BlueStacks Beta - editing the "boot" animation

Search This thread

Wetzel402

Hi everyone,

I decided to create a quick guide and place to share your custom BlueStacks boot animations.

Quick Guide:

The boot or loading screen is made up of two different files. One is a static PNG image the other is a GIF animation. Both files are found in C:/ > Program Files (x86) > BlueStacks and can be replaced.

Step one: Quit BlueStacks and use task manager to ensure there are no BlueStacks processes running.

Step two: Go to the directory above and copy and paste the files "ProductLogo" and "loading" to a convenient location to back them up.

Step three: Search the internet for fun new replacement files and edit as needed (or create your own).

Step four: Rename the files to reflect the original file's name and place them in the BlueStacks folder.

*restart BlueStacks and enjoy*

The animation (Dysgenic (Modified by aph)) and image (tenet421 ) I am using currently:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=7eb358e495e201cb&resid=7EB358E495E201CB!179&parid=root

Android-Particle-Ring-Bootanimation-Cyan.gif

Edit: Thanks to rocketero,

We have a new home button image.

homebuttonr.png

Go to C:>Program Files (x86)>BlueStacks and use the same process as above. The image will be called "HomeButton".

If you have another cool button post it here.

Last edited:

J94w

Jul 26, 2011
Here is my version: in the flavor of xda

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,224

J94w

Jul 26, 2011
Is the XDA an animation? I would be interested to see it in action :)

No, I didnt know how, or wanted to bother

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

This isn't an animation I created for BlueStacks but I wanted to share anyway just to get opinions :)

It was created with some editing and splicing of other users boot animations.

Its alright, but to busy, I went for an easy look, that won't waste resources running, and it wouldnt look right in that small area since its a full screen (phone) animation

Also there is glitch mostly cause you didnt remove the files after the android explodes

Wetzel402

Its alright, but to busy, I went for an easy look, that won't waste resources running, and it wouldnt look right in that small area since its a full screen (phone) animation

Also there is glitch mostly cause you didnt remove the files after the android explodes

I created it for my wife's phone specifically. There is actually supposed to be flashing between the android exploding and the particle ring effect but it does look odd.

I'm working on a new one now :)

PoorCollegeGuy

Account currently disabled
Dec 18, 2011
Columbus
twitter.com

Wetzel402

Hello,

Sorry to derail your thread, but I just wanted to let ya know that this thread and another thread got an article on the XDA Portal. Here's the link:

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/google-play-store-and-custom-boot-animations-in-bluestacks/

It's actually a featured article, so it goes in the "featured articles" box at the top of the page. Congrats!

Also, I used this mod personally and it worked great for me. Fantastic work :) and thank you!

Yes, I saw your article. Thanks and great work! :)

Such a simple little mod but still fun :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

I decided to create a quick guide and place to share your custom BlueStacks boot animations.

Quick Guide:

The boot or loading screen is made up of two different files. One is a static PNG image the other is a GIF animation. Both files are found in C:/ > Program Files (x86) > BlueStacks and can be replaced.

Step one: Quit BlueStacks and use task manager to ensure there are no BlueStacks processes running.

Step two: Go to the directory above and copy and paste the files "ProductLogo" and "loading" to a convenient location to back them up.

Step three: Search the internet for fun new replacement files and edit as needed (or create your own).

Step four: Rename the files to reflect the original file's name and place them in the BlueStacks folder.

*restart BlueStacks and enjoy*

The animation (Dysgenic (Modified by aph)) and image (tenet421 ) I am using currently:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=7eb358e495e201cb&resid=7EB358E495E201CB!179&parid=root

Android-Particle-Ring-Bootanimation-Cyan.gif

Edit: Thanks to rocketero,

We have a new home button image.

homebuttonr.png

Go to C:>Program Files (x86)>BlueStacks and use the same process as above. The image will be called "HomeButton".

If you have another cool button post it here.