Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
USE ARE YOUR OWN RISK.
http://www.multiupload.com/DXQVBXB93G
http://www.multiupload.com/KS2JCAMGBH

Credit to wag3slav3 and a donate link for him so morons cant claim I am stealing his donations. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=724741

adb push recovery.img /data/local/
adb push flash_image /data/local/
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/recovery.img
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/flash_image
adb shell rm /data/local/rights/mid.txt
adb shell ln -s /dev/mtd/mtd1 /data/local/rights/mid.txt
adb reboot
then once booted
adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/recovery.img

Last edited:

DS36

Apr 4, 2010
Florida
sorry but, how do you flash su? and you didnt answer if it wipes out my data.

sir im saying this in the most friendly way possible
but i was once just like you new to hacking and lots of questions

but you must understand all the questions you have can be answered by reading on here or google search

everyone is tired of answering the same question of the newbies and trust me i have been flamed

also check out the forum rules about posting questions certain questions go in certain places if you want quick answers....all love bro i want to see you rooted and happy

if you have root
su is Super User access
you need to get the su.apk go here and take a look http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=682828
su allows certain apps to do rooted things including overclocking
btw you will alos new the setcpu app to overclock go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419

but before that you still should do some research
good luck to you brother

Father_Vic

Apr 23, 2009
Oooh, don't anger the gods.

They really do get upset in here when you don't know as much as they do.

Let me help...

Run to this thread and read up:

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=724741

There is an automated script that will help you with the root. Many users, including myself had to run it a couple of times before it took - so if it doesn't go off the first time, don't lose faith, just try again.

As for whether or not it wipes, that's moot - You should, after you run the hack flash a custom rom - this will wipe your data. Any ROM you like from the dev forum will do. I am using Froyo v21. But you can certainly try any one you like. As for non-Froyo roms, I like the Cyannogen ELB builds. But again it is your preference that matters.

To flash the new rom, you need to boot into recovery mode. If you run the script from the above thread, it will boot you into recovery mode. If you use the instructions in this thread, type "adb reboot recovery" at your command prompt immediately after you are done. Once there, you can do the following:

-Do a NAND backup
-Put your phone into USB SD mode and copy over your ROM of choice to the root of your SD card.
-Do a factory wipe and a dalvik cache wipe
-flash your new rom

When you flash the new rom, depending on which one you do, you should have su or root. You can then download and install apps that require root.

Remember, you should back-up your data before you try to do anything to your phone. It's just a good idea.

If you have any ROM specific issues, try looking through that ROM's thread for answers. Also, if you have any other questions about how to do anything, the first sticky thread in this forum is a great collection of how-tos. You can also PM Me and I will be happy to help.

Don't forget that a lot of hard work went into rooting leak. Do like many of us have and donate to those responsible.

v941726

Jun 7, 2010
Rochester NY
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
i understand what your saying about asking here. but seriously, i searched and it seems like every thread says the same thing. so i jump all over the place and end up going in circles. i did my sons moto droid yesterday pretty easily. he now has root and a smoking droid w/o disturbing anything else. so, sorry, but it is tough. thanks for your reply. i got this particular thread from android forums and it looked like the one. a new one at that. but i spent several hours going around in circles. googling and everything. i am a noob with linux based phones. yes. but i'm very capable and dont need baby steps. just need some straight answers. so sorry. i will check your links. thanks for your reply

v941726

Jun 7, 2010
Rochester NY
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
They really do get upset in here when you don't know as much as they do.

Let me help...

Run to this thread and read up:

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=724741

There is an automated script that will help you with the root. Many users, including myself had to run it a couple of times before it took - so if it doesn't go off the first time, don't lose faith, just try again.

As for whether or not it wipes, that's moot - You should, after you run the hack flash a custom rom - this will wipe your data. Any ROM you like from the dev forum will do. I am using Froyo v21. But you can certainly try any one you like. As for non-Froyo roms, I like the Cyannogen ELB builds. But again it is your preference that matters.

To flash the new rom, you need to boot into recovery mode. If you run the script from the above thread, it will boot you into recovery mode. If you use the instructions in this thread, type "adb reboot recovery" at your command prompt immediately after you are done. Once there, you can do the following:

-Do a NAND backup
-Put your phone into USB SD mode and copy over your ROM of choice to the root of your SD card.
-Do a factory wipe and a dalvik cache wipe
-flash your new rom

When you flash the new rom, depending on which one you do, you should have su or root. You can then download and install apps that require root.

Remember, you should back-up your data before you try to do anything to your phone. It's just a good idea.

If you have any ROM specific issues, try looking through that ROM's thread for answers. Also, if you have any other questions about how to do anything, the first sticky thread in this forum is a great collection of how-tos. You can also PM Me and I will be happy to help.

Don't forget that a lot of hard work went into rooting leak. Do like many of us have and donate to those responsible.

thanks. this may be dumber yet but, i cant find a way to pm you or anybody her

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
Maple Shade/Collingswood/Cherry Hill
USE ARE YOUR OWN RISK.
http://www.multiupload.com/DXQVBXB93G
http://www.multiupload.com/KS2JCAMGBH

Credit to wag3slav3 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=724741

adb push recovery.img /data/local/
adb push flash_image /data/local/
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/recovery.img
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/flash_image
adb shell rm /data/local/rights/mid.txt
adb shell ln -s /dev/mtd/mtd1 /data/local/rights/mid.txt
adb reboot
then once booted
adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/recovery.img

wow!? are you serious. thats it. . . that took 8 months, it looks so simple now that its in writing. =(
sad for life
hey better late then never though =) glad you leakers can get root now.

sawah

Mar 24, 2010
The topic should get deleted...

...and wag3slav3 should just copy/paste this into the bottom of his first post. To me this thread, even with the credit, looks like it's trying to steal his "thunder."

Since when does jcase try to steal anyone's thunder. He watches out for the dev community more than anyone.

zerovertex

Feb 27, 2008
C:\android\tools>adb push recovery.img /data/local/
856 KB/s (3926016 bytes in 4.477s)

C:\android\tools>adb push flash_image /data/local/
507 KB/s (9640 bytes in 0.018s)

C:\android\tools>adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/recovery.img

C:\android\tools>adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/flash_image

C:\android\tools>adb shell rm /data/local/rights/mid.txt

C:\android\tools>adb shell ln -s /dev/mtd/mtd1 /data/local/rights/mid.txt

C:\android\tools>adb reboot

C:\android\tools>adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/recovery
.img
mtd: read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00020000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00040000 (Out of memory)

C:\android\tools>adb shell
$ su
su
su: permission denied

Anyone else get this?

thenestor

Mar 4, 2010
Google Pixel 5

Everyone, if you don't want to do a wipe and install a custom ROM, you can just flash EngTools.zip, courtesy of jcase, and it will add su and superuser.apk without disturbing your existing data (apps, settings, etc).

Get follow root tutorials and get amon's recovery installed. If you want to skip installing a new rom after rooting, You can flash EngTools.zip will root your device.