Anybody's back creaking?

Search This thread

jntdroid

Feb 16, 2011
DFW, TX
After one day and only popping the back cover off and on twice, in the bottom right where the "notch" and speaker are, if I hold the phone there and squeeze at all (like a normal grip), the back cover is creaking. And yeah, it's popped in all the way.

It's a small thing, but the OCD in me can't ignore it now, especially on such a premium, tightly built and "sleek" device...

#firstworldproblems

demill66

May 1, 2011
Yes my back is creaking but what's that got to do with a phone? ;)

You beat me to that (48 y/o and it's been doing that for years).

With respect to the phone, I've had mine since the 17th and haven't experienced anything yet. I'd take it back immediately. It would drive me nuts as well. I had a laptop with keys that squeaked when I pressed and brought it back the very next day. The new one didn't have the same problem. They may look at you like you're crazy and suggest they don't hear anything. Just ignore them and tell them you want a replacement. It's new enough that you won't get a refurbished device.

scottysize

Mar 17, 2011
I've taken my battery cover off several times and put it back on. No creak here. I guess it's up to you. How important is it? Important enough to A, start all over again, and B replace your brand new device possibly with a "Refurbished" one?

Top Liked Posts