have been googling the hell out of SW REV. CHECK FAIL : fused : 4 , Binary : 1 and all I ever find is SW REV. CHECK FAIL : fused : 2 , Binary : 1

Does anyone know why I cant flash back to stock? :(

ymf331

Jan 5, 2014
yeah googling the lines you think will help almost never yield results.

1) try different usb ports

2) try different versions of odin

3) try different rom

you didn't have time to do these things since i posted. please try it and i'm sorry if it doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

also you didn't have time to look or download the mk5 stock rom i told you about. i feel like my help is being looked over. at least try the stuff. here is the link. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2601443

Murtaje

Mar 12, 2014

3) try different rom

you didn't have time to do these things since i posted. please try it and i'm sorry if it doesn't work.

I have tried 3 computers 6 different usb ports 3 different usb cables.
I have tried Odin 1.8 and Odin 3.09 along with multiple Odin One Clicks and they all give same response.
I have tried every Stock Rom on Rwilco12's Repo all come back with the same exact error.

ymf331

Jan 5, 2014
i'm sorry, but i think i gave every piece of advice that anyone else will. good luck and i hope you get it figured out.

Murtaje

Mar 12, 2014
Does anyone know of any stable ROMs that wont crash every 3 seconds? I have tried AOKP's Milestones and I have no working sound with them cant hear phone calls or music or any notifications and phone calls do not work with them. Any ROMs that don't have those issues or how I can fix this issue so I can flash back to stock would be greatly appreciated!

ymf331

Jan 5, 2014
cyanogenmod is good, and pac is my favorite from a while back. i can't vouch for the newer aosp roms that have come out. but those won't have the problems you mentioned. man i'm sorry but like i said, if you don't have a backup the steps are install stock rom, install odin, use odin to flash stock rom. the only help i've ever seen is what i already told you. i hope somebody can come and tell you exactly which step was wrong.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

if you want something fancy though and that's why you're trying to mod your phone, you'd be better off going touchwiz i think.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

or if your 32 hours is a big deal then you could always stomp your sgs4 and go buy an iphone.

Murtaje

Mar 12, 2014

3) try different rom

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

also you didn't have time to look or download the mk5 stock rom i told you about. i feel like my help is being looked over. at least try the stuff. here is the link. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2601443

Thanks for your help, I am going to try and install it from Mobile Odin instead see if that works.

ymf331

Jan 5, 2014
crap, another common problem i can think of is make sure you're running odin in admin mode.

ymf331

Jan 5, 2014
i've set up my windows the same way. it doesn't mean that there's no option when you right click to run as admin. i just used the exact file i specified and ran as admin and i flashed the file i linked to in odin. i'm trying to do the same thing.

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
I have it set in compatibility mode to always run as Admin, thanks though.
About to attempt the Odin Mobile Flash. I will post back with the results.

Were you on MK2 or NAE before? If so that would explain why Odin isn't working for you. The last tar on rwilco depository is MJA. And you can't go backwards. From 4.4.2 to 4.3 or 4.3 to 4.2

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ymf331

Jan 5, 2014
i am having trouble but the file may not have come with the kernel so i'm trying to troubleshoot and fix and i'll tell you how once you get to this point. i'm doing exactly what you're doing from 4.4.2 cyanogenmod.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

ok i halfway expected this, but i'm getting stuck at the boot screen. so now since i'm coming from 4.4.2 cm firmware i download koontzes 4.3 kernel and i'm going to try that.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

alright got it fixed. i just had to find ktoonzes touchwiz 4.3 kernel and install it via the stock recovery after i odined the stock mk2 firmware and now i'm here at the startup screen. i've probably done things to my phone that i might regret but that's how it goes when you screw around with expensive toys. aaand i'm pretty sure it did an ota the second i started it up.

i risked breaking my phone trying but i installed mk2 stock and got it working so i know you can too.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

funny thing though considering your first reply. my default background after i unrooted was the aokp one i used to like that was stored.

Last edited:

Murtaje

Mar 12, 2014
Were you on MK2 or NAE before? If so that would explain why Odin isn't working for you. The last tar on rwilco depository is MJA. And you can't go backwards. From 4.4.2 to 4.3 or 4.3 to 4.2

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I have no idea which one I was on, how do I figure that out? All I know is Its SPH-L720 I just bought it in November.
However the Mobile Odin flash was Successful but I am still running without sound so no music or phone calls or notifications just vibration, and also as they said modem wouldn't flash and so I am without wifi also..
This is the ROM I just used http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.p...PH-L720)/Stock ROMs/MF9/Full Restore/Unrooted.
I am going to attempt to flash through Odin using MJA, I will post back with the results.

Last edited:

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Someone else on here said they had to flash the corresponding modern before they flashed the stock tar first. Don't know why that fixed things for then but just figured I'd throw that in here.

At this point why not try the NAE file in Odin? The one that Random has posted doesn't wipe your data.

Hey I know you've been trying different things so if you've tried these then my bad just throwing ideas out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

BTW grab " Samsung phone info" app from play store that will show you what your bootloader is along with everything else. Its free and very small

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk