SanDisk 16GB Micro SD (SDHC) Card - Class 4

Search This thread

smuook

Oct 27, 2007
Jax, Florida
Seems they might have arrived... anyone buy one of these puppies yet?

12095_1204327115.jpg

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/SanDisk/SanDisk-16GB-Micro-SD-(SDHC)-Card---Class-4

Edit:

NVM... when you hit buy it says this:

"Sorry, SanDisk 16GB Micro SD (SDHC) Card - Class 4 is out of stock.

If you would like to be informed when new stock arrives, please enter your details below."

I've entered my data and I'm awaiting arrival... will post. Good to see a price though...

59.99 pounds or 117.17 USD

Last edited:

t-long20

Jun 27, 2008
There is no doubt those things are going to sell like hot cakes when they first come out.

jamorgan2008

Apr 19, 2008
Modesto
Want One

I def want one, but at more than twice the cost of an 8 GB micro sdhc its not a good investment ATM, if it was on the market.

NetSkipper

Jan 21, 2008
Interstella 5555
israpda.com
My 8 gigs SanDisk is still half empty.
I think I'll wait for lower prices and the programmers will release better drivers, so I could watch unconverted movies. Then it would be worth buying.

BTW, did anyone used/using MegaSim? SimCard with 1 or 2 gigs capacity?

Braveheart1980

Sep 5, 2008
Marousi
I know I am digging up a "dead" thread , but does anyone today have any idea on where to find a 16 gb class 4 micro sd card

Is it really THAT better than class 2?

acehole

Nov 4, 2006
Chicago NW suburbs
I searched 2 weeks ago and nothing

I know I am digging up a "dead" thread , but does anyone today have any idea on where to find a 16 gb class 4 micro sd card

Is it really THAT better than class 2?

I ended up replacing my 8 gb class 2 with an 8 gb class 6
Yes faster, depending on what you use it for.
the phone cares a little, my music is the biggest use for the card, swapping out music and books makes it ok, just waiting to get a new phone, I would say no biggie on the 16 gb class 2 just for the size.
I wouldn't swap so much if I went bigger, but sometime I want to copy stuff on and off, it helps for that.
Amazon.com was ok on price and ebay if check the seller feedback.

I did not see a class 4 anywhere, for 16 gb, good luck, picture may show it but the print does not. read the fine print.

cproaudio

Oct 28, 2007
Sandisk 16GB MicroSD class 4 is their ultra series. It is supposed be released by now. According to Sandick reps at CES They have a tradition of releasing the regular line in 3rd quarter of each year and the ultra version after CES. 8GB came out in 3rd Q 07, 8GB class 6 came out 1st Q 08, 16GB class 2 came out 3rd Q 08. When I asked about the 32GB MicroSD he didnt gave me date just repeated the above statement. I'm expecting a 32GB MicroSD sometime in September or October of 09 and a class 4 or 6 sometime early 2010.

As for speed, the Sandisk class 2 16GB microsd goes, read is about the same as class 4 8GB microsd maybe faster. Write speed is about 10% slower than then the class 4 8GB microsd. I transfered 7.5GB to 8GB class 4 Sandisk microsd and it took 23 minutes. Same data transferred to the 16GB class 2 microsd took 25 minutes 30 sec. Read speed - transfering 7.5GB from the 8GB class 4 took 13 minutes while the 16GB class 2 took 12 minutes 31 sec.

rcpaclebar

Feb 15, 2009
I think I'll wait for the smoke to clear and the prices to drop before I get one. My 8G is not even half full but with all the cool stuff on this site I have a feeling it'll be full soon enough.:D

Ramsfan_Jim

May 7, 2008
Leicestershire
Seems they might have arrived... anyone buy one of these puppies yet?

12095_1204327115.jpg

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/SanDisk/SanDisk-16GB-Micro-SD-(SDHC)-Card---Class-4

Edit:

NVM... when you hit buy it says this:

"Sorry, SanDisk 16GB Micro SD (SDHC) Card - Class 4 is out of stock.

If you would like to be informed when new stock arrives, please enter your details below."

I've entered my data and I'm awaiting arrival... will post. Good to see a price though...

59.99 pounds or 117.17 USD

It's a lie - again. I have now bought 2 16Gb micro-SD cards from My Memory, both claiming to be class 4 - even in the description in one case, and after me emailing and specifically asking.
I don't understand why they do this - it will only cost them in postage and charges associated with refunding my money.
:mad:

mbernstein

May 8, 2006
I've been using my 16GB Class2 for four months from a 6GB class 4. No difference in daily usage at all. May make difference with copying files from PC to the card, but with that more space you don't do that as much. From my experience today I would not buy for two times the price a Class 4 over a Class 2.