[GUIDE] How to get a working Google Wallet

Search This thread

slicingtaco

May 8, 2012
C:\Earth\USA\California\Freakmont
Ok, so today i am trying to flash a ROM (for the first time) but i heard we got to reset the GWallet app with the GWallet settings. So i attempted and it hangs at 96% the part with "Deleting all payment information from this device". I have restarted the app many times and rebooted twice already but it just hangs there and after a while returning to the apps it starts all over again and it sits there @ 96%:crying:. I want to reset it because without resetting i am not risking flashing a ROM and having my Secured Element borked. Any other suggestions. I am kinda tempted on deleting the .apk and replacing it again...
Any help would be appreciated, Please and Thanks.:good:
Screenshot_2013-02-26-18-44-22_zps26be7f6b.png

Here is a screenshot of what i am talking about.

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
if you going to install a new rom WITHOUT wiping data, reset g. wallet is not necessary.
I flashed new rom without wipe all the time, and I never reset g. wallet.
yeah. always make a Titian backup of g. wallet just in case!

Reactions: slicingtaco

cmjkxa

May 24, 2011
San diego
Ok, so today i am trying to flash a ROM (for the first time) but i heard we got to reset the GWallet app with the GWallet settings. So i attempted and it hangs at 96% the part with "Deleting all payment information from this device". I have restarted the app many times and rebooted twice already but it just hangs there and after a while returning to the apps it starts all over again and it sits there @ 96%:crying:. I want to reset it because without resetting i am not risking flashing a ROM and having my Secured Element borked. Any other suggestions. I am kinda tempted on deleting the .apk and replacing it again...
Any help would be appreciated, Please and Thanks.:good:
Screenshot_2013-02-26-18-44-22_zps26be7f6b.png

Here is a screenshot of what i am talking about.

Go to settings apps wallet clear data. Restart wallet, it should bring you to the main menu.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

slicingtaco

May 8, 2012
C:\Earth\USA\California\Freakmont
if you going to install a new rom WITHOUT wiping data, reset g. wallet is not necessary.
I flashed new rom without wipe all the time, and I never reset g. wallet.
yeah. always make a Titian backup of g. wallet just in case!

Go to settings apps wallet clear data. Restart wallet, it should bring you to the main menu.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Ok great but now i get a different message. Device Not Ready
"Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the device has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists"

Here's a LogCat i ran (hope i didn't ruin my SE:crying:):
Code:
D/NfcService( 3251): NFC-C ON

I/InitializeTsaTask(19216): Checking for SE activation.

D/dalvikvm(20645): GC_CONCURRENT freed 262K, 6% free 12589K/13383K, paused 12ms+11ms, total 35ms

W/TsaRequestType(19216): TSA registration failed - code: FAILED

I/InitializeTsaTask(19216): Checking for SE activation.

I/InitializeTsaTask(19216): Done waiting for SE activation. State = SE_ACTIVATION_FAILED

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(19216): INITIALIZE_TSA: elapsed=2447ms failed: com.google.android.apps.wallet.init.InitializerTaskDependenciesFailedException: TSA_INIT_NOT_COMPLETE

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(19216): INITIALIZE_TSA: waited: failed: com.google.android.apps.wallet.init.InitializerTaskDependenciesFailedException: TSA_INIT_NOT_COMPLETE

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(19216): INITIALIZE_TSA: waited: failed: com.google.android.apps.wallet.init.InitializerTaskDependenciesFailedException: TSA_INIT_NOT_COMPLETE

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(19216): INITIALIZE_SECURE_ELEMENT: aborting; failedDependencies=[INITIALIZE_TSA]

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(19216): INITIALIZE_SECURE_ELEMENT: waited: failed: com.google.android.apps.wallet.init.InitializerTaskDependenciesFailedException: [INITIALIZE_TSA]

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(19216): INITIALIZE_SECURE_ELEMENT: waited: failed: com.google.android.apps.wallet.init.InitializerTaskDependenciesFailedException: [INITIALIZE_TSA]

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(19216): CHECK_SECURE_ELEMENT_ID: aborting; failedDependencies=[INITIALIZE_SECURE_ELEMENT]

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(19216): CHECK_SECURE_ELEMENT_ID: waited: failed: com.google.android.apps.wallet.init.InitializerTaskDependenciesFailedException: [INITIALIZE_SECURE_ELEMENT]

I/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(19216): removed: [INITIALIZE_TSA, INITIALIZE_SECURE_ELEMENT, CHECK_SECURE_ELEMENT_ID]

Last edited:

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Ok great but now i get a different message. Device Not Ready
"Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the device has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists"

I changed my phone build prop to Galaxy Nexus, that error message is gone and i continue to set up then i changed back later for the Spen to work after the setup

floykoe

Feb 16, 2013
Wenatchee
Instructions 90% accurate-good job!

Hack did not got "exactly as discribed for me, but all the basics are included. I just had to do it in a slightly different order. I am up and running now. This thread's video was invaluable to my success. Other threads led to failure; this one worked. Thank you for taking the time. Well done.

DeathEvil

Mar 6, 2011
installed today newest international rom on att note 2, and was able to get wallet working in very few steps.

1.change build to nexus
2.instal wallet from playstore (no FC's at all)
3.delete apk and move newest modaco one (same version as the one on playstore)
4.change build pro back to default

I have no idea why there are modified nfc apks and other stuff, since its not needed

Reactions: Bajanman

krolla03

Jun 29, 2007
Portland
When i get to the part that says open wallet i get an error that says this verizon is no longer supported. Would i like to update. If i do that will it still work?

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
installed today newest international rom on att note 2, and was able to get wallet working in very few steps.

1.change build to nexus
2.instal wallet from playstore (no FC's at all)
3.delete apk and move newest modaco one (same version as the one on playstore)
4.change build pro back to default

I have no idea why there are modified nfc apks and other stuff, since its not needed

+++1
100% Agree with you. That's exactly how I do it. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

dstech

Jun 7, 2007
Detroit
Is there a way to get this working on 4.2.2?

You don't need any of the special modified files listed here other than the modified wallet apk. It works fine on 4.2.2 CM. I had the Jedi Rom and it worked fine without having to replace the nfc.apk and other NFC related apk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

distortion

Dec 30, 2006
I had to have screwed something up. :(

After every reboot, just after the AT&T logo I get a quick system popup and it says "Android is updating". It then boots to the homescreen. Google wallet is missing. I can go to the Play Store and re download it but it says "Unsupported Device" once in Google Wallet. I have the build prop set correctly.

How do I go back to a clear default state where I can run through this process from the beginning? I tried going into recovery and resetting to default but it still left my modified build prop.

Any advice? I am running stock rooted AT&T ROM.

Thanks.

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
just used google wallet at mcdonald !
this girl casher didnt see me take out any cash, she said "you want to pay with card?"
i point to the nfc reader and said "it' already approved".
she said "how you do that?"
i point to my phone and said "google wallet".

dstech

Jun 7, 2007
Detroit
I had to have screwed something up. :(

After every reboot, just after the AT&T logo I get a quick system popup and it says "Android is updating". It then boots to the homescreen. Google wallet is missing. I can go to the Play Store and re download it but it says "Unsupported Device" once in Google Wallet. I have the build prop set correctly.

How do I go back to a clear default state where I can run through this process from the beginning? I tried going into recovery and resetting to default but it still left my modified build prop.

Any advice? I am running stock rooted AT&T ROM.

Thanks.

Sounds like you don't have the permissions for the app stored in /system/app possibly. Make sure they match the permissions of the other files in that directory. Which version of the modded Google wallet app are you using?

distortion

Dec 30, 2006
I got it working. This method never worked. So I loaded TWRP, then flashed Clean ROM. During my searches I found another thread here with 2 flashable zip files. Followed that and it worked flawless and much faster and easier.

Last edited:

fprice02

Apr 2, 2006
Fort Lewis, WA
Guess google wallet got an update. When I click the icon I get a warning box stating my current version is out dated. The only option is to update. Anyone else having issues?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First this is a guide from the Verizon Note 2 forums, for those who don't know about it.

All Credit to WarlockLord, ogdobber, and tpmwr, and everyone else involved in this.

Visit the original thread here

Follow these steps, I have done this 3 times already and every time it works, IF you follow these steps.

I HIGHLY suggest using root explorer for this

1. Download the attached zip file, you must extract it, and place everything in their respective folders, backup your current files, rename with .bak on the end, paste the files in their respective folders from the zip. Set the correct permissions as the other files in the folder. Under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

2. Next, navigate to your build.prop in your /system and edit it to mirror the Galaxy Nexus.
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro

3. Reboot

4. Open your app drawer, find the wallet app, from there, set it up, it will say Setting up this will take 5 minutes, you WILL get a force close.

5. From this point navigate to your /system/app and delete the wallet app.

6. Reboot.

7 Open the play store, download wallet, now set everything up, and add a card, once you have registered a card, it will say the app needs to reset. Reset it, and wait. Once you get back to the screen where you can select your account, close the app.

8. Navigate to your /data/app and delete the wallet.apk in there. DO NOT UN-INSTALL IT!!, This is crutial, ONLY DELETE IT

9. Now head back to your downloaded files from this post and paste the modaco R87 wallet apk back into your /system/app, and set the correct permissions, under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

10. Reboot.

11. Now open wallet again from the app drawer and set everything up. It should proceed with no errors if you did everything correct.

12. Once setup, reboot again and open the app again to make sure its still working, and your cards are still there.

13. If its still working, you can now change your build.prop back to
    ro.product.model=SGH-I317 or SGH-I317M(which ever variant you have)
    ro.product.name=t0lteatt
    ro.product.device=t0lteatt

If you do not change your build.prop back to stock values, it wll probably break SNote

14. Save the build.prop and exit.

15. Profit.

Everything you need to know is in this post, if its not working, you didn't do something correctly, or you missed a step.

VIDEO HOW TO - THANKS TO YELLOWGTO
    Was holding off, but now must root! Damn you,XDA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Root it. Its not "your" phone unless you root it.
    Are you ****ting me?!?
    Its hardly witholding when the information is there for all to see.
    You would rather I RETYPE a detailed, step by step post, that I posted to try to help others, so YOU dont have to exert your clicky finger and go BACK 2 PAGES..
    Sorry if I offend anyone, but go $#@& yourself. If you had even tried to look, you would've quickly discovered the posts, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Im sorry to everyone else who had to read this.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    What the step 1 instructions feel like...

how-to-draw-an-owl.png