[Q] HTC Evo 4G on Page Plus Cellular

Search This thread

zoofer

Nov 4, 2008
Iowa
I've been using my rooted HTC Evo 4G on Page Plus Cellular (MVNO using the Verizon Wireless network) on their $29.95 per month Talk n Text 1200 plan (1200 minutes, 3000 SMS/MMS, and 100MB of data transfer) successfully for a couple of months now, and I have run into only two significant issues that maybe someone else has been able to solve or work around.

Although SMS works just fine, MMS does not. I've tried using the stock app, the GO SMS Pro app and Handsent SMS app without success. I've tried an ESN reset with Page Plus which didn't appear to help either.

I am also not getting 3G, just 1X. This one is not quite as important to me as the SMS issue is, since there is only 100MB of data available on the $29.95 plan.

I'm wondering if anyone else who is using an EVO 4G on Page Plus Cellular has found a workaround for the MMS and/or 3G issues? If so, could you reply with the fix, as well as the ROM you have flashed on your phone?

Thanks!

zoofer

Nov 4, 2008
Iowa
Some progress made

Although SMS works just fine, MMS does not. I've tried using the stock app, the GO SMS Pro app and Handsent SMS app without success. I've tried an ESN reset with Page Plus which didn't appear to help either.

I am also not getting 3G, just 1X. This one is not quite as important to me as the SMS issue is, since there is only 100MB of data available on the $29.95 plan.

OK, after flashing a couple of new roms, it appears my issues are either rom or kernel related.

Under MikG v3.0 Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0 both 3G and MMS were non-functional.

After downgrading to a non-Gingerbread rom, Myn's WarmTwoPointTwo, 3G worked but I still couldn't get MMS operational.

Next, I tried Myn's newest rom Warm TwoPointThree - Release One. MMS appears to work on this one with Go SMS Pro, but I'm back to 1X data :confused: Plus the rom itself is still pretty buggy, although I'm sure the design team will work the issues out eventually.

I'm happy with functional MMS (with 1X data) for the moment, but it would be ideal to have both. I suppose it's just a matter of trying different roms until I find one that works 100%. I haven't yet tried flashing a different kernel to see what effect that would have on 3G or MMS, but that would be my next project.

Last edited:

zoofer

Nov 4, 2008
Iowa
Page Plus Cellular??

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Sure. Page Plus Cellular is a vendor of pre-paid cellular services that uses Verizon's wireless network. It is similar to Virgin Mobile, TRACfone, Net10, Boost Mobile, Straight Talk and MetroPCS.

Page Plus is notable for having an unofficial open device policy. Most Verizon postpaid phones and Alltel phones can be activated (with limitations). Other CDMA phones can be flashed or reprogrammed to their network including devices from Sprint, US Cellular, etc. Page Plus does have some phones that are disallowed from being activated on their system including Blackberries, prepaid Verizon /Alltel phones and the new Verizon/CDMA iPhone.

Page Plus Coverage Map

IncomeExplosion

Apr 10, 2012
No 3-way on Pageplus

i'M USING AN evo 4G on PagePlus also.

Have the Pic text working (You cannot use WIFI for Pic Text)
and am getting 3G.

The only thing I am unable to get working is 3-way call.

If your 3way works on PagePlus, what did you do to make it work?

thank you

mpeg3s

Aug 11, 2009
EVO

Hi,

I now have EVO 3D with Pageplus 3G data working LOCKED. Figured it out.

Thanks!

Last edited:

kolosus

Oct 14, 2010
Phillipsburg, NJ. USA
Some of the ROMs on the Evo 4g are locked at 3g. Just because you're getting the 3g icon doesn't mean you're actually getting 3g! Example? The stock ROM.

Getting 1xRTT seems to be the norm. 3g is attainable, some are saying but they want to charge me to do it! Good luck!

As for the MMS issue. You need the apn settings. Might need to use GO SMS or something. But it is definitely apn settings. Use apn backup/restore from the market and get someone who has an android on Pageplus to backup their settings and give it to you. You restore it to your phone. Or try the apn settings from a Verizon phone... maybe Pageplus and Verizon use the same apn settings.

Good luck.

eznacho

Dec 31, 2010
Though I too couldn't get 3g working cause the internet is so slow... I wonder if they have a tutorial for getting the HA and AAA codes when cloning a phone our getting 3g to work correctly.

If there is one can someone post the link I have looked and no luck