Search This thread

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
CF-AUTO Root
By Chainfire
Ported To the Tab S 10.5 By:mad:BeansTown106

First off, Huge Thanks to Chainfire for coming up with AutoRoot & for his SuperSU App

Warning: I cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone, rooting is optional! This Does Trip The Knox Warranty Bit Built into the Bootloader of the Tab S 10.5

How To Enter Download Mode
Method 1: in command prompt or terminal on computer enter: adb reboot download
Method 2:Turn Off Tablet, Hold Volume Down + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Rooting Instructions
1.Boot into Download mode (see methods above)
2.Flash CF_AutoRoot_Port_T800_BeansTown106.tar.md5 with Odin v3.09 (put in AP slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
3.Let it do its trick! Confirm root!
4.Reboot into recovery mode and confirm stock recoverys presence
That's all! Enjoy Root!

Download
FILENAME: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358556645

Please Keep in Mind i dont have this tab but would LOVE to develop on it

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of SuperSU Pro to support Chainfire! Well worth the $2.49! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu.pro&hl=en

Last edited:

jonhy25

Oct 2, 2010
Montréal
Beans is in the house! woop woop. Will this root method work on tab s 8.4 too ?? Or planning to do the same for 8.4?

Last edited:
Reactions: crkdslider

BossJ

Jul 23, 2007
You're awesome. IT WORKS! Thank God Beans is here :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-02-17-10-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-02-17-10-22.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 10,687
Last edited:

Dingchow

Oct 5, 2011

sillyphillie

Jul 7, 2009
Does this work for the 8.4? That question seemed to go unanswered

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

ewells38

Nov 14, 2008
CF-AUTO Root
By Chainfire

First off, Huge Thanks to Chainfire for coming up with AutoRoot & for his SuperSU App

Warning: I cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone, rooting is optional! This Does Trip The Knox Warranty Bit Built into the Bootloader of the Tab S 10.5

Method 2:Turn Off Tablet, Hold Volume Down + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Rooting Instructions
2.Flash CF_AutoRoot_Port_T800_BeansTown106.tar.md5 with Odin v3.09 (put in AP slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
That's all! Enjoy Root!

Download

Please Keep in Mind i dont have this tab but would LOVE to develop on it so any donations would be more than appreciated!
if you can Donate: here

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of SuperSU Pro to support Chainfire! Well worth the $2.49! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu.pro&hl=en

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!, :D
Works wonderfully :D:D:D

ksj0823

May 1, 2013
first time using the samsung exynos cpu and the cf auto root.

Does cf auto root always trip the KNOX? I mean like on other samsung devices.
Is this just like a beta version? and weeks later, is there going to be a perfect version that won't trip the KNOX?

Sorry this is just a newbie question. I am sorry if this makes other uncomfortable.

BUT, thanks. at least there is a way to ROOT. and just got my device 2 days ago.

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
@BeansTown106 Sent you on Hangouts but here's the link for 8.4 stock recovery: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358556686
I cool will get it out as soon as I get home
first time using the samsung exynos cpu and the cf auto root.

Does cf auto root always trip the KNOX? I mean like on other samsung devices.
Is this just like a beta version? and weeks later, is there going to be a perfect version that won't trip the KNOX?

Sorry this is just a newbie question. I am sorry if this makes other uncomfortable.

BUT, thanks. at least there is a way to ROOT. and just got my device 2 days ago.
It will always trip Knox it's a modified recovery that flashes superuser and then flashes stock recovery back

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-AUTO Root
    By Chainfire

Rooting Instructions
    That's all! Enjoy Root!

Download

Please Keep in Mind i dont have this tab but would LOVE to develop on it

I appologize but I followed the number 1 rule and searched and didn't find anything with the keyords Hemiall or Linux. I'm running Linux Mint 16 right now, and am just a recent convert form Windows 7...but I'm still learning and I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to get this thiing rooted using hemidall.

Some help would be appreciated.

Quick guide for anyone who needs it. Though I don't think this is what johnnyredcorn needed help with (as he is looking for help with linux).

This is for windows. For linux or apple, ymmv.
    First download the file from the OP. Extract it for later use.
    Then get Odin 3.09. Here's the link I used. Ignore all the S5 stuff. Only grab the odin file (from mega file sharing).
    http://www.putques.com/root-samsung-galaxy-s5-by-chainfire-auto-root-tool/

Extract/unzip the file. Run it.
    You'll get a screen like this.
    2uvu7u3u.jpg

Next, turn off your tab. Then go into download mode by pressing and holding power + volume down + home button. That's what work for me. Other's only pressed power + volume down as described in the op.

Once you figure out the right combo you should get this on your tab.
    apeteqep.jpg

Hit volume up, giving you this screen. Btw, this will be the screen that shows that Knox had been tripped, possibly VOIDING YOUR WARRANTY.
    5uqa6y4y.jpg

With your tab still connected to your computer, go back to odin. 1. Make sure odin sees your tab by verifying the usb port in the ID:COM in the upper left hand corner of Odin. You'll see my tab is on com4 (one of my usb ports).
    7a9uja6y.jpg

Then click on AP (big 'button' in the middle of the program). Direct it to where you have the unziped CF file you downloaded from the OP. Then click on the check box to the left of the AP button. Here's what it should look like.
    buqameve.jpg

So your odin screen should look like this
    edusuqus.jpg
    (ignore the dialog box in the bottom left of my screenshot as I had already ran odin).

Then hit start and let the freedom of being rooted begin. Your tab will automatically reboot once it finishes running. It will take less than one minute to complete. Watch your tab and you'll see a little blue progress bar across the middle, than a screen with a red android.

Once your tab reboots, you can verify that you have root by installing root checker from the playstore. Run the app and you will get this screen.
    ypy4ybem.jpg

Next install twrp. Here's the link:http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/orig-development/recovery-twrp-2-7-1-0-touch-recovery-t2817100
    Backup (nandroid) your tab now.

Here's a xda thread on how to use odin. A little old, but still the same idea.
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/help/guide-odin-flash-guide-t1671969
    Anyone willing to port Towelroot? It was confirmed not to trip Knox on a few devices.
    Who cares about knox... Just root it
    Hi everyone, hoping someone can kindly help me out. I've not rooted a device since my HTC Desire! I'd like to root my Tab S 10.5 and 8.4 but I see in the recent posts this method is no longer viable. How should I root now? Is there a tutorial?

Thank you kindly :)

Hi, this method is still working.
    I recently restored my Tab S 10.5, and rooted through this method: root with Odin using "CF Auto Root"
    I used this method because from when I got my Tab S 10.5, I have been using this method , before discovering root through TWRP...
    Here are the steps I used:
    1. Install the Rom though Odin, and do at least one reboot to the device.
    2. Put the device in "Download Mode", install TWRP, uncheck "Auto reboot" in Odin option!
    When the flash of TWRP is done, turn off the device, then quickly press "volume up" + "home" + "power", to enter into TWRP Recovery.
    3. Do a "Format Data", then Reboot into "Download Mode"
    4. Flash "CF Auto Root", with Odin. the next boot take some time.
    Set up the device, and normally SuperSU app is present, and the device is Rooted.
    5. Turn off the device, and turn back on into "Download Mode". Reinstall TWRP Recovery through Odin, since Rooting with "CF auto Root", is bringing back the recovery of Samsung...
    Done.

Personally the unique downside of this rooting method (CF Auto Root), is having to install TWRP 2 times.
    I did not notice any difference in the device, I mean it is working fine.

So here is the Root method available:
    1. Root through Odin using CF Auto Root
    or
    2. Root through TWRP using "No Verity OPT Encrypt 6.0" and "SuperSU v2.82 SR5 20170527"

Hope it will help someone else finding this post.
    We don't need a video tutorial, but we do need a version for the 8.4" version :)

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app