[Q] Phone is not connecting to wifi, what do i do ?

Search This thread
Dec 14, 2013
I'm using a nexus 5, running stock rom and Franco kernel. I've noticed that my phone just doesn't seem to find wifi networks. It automatically connects to few known networks, but when I try to connect to new networks, my phone refuses to find the network. I know the network is discoverable since my laptop and other devices connect to it. Is there anything I could do to prevent it from happening?? I tried wiping cache but nothing happened.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I'm using a nexus 5, running stock rom and Franco kernel. I've noticed that my phone just doesn't seem to find wifi networks. It automatically connects to few known networks, but when I try to connect to new networks, my phone refuses to find the network. I know the network is discoverable since my laptop and other devices connect to it. Is there anything I could do to prevent it from happening?? I tried wiping cache but nothing happened.

Try flashing the stock kernel (boot.img) in fastboot and see if it works then or reboot the modem/router first. If it does its probably a kernel issue. Have you looked in the Franco kernel thread if other users have the wifi issue too.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2013
I tried using the stock kernel, the situation remained the same. Shall I re flash stock (factory reset) and try again??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app