Downgrading bootloader

Search This thread

Steven1962

Jan 30, 2012
Hi,

I am on the latest stock NG1 Rom after upgrading with Mobile Odin Pro from NB7 which I had successfully rooted with Towelroot. Since MOP doesn't flash bootloaders I am still on the old NB7 bootloader and so far I am fine and don't have any issues. But I have 2 questions.
First, is it better to subsequently flash the new bootloader with Odin each time I upgrade my firmware with MOP and everroot? Are there any benefits to that?
And secondly: if I upgrade my old NB7 bootloader to NG1 now and later - if I get softbricked or smth - downgrade again to NB7 with Odin to reroot the phone with Towelroo,t will I trigger Knox because of downgrading the bootloader?
Thanks very much in abvance.

Steven1962

Jan 30, 2012
Its not possible to downgrade your bootloader. End of conversation.

Which means that if I upgrade the bootloader to NG1 and then try to flash with Odin the NB7 firmware with the old bootloader I simply won't be able to boot or get bricked?
Or maybe I can reflash the old NB7 firmware and then (without auto start option in Odin) flash the new bootloader right away to get the phone running?

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
For example: if you were on Android V4.3 you will be on the Jelly Bean bootloader. If you then updated to Android V4.4 your Jelly Bean bootloader will be updated to the KK bootloader. However, you can still run Jelly Bean on the KK bootloader. But you cannot downgrade the KK bootloader to the older Jelly Bean bootloader.