[APP][5.0+] CCSWE App Manager (Root/Samsung) - Honest alternative to PDP

Search This thread

machx0r

May 7, 2011
San Marcos, CA
ccswe.com
[APP][5.0+] CCSWE App Manager (Root/Samsung)

CCSWE App Manager was designed for users who want disable applications and packages to improve performance. It also allows you to hide icons for applications they do not use without uninstalling the entire application. You can also hide icons for stock system applications which will allow you to continue to receive system updates while saving space in your application drawer.

★★ NOTE: You must have a stock Samsung device in order to use CCSWE App Manager (Samsung) ★★

★★ NOTE: You must have root access in order to use CCSWE App Manager (Root) ★★

Contact support@ccswe.com if you have any issues. We are more than happy to offer any help we can but cannot do anything if you simply give us a low rating instead of contacting us.

★★ Features ★★

★ Clear data for any application
★ Disable services and receivers
★ Export and import package lists
★ Hide (disable) application icons without uninstalling the application
★ Home screen widget
★ Favorites list
★ Freeze (disable) applications
★ Password protection
★ Uninstall applications

Last edited:

MFire

Dec 10, 2011
Bucharest
Really works and it does so fast, clean and easy. I think it's the only app available on the Play Store that actually does this WITHOUT breaking the apps.
GREAT JOB!

Wish the UI was cleaner, based on ICS design elements.

Thanks!

(Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4)

itazchu

May 7, 2012
Jakarta
Works great. Just one thing, when I tried to hide SIM Toolkit, it makes my phone lose the signal n when it got the signal back, SIM Toolkit appear again on my app drawer.

gtuxyco

Jan 13, 2012
Riohacha
nice

Thanx this a great work...
I'm use for hide all in unused icons.
;)
I'm use a miui launcher a this put any icons in home this unused icons take a one more page of laucher...

This app need to go to front page of XDA....

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: icheyne

decmk

Jul 5, 2008
Only navigation from maps is going back after reboot.
Btw good work.
Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

androidarmin

Jun 18, 2010
Frankfurt Area
Guess I must be doing something wrong...?

Great idea, this app!

However, I don't get the option to "hide" a particular item...
All it offers for me - when long-pressing an app - is "Clear data", "Freeze" or "Uninstall"...:confused:

What am I doing wrong/missing?

machx0r

May 7, 2011
San Marcos, CA
ccswe.com
Great idea, this app!

All it offers for me - when long-pressing an app - is "Clear data", "Freeze" or "Uninstall"...:confused:

The freeze option would allow you to hide all icons and completely disable an app but this probably isn't what you want...

Short press the app to transition into the "Details" view at which point you'll see a list of icons associated with the application. Short press the icons you want to show/hide to check them and then click the "Show/Hide Icon(s)" button to process the operation.

After hiding/showing icons some launchers will require you to reboot before they actually show/hide.

Reactions: androidarmin

mr_exit

Apr 21, 2011
I've installed it and when I run it, It asks for root permissions, which I click allow, but then the app just sits there with the spinning circle and "Asking for root permissions" It's been like that for about 10min so I think it's stuck

On a Sony Xperia Arc, rooted gingerbread 2.3.4

Anything I can try?

machx0r

May 7, 2011
San Marcos, CA
ccswe.com
I've installed it and when I run it, It asks for root permissions, which I click allow, but then the app just sits there with the spinning circle and "Asking for root permissions" It's been like that for about 10min so I think it's stuck

Anything I can try?

Haven't seen/heard of this before. My first suggestion would be to exit out and retry. If that doesn't work you can PM me here or email appmanager@ccswe.com (better option since it dings my phone :D) and I'll try and help you resolve it.

androidarmin

Jun 18, 2010
Frankfurt Area
Awesome app!

Short press the app to transition into the "Details" view at which point you'll see a list of icons associated with the application. Short press the icons you want to show/hide to check them and then click the "Show/Hide Icon(s)" button to process the operation.

After hiding/showing icons some launchers will require you to reboot before they actually show/hide.

I knew it... This app is AWESOME!!! :)
Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction, machx0r!
Love the app, and it works exactly as described.

Will get the $$ version for sure...
Thanks, man!

Redsn0w

Jan 15, 2011

Anything I can try?

I had the same problem here. I restartet the Device and it works now.

jonathan.strunk

Dec 16, 2010
Georgia
this is awesome, i've been looking for something like this since ditching non-stock launchers. Question, will uninstalling undo anything I hid? or do i need to do this before uninstalling to prevent apps from permanently being hidden? I also noticed that hiding the icons this way prevents them from showing up when searching on the Evo.

Last edited:

machx0r

May 7, 2011
San Marcos, CA
ccswe.com
Question, will uninstalling undo anything I hid? or do i need to do this before uninstalling to prevent apps from permanently being hidden?

This application modifies system settings to hide the icons or freeze applications. They will continue to be hidden/frozen after uninstalling so you should unhide them first or reinstall the application when you need to restore them.

Scary Guy

I installed this because it sounded like it would hide the icons but still let me use the apps. I spent about 10 minutes going through my apps and hiding them.

I hid my Apex launcher and after I exited the app the system freaked the **** out going to a few other apps and then finally the default CM9 launcher when I hit the home key.

Also it doesn't highlight everything I check to be hidden in blue. So I had to go through and unhide everything just to be safe, taking another 10 minutes to sort through my app list trying to remember what I ticked off. Around 500 apps, not fun.

machx0r

May 7, 2011
San Marcos, CA
ccswe.com
I installed this because it sounded like it would hide the icons but still let me use the apps.

Technically it disables the Activity associated with the icon which does in fact make it unusable while hidden. Beyond a launcher with the capability to hide icons this is the only way to do it.

I hid my Apex launcher and after I exited the app the system freaked the **** out going to a few other apps and then finally the default CM9 launcher when I hit the home key.

For most launchers this would be fine as separate Activities are created for the "Settings" and "Launcher" functionalities. Unfortunately this is not the case with Apex launcher and I sent them an email a while back suggesting a change.

In general care should be taken while hiding launchers and system apps (titles in red). Maybe I should do something more than just the red text to indicate caution should be taken. Maybe a warning prompt with an option to disable it for those that like to live dangerously ;-)

Also it doesn't highlight everything I check to be hidden in blue. So I had to go through and unhide everything just to be safe, taking another 10 minutes to sort through my app list trying to remember what I ticked off. Around 500 apps, not fun.

Hmm I haven't heard of this issue but will definitely look into it. The Activities (icon rows) are not cached and are loaded when you enter the details screen so they should represent the current state (ie: blue = hidden).

In the next few days I'll be putting out an updated release that will contain filtering which would have made it easier to locate what you hid. Sorry for your troubles.

Reactions: Scary Guy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP][5.0+] CCSWE App Manager (Root/Samsung)

CCSWE App Manager was designed for users who want disable applications and packages to improve performance. It also allows you to hide icons for applications they do not use without uninstalling the entire application. You can also hide icons for stock system applications which will allow you to continue to receive system updates while saving space in your application drawer.

★★ NOTE: You must have a stock Samsung device in order to use CCSWE App Manager (Samsung) ★★

★★ NOTE: You must have root access in order to use CCSWE App Manager (Root) ★★

Contact support@ccswe.com if you have any issues. We are more than happy to offer any help we can but cannot do anything if you simply give us a low rating instead of contacting us.

★★ Features ★★

★ Clear data for any application
    ★ Disable services and receivers
    ★ Export and import package lists
    ★ Hide (disable) application icons without uninstalling the application
    ★ Home screen widget
    ★ Favorites list
    ★ Freeze (disable) applications
    ★ Password protection
    ★ Uninstall applications
    nice

Thanx this a great work...
    I'm use for hide all in unused icons.
    ;)
    I'm use a miui launcher a this put any icons in home this unused icons take a one more page of laucher...

This app need to go to front page of XDA....

Sent from my MB525 using XDA
    Great idea, this app!

The freeze option would allow you to hide all icons and completely disable an app but this probably isn't what you want...

I installed this because it sounded like it would hide the icons but still let me use the apps.

Technically it disables the Activity associated with the icon which does in fact make it unusable while hidden. Beyond a launcher with the capability to hide icons this is the only way to do it.

For most launchers this would be fine as separate Activities are created for the "Settings" and "Launcher" functionalities. Unfortunately this is not the case with Apex launcher and I sent them an email a while back suggesting a change.

In general care should be taken while hiding launchers and system apps (titles in red). Maybe I should do something more than just the red text to indicate caution should be taken. Maybe a warning prompt with an option to disable it for those that like to live dangerously ;-)

Hmm I haven't heard of this issue but will definitely look into it. The Activities (icon rows) are not cached and are loaded when you enter the details screen so they should represent the current state (ie: blue = hidden).

In the next few days I'll be putting out an updated release that will contain filtering which would have made it easier to locate what you hid. Sorry for your troubles.
    I just uploaded version 1.1.0 which adds the following (highly requested) features:

- Added icon to indicate an application has hidden activities
    - Added filtering to make managing applications easier
    - Improved UI for smoother scrolling lists