Dangit! Just dropped my phone waiting for the case to arrive

Search This thread

juntjoo

Apr 23, 2007
Moto G Power
China usually is much quicker. Well actually it's from Korea, the case, and I guess we gotta be really close to day 20. Anyway, what's the point now? One scratch/crack is the same as 100 as far as I'm concerned. It's a little crack actually connecting the upper left corner of the ear phone to the edge of the glass at the bezel right above the first little sensor whatever it is. So it's tiny almost but I'm not keeping it. I'm a baby like that. Hell yes, especially when I've forked up 600+ bones (is that what I paid about a month ago?) for it. If it was my skateboard that would be one thing, or my wife, or home, but my phone, that I buy a case for must be pristine right?

I don't know. I'll get black next time. Hey, which phone out there is faster? I'll miss the waterproof. And the dual cam is baddass. What do you guys think? I'm sure a replacement screen would cost me more than selling this one unlocked and lightly used then buying another used in mint condition as I want or a refurb, if one exists. Opinions? Couldn't this phone be one of the fastest in a few months with rom developments? If not then what? That htc one or something? Isn't this phone faster than the note 3? My benchmark results suggest so. Doesn't some company waterproof phones with a solution they dip it in or something? If I could waterproof that faster htc phone I may do that. With those two stereo speakers... Ef that fingerprint bs. 'Oh but you use it with PayPal' gag me with a spoon. Lol. Im 80's old.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
China usually is much quicker. Well actually it's from Korea, the case, and I guess we gotta be really close to day 20. Anyway, what's the point now? One scratch/crack is the same as 100 as far as I'm concerned. It's a little crack actually connecting the upper left corner of the ear phone to the edge of the glass at the bezel right above the first little sensor whatever it is. So it's tiny almost but I'm not keeping it. I'm a baby like that. Hell yes, especially when I've forked up 600+ bones (is that what I paid about a month ago?) for it. If it was my skateboard that would be one thing, or my wife, or home, but my phone, that I buy a case for must be pristine right?

I don't know. I'll get black next time. Hey, which phone out there is faster? I'll miss the waterproof. And the dual cam is baddass. What do you guys think? I'm sure a replacement screen would cost me more than selling this one unlocked and lightly used then buying another used in mint condition as I want or a refurb, if one exists. Opinions? Couldn't this phone be one of the fastest in a few months with rom developments? If not then what? That htc one or something? Isn't this phone faster than the note 3? My benchmark results suggest so. Doesn't some company waterproof phones with a solution they dip it in or something? If I could waterproof that faster htc phone I may do that. With those two stereo speakers... Ef that fingerprint bs. 'Oh but you use it with PayPal' gag me with a spoon. Lol. Im 80's old.

tl;dr

If you are getting a new device, wait for the LG G3 - it will be superior in specs.

juntjoo

Apr 23, 2007
Moto G Power
I want those dual front speakers on the m8. Plus you can send it in to get waterproofed, which I'd do straight from ebay or wherever I'd buy it, and if its a touch faster than our s5 as it seems to be the impression I should be good for a while. And you can qi ready it too with an external receiver and case, which I'd need anyway. Hmm...

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
May 27th for the g3 tho? Just read that. Is that the latest word?

Could be. I'd wait for it.

Look for the leaked press images, it's very nice. Has a better screen and likely a better chipset than the S5 and M8.

Also, you are welcome :p

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

juntjoo

Apr 23, 2007
Moto G Power
What about the speakers? I dont care about all that eye candy, my struggling eyes can barely appreciate this sweet screen ya know? I just went from hell to heaven from my s2 to my s5, I'm not sure I need much more. Ill wait a few days just to see what happens. Maybe itll come out in onky lime green, baby blue and hot pink in which case I'll pass.

juntjoo

Apr 23, 2007
Moto G Power
Just read an article saying rumors stating either it COULD surpass the current champs in chipset dept, or just be similar, same as with the ram being either 3gigs or maybe just 2. So we'll see hopefully soon. I can't stand to look at my phone with its unhealable crack. Its disgusting. Spitoowee

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
Just read an article saying rumors stating either it COULD surpass the current champs in chipset dept, or just be similar, same as with the ram being either 3gigs or maybe just 2. So we'll see hopefully soon. I can't stand to look at my phone with its unhealable crack. Its disgusting. Spitoowee

I have the M8 and the S5. Look on youtube for M8 water test. One guy left it in his sink full of water for 30 minutes and it was fine. Great phone to. Better build, speakers, and it already has AOSP roms. *cough* Try out my Pacman build *cough*. The S5 does have a better camera though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

juntjoo

Apr 23, 2007
Moto G Power
I have the M8 and the S5. Look on youtube for M8 water test. One guy left it in his sink full of water for 30 minutes and it was fine. Great phone to. Better build, speakers, and it already has AOSP roms. *cough* Try out my Pacman build *cough*. The S5 does have a better camera though.

Cool, thanks. Hey, a better back camera yes, but I like how it's got this robust dual kick ass speakers/dual equally capable camera lenses plus some other features I didn't quite catch, and I'm not so all about the megapixels... until I need to zoom in during a video or crop a pic later ya know?

But tell me this possible deal breaker:

Can you record using both cameras as with our superb s5? Btw, did some vids at the pool underwater. Awesome cam. I guess the software might be secondary issue if as long as the hw supports it you could just find a camera app to emulate the one we have (?). So can it? Have you tested? Or is that standard these days? Haven't heard anyone rave about it other than me. I love the dual screen narrator and scenery/target effect.

juntjoo

Apr 23, 2007
Moto G Power
Dude but the z2 has 3gigs of ram!, I have this affinity for ram. It's got a better waterproof rating, longer lasting battery, i think a good cam... reading this article on it till I get to the speakers...

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
Cool, thanks. Hey, a better back camera yes, but I like how it's got this robust dual kick ass speakers/dual equally capable camera lenses plus some other features I didn't quite catch, and I'm not so all about the megapixels... until I need to zoom in during a video or crop a pic later ya know?

But tell me this possible deal breaker:

Can you record using both cameras as with our superb s5? Btw, did some vids at the pool underwater. Awesome cam. I guess the software might be secondary issue if as long as the hw supports it you could just find a camera app to emulate the one we have (?). So can it? Have you tested? Or is that standard these days? Haven't heard anyone rave about it other than me. I love the dual screen narrator and scenery/target effect.

If you are talking front and and rear cam recording at the same time yes. Theres a small box for the front camera that can be moved anywhere on the screen before filming. But the S5 cam is visibly better without zooming. Side by side the s5 has better colors and detail than the M8. If all you need it for is for quick snaps it is great. In low light its the best phone cam I have ever had, just dont plan on making any prints off of it.

juntjoo

Apr 23, 2007
Moto G Power
And I did briefly try your rom on my s2. I didn't get a chance to try it out as I was rom hopping and ended up with the s5. new I'll make a note to check it out and if it works out well I'll make a note to donate. Just recently hit me how important it is to throw some cash where it s deserved especially for "the little guy" as I'm one myself and have it on my bucket list to program something kick ass

Reactions: DREWHAMM974

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And I did briefly try your rom on my s2. I didn't get a chance to try it out as I was rom hopping and ended up with the s5. new I'll make a note to check it out and if it works out well I'll make a note to donate. Just recently hit me how important it is to throw some cash where it s deserved especially for "the little guy" as I'm one myself and have it on my bucket list to program something kick ass