[Q] No Thank-Button

Search This thread

Laurenz0908

Jan 1, 2011
Hi there!

My Problem is that I can not see the Thank-Button. I know it disappears when I've made 5 "thanks" one a day, but until now I haven't made one.
Ich would really like to thank Darky for his great ROM.

Greets from Austria

Laurenz

Edit: I'm using Chromium ( the open source version of Google Chrome) under Ubuntu (Linux)

Last edited:

Infoport

Aug 22, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I'm glad that I finally found this post-- I have been lurking, and really wondered why everyone but me could see the Thank button
(The Emperor's New Button?)

with the new forum changes, I better stop lurking, as I am mostly in the development sections and wont be able to post there until after 10 posts. :-(

William

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
I'm glad that I finally found this post-- I have been lurking, and really wondered why everyone but me could see the Thank button
(The Emperor's New Button?)

with the new forum changes, I better stop lurking, as I am mostly in the development sections and wont be able to post there until after 10 posts. :-(

William

You would be fine anyway as you registered before the change was made.

Zenirax

Jan 10, 2011
The thank you and no thank you, it does not look like like like like on facebook and I like it.

NanaSarah

Jul 30, 2010
Pittsbugh, PA area
but, does the Thank button go away after x days?

I wanted to thank lopez1_de for TouchWatch2, but the thread started in 2009 and the only posts with thank buttons are the two most recent from Oct 2010 by other members, not lopez1_de.

So does the button go away on old posts or am I missing something? I'm using the current version of Firefox, and haven't got a clue whether I'm using the XDA 2010 template, what it is or where to find it.

Reactions: qetuR

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I wanted to thank lopez1_de for TouchWatch2, but the thread started in 2009 and the only posts with thank buttons are the two most recent from Oct 2010 by other members, not lopez1_de.

So does the button go away on old posts or am I missing something? I'm using the current version of Firefox, and haven't got a clue whether I'm using the XDA 2010 template, what it is or where to find it.

I've noticed this. I assume that the thanks button is only there for posts made since it became available.

Reactions: qetuR

babybirdhome

Feb 3, 2011
And add me to the list! Since I can't thank anyone until I've made one post, thanks for posting this thread with the answer to my question about the lack of a thank button.

Jengle

Feb 13, 2011
No thanks in the android XDA app that I can find. Used it in the web version.

But thanks for the info about the limits, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure you are using the XDA 2010 template. Also, you won't get a Thanks button until you've made 1 post.
    Hi there!

My Problem is that I can not see the Thank-Button. I know it disappears when I've made 5 "thanks" one a day, but until now I haven't made one.
    Ich would really like to thank Darky for his great ROM.

Greets from Austria

Laurenz

Edit: I'm using Chromium ( the open source version of Google Chrome) under Ubuntu (Linux)
    On addition this above info you have only 5 thanks per day
    Also, you won't get a Thanks button until you've made 1 post.
    Well, that explains that. I'll just make my first post here, so I can start thanking those who have helped me...including you.
    Ah! That hadn't even occurred to me. (Comes from being a relative newbie.)

Thanks, johncmolyneux.
    I need to track down an explanation of the Thanks button. There must have been one posted when it was started.