UPDATED - Audiopara.csv for 3.XX ROM, now with cab install

Search This thread

Scrufdog

Oct 7, 2007
Rosedale, MD
THIS IS FOR THE 3.XX GPS ROMS ONLY.

SEE UPDATE BELOW

This will not work with the older 2.XX ROMs, the files are different between the ROMs and using the wrong one may make your phone SILENT.

This file is designed to increase the volume of the phone. It increases the ear piece speaker, speakerphone speaker, and headphone/handsfree speaker levels.

The ear piece and speakerphone speakers start at the factory Sprint level for low, but get louder in greater steps. The loudest was near the edge of distortion when I called my voicemail.

The headphone/handsfree level has been increased by about 15%, no where near as much as the first 2, but its headphones, so I'm not jacking it up that much.

To install....

1. Download audiopara.csv.txt
2. Rename to audiopara.csv (meaning you get rid of the .txt part)
3. Backup audiopara.csv from your Windows directory of your phone.
4. Copy into the Windows directory of your phone, overwriting the original.
5. Soft reset. Yes you need to soft reset.

Disclaimer : I am not responsible if you break your phone or go deaf. This is not a hard thing to do, read the directions twice. Also be careful when using initially as the volume is louder than it was when you got the phone.

Anyone may feel free to use this file in a custom ROM or whatever, jsut put my name in there, if you would. :D

Thanks to mswlogo for figuring out how to do this in the older ROMs.

Glad I could finally give back to the community that has helped me out so much. Enjoy.

FILE: http://www.scrufdog.com/AudioPara.csv.txt Right Click, Save Target As...

If someone wants to do a mirror thing go for it.

UPDATED

UPDATE: NOW WITH CAB FILE
I've also added the original since people arent backing up.

Here's the new and improved way to install. This zip file has my original .csv file in it AND now comes with a .cab file for easy install, without overwriting and copying and such.

Instructions are the same for the csv file.

Instructions for the cab are fairly simple.

1. Copy cab to phone.
2. Run cab, install to Device.
3. When done, soft reset.
4. Enjoy loudness.

Enjoy.

Let me know if there are problems.

Attachments

• AudioPara.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 4,480
Last edited:

Scrufdog

Oct 7, 2007
Rosedale, MD
in case anyone was trying to download this early yesterday and such and got a broken link, the server its on has been back up. Dont know what happened, but all is good now.

c@rL0$

Dec 7, 2007
Santa Ana
Hey bro thanks for this new audiopara file. I can finally use the speakerphone with out having to be ashamed of the low volume. :rolleyes: .Thanks :cool:

Scrufdog

Oct 7, 2007
Rosedale, MD
What are the downsides of this? there has to be something if they made it that low right? Or not...

the only downside i can think of would be that your speaker will only last 5 years instead of 6, and thats only if you run the things at full blast ALLLLLL day long, and even then, I stopped at what my phone was playing distorted, and distortion is what kills speakers, not just loudness.

This file has been modded and used in the past, and no problems ever arose. It's the first thing I do when I reflash a ROM.

chrisnosleep

Jan 16, 2008
Wichita, Kansas
Great Job!

I didn't have the old hack (moderate-fix-low-volume-issues-audiopara.csv_coarse_ear_extended_speaker.txt) installed very long before the 3.16 update came out, but with this new one, it seems louder. With the old hack, I still had to put the volume at max and strain slightly to hear. With this one, I have the volume at the notch below max and is plenty loud. In fact, I can hold the phone away from my ear and still hear fine. Nice work! :D:D

JY1

Dec 1, 2007
Thanks!

Cuddo's man, I did the rom upgrade and had no sound at all. I was running the previous coarse tweaked audiopara and it sure didn't work with the new Rom. I wonder what else does not work. Now if I can just get rid of the one unresolved item under activesync notes I'd be happy.....

Scrufdog

Oct 7, 2007
Rosedale, MD
lets see...

1. Its one less icon floating around (no big deal for most people I suppose).
2. I've been told its louder than no2chem's loudest setting.
3. no2chem's kets you adjust parts of the file that dont actually do anything, and I found that one of them will crash your phone if you even try to adjust it, WinCE_Sys I think it was.

He does good work. I made this one awhile ago and most that use it like that it is apparently the loudest one out there (while keeping the same low volume setting), and that its a one time thing, with no program to mess with.

Scrufdog

Oct 7, 2007
Rosedale, MD
anyone here use this on a Verizon phone? If so what ROM are you using. I've been helping someone with a Verizon phone that installed this and lost all sound.

Keystone

Nov 3, 2007
Victoria, BC
Thanks Scruffdog, I'll OEM the CAB to give people the option of this file or the unmodified audiopara in my kitchen. nueAudio is already a choice but if the settings are just right, how often would one need No2Chem's app?

and here it is:

Last edited:

Keystone

Nov 3, 2007
Victoria, BC
I removed your audiopara, as with DCD's, it broke the profile in SPB PhoneSuite and caused the odd lock-up. I'm guessing that it's only for WM 6.1 and not the 6.0 build such as the SPrint release.

RevSand

Feb 1, 2008
Thanks...

Works on my VZX6800 with SPB suite installed on the newest DCD rom...

its almost too loud if anything.. For normal listening I have it on the lowest...

Scrufdog

Oct 7, 2007
Rosedale, MD
I removed your audiopara, as with DCD's, it broke the profile in SPB PhoneSuite and caused the odd lock-up. I'm guessing that it's only for WM 6.1 and not the 6.0 build such as the SPrint release.

that sucks, I was under the impression that it was 'per radio' not 'per OS'.

Send me one for WM6.0 and I'll take a look at it and compare the 2.

Scrufdog

Oct 7, 2007
Rosedale, MD

I downloaded your kitchen and took out the WM6.0 audiopara.csv. It's the exact same thing as mine, except for the volume bumps I did. All the rest of the settings a the same.

Can you describe the problem you were having a little more maybe? Did my file make things louder before the lock-up, or could you even get far enough to tell?