Microsoft Voice Command not working in WM 6.1

Search This thread

MELPHBOY

Jan 22, 2007
I has flashed several of the new WM 6.1 rom and install the most recent ver. of Microsoft Voice Command and it is creating a serious bug. After, install M$ VC I try to use setting for program underthe start menu the phone locks up. Does anyone have an ideal what can be causing the problem or a fix for this bug. I have done a lot of searching with no luck on this issue.

zakhir_n

Oct 20, 2006
Same problem...

I only tried one WM6.1 ROM, but was having the same problem. I did have an older version of voice command that didn't produce this problem (not sure of the version number), but when I tried 1.6.1.17913, which is the only version where incoming call announcements work, my phone would crash in the settings menu.

Haven't been able to find a solution either...

aquanaut88

Aug 19, 2006
somewhere in the pacific
HTC TyTN II
Sony HBH-DS970 wireless headphones

MSVC v1.60.4622.0 works on all three 6.1 ROMs including 3.02, 3.03, and 3.08. These were installed using radios 1.58.26 and 1.64.08.21. I'm now using Sleuth's 3.02 and radio 1.64.08.21.

Installation was as simple as loading direct over AS from an XP machine using the program purchased from Handango. Aside from removing sddaemon from the /windows/startup directory, no other registry tweaks or modifications necessary.

It will ring and pickup call on headphones. It will not identify incoming callers or email. To make these work, you must follow these instructions:

1)> Install v1.6 from Handango.

2). Hack Registry
A. Delete SDDaemon.lnk shortcut in the \Windows\Startup folder.
B. Clearing out the traces of Voice Speed Dial In these registry locations:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Shell \ Extensions \ ContextMenus \ Contacts \ Main_ContextMenu
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Shell \ Extensions \ ContextMenus \ Contacts \ Main_Tools
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Shell \ Extensions \ ContextMenus \ Contacts \ Summary_Tools
----> Remove this key entirely: {2C0E9904-F32D-4f53-875F-479F5CA81E18}

C. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ ControlPanel Remove this key entirely: VoiceTagCPL

D. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ OEM \ VoiceCommand Change this value: Path = \Program Files\Voice Command\VoiceCmd.exe

3). Soft Reset
4). Then installed newer version of VC then what Handango gives out.
5). Then I copied the files from the zip voicecommandreplacementfiles.zip (search forum).
6). Soft Reset.

To activate incoming callers, email announcements etc adjust settings in control panel, voice command, and then set according to your preference.

Cheers

passionettez

Jul 8, 2007
California
I am a n00b to the fullest. I have the tmobile wing with Windows 6.1. Voice Command does not work at all. I had bought voice2go when I had an MDA and the voice2go worked fine. It is not compatiable with 6.1.

I tried to search fot Alex beta 2 6.1 butwas not able to find it...

I'm using Alex Beta 2 6.1 and it works for me fine.

centkentino42

Sep 13, 2010
sony ericsson x1 6.1.. mess up my phone

hey guys please is there any one who can tell me where and how to get ...windows 6.1 on my x1..coz i install some application that currupt the ROM...
HELP PLEASE...:confused: