Can I Switch between cm/aosp roms and stock roms without recovery switch on 757?

Search This thread

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
You can go back to Stock without recovery (in fact recovery is not used to flash a FTF stock img), but if you have a custom rom then you have recovery. You need recovery to flash a custom rom, well I lie you could do it with adb but it would take about 3 hours and lots coffee.

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
I asked that very poorly...i was on a stock loaded 757(dual twrp/cwm) and flashed paranoid android which had used cwm for recovery.. I did not take a nandroid in cwm,only a nandroid in twrp..where can I get a zip to flash in cwm to change the recovery to twrp:?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
I asked that very poorly...i was on a stock loaded 757(dual twrp/cwm) and flashed paranoid android which had used cwm for recovery.. I did not take a nandroid in cwm,only a nandroid in twrp..where can I get a zip to flash in cwm to change the recovery to twrp:?

I think all the AOSP ROMs are using cwm at the moment, Slim kernel/ROM might use twrp? I know Revilution kernel had both that can be found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2548092, note that this kernel is too old to boot any current ROMs but will allow you to get into twrp to use the nandroid

Flash with flashtool or fastboot (see op of thread).

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
I'm not used to the recoveries being attached to the kernel or the ROM.

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
I like to flip flop between the stock rom and aosp ( usually bundled with CWM ) but the recovery image(dual boot) to use twrp is a pain in the butt to flash if I'm not around a computer .. Is there a simple way to turn an image into a flashable zip? Looks like I could use the GPe recovery to flash.

Last edited:

mathurmatt

May 2, 2013
Delhi
It is not always the case when you have to flash recovery each time you flash a new rom for example you can flash monx which is stock build and from there you can flash every rom aokp cm etc (did that and had no issue) you can come back to stock any time you want from any recovery problem is that some custom roms use recoveries which is ported from Z1 which are ok if you flash a stock rom but for aosp you have to flash another recovery .........

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
I was making nandroids in cwm and twrp but this takes a lot of room up.

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
I think I'm going to stick with cwm.. I'm having troubles saving and restoring nandroids with twrp. Just yesterday I couldn't make a back up through TWRP.. It would tell me that backup failed.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk