[Q] Three (3) UK official firmwares

Search This thread

Stu308

May 3, 2006
Manchester
Hi, Does anyone know if the carrier 3 UK offer up their official firmwares please?
I just wanted to know so that if I ever need the phone back to it's original 3 state I can do it.
Also 4g is imminent on 3 and dont know if I will receive update to get 4g on custom rom.

Thanks.
Stu.

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
What do you mean by offer up? On their website for download? Then the answer is no.
Updates are supplied by carriers via the PC Companion/Sony update Service or OTA.
Search in the general section for a 3 UK ftf if you want to return to stock. I'm not sure if one is available or not, but a search will tell you either way.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Stu308

May 3, 2006
Manchester
I found a Hutch three uk .350
If i flash this and update via o.t.a or sony companion will this stay "3" ?

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Yes, it will. Flashing the 3 UK ftf will ensure you receive updates for their software only.

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
The latest 569 3uk build has lte enabled as default network, not sure why they'd have to release an OTA to enable 4g.

Fwiw I work in one of the original test areas, never picked up a 4g signal, but have had 30mb downloads at times.. :confused:

I assume that 3 issued a blanket announcement that an update will be released to enable 4G when it's available, regardless of whether it's actually needed or not, as this is the second time recently that I've seen it mentioned here.

Stu308

May 3, 2006
Manchester
Yes, they are doing a staged rollout. It has started in Manchester, Birmingham and somewhere else but only a few thousand people at a time to see how it goes.
They say you will get an update when your time comes to enable you to pick up the 4g signal when in a 4g area.

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Now I think about it, I would imagine that it would be a sim update rather than an update for the firmware on your phone.

Last edited:

Stu308

May 3, 2006
Manchester
Yes,maybe. But didnt know if I would still get it being on a custom rom . It is a phone from 3 themselves though. Not to sure if it would update.
Can always revert back once I get it.

wonneil

Nov 30, 2009
Kent
The latest 569 3uk build has lte enabled as default network, not sure why they'd have to release an OTA to enable 4g.

Fwiw I work in one of the original test areas, never picked up a 4g signal, but have had 30mb downloads at times.. :confused:

I have the generic UK 569 and don't have the option to select 4G in my preferred network mode, I had heard it was an OTA update from Three but not so sure now, I think I might have to go back to the stock rom as well if I don't get it next month (which is supposed to be the switch over).

Are you sure you never received the update OTA, it was only given to a selected few in a few cities?

fards

Inactive Recognized Developer
I have the generic UK 569 and don't have the option to select 4G in my preferred network mode, I had heard it was an OTA update from Three but not so sure now, I think I might have to go back to the stock rom as well if I don't get it next month (which is supposed to be the switch over).

Are you sure you never received the update OTA, it was only given to a selected few in a few cities?

I think I'd know if I had an OTA :p

no idea why you don't get 4g on the generic, I've just flashed the 101 build and it's allowing me to exactly the same as on every rom except the first original 3uk one (350?)

wonneil

Nov 30, 2009
Kent
I think I'd know if I had an OTA :p

no idea why you don't get 4g on the generic, I've just flashed the 101 build and it's allowing me to exactly the same as on every rom except the first original 3uk one (350?)

Thanks, perhaps it has something to do with my sim then, if only there was more information from Three themselves! lol

I will keep my fingers crossed for some sort of update next month and then if nothing I'll take my phone back to the shop for them to look at :(

Edit: I think I must be getting OldTimers, just remembered (and looked back on my posts to confirm) that it is all down to the sim card, as when I took my sim out I get the option of selecting 4g
I have been waiting so long I completely forgot, now just have to hope that I do get some sort of sim update in the coming weeks...

Last edited:

wonneil

Nov 30, 2009
Kent
Just had the update, was still 10.4.B.0.569 but now when I look at my network mode it states 4G (preferred) :D

Stu308

May 3, 2006
Manchester
Just had the update, was still 10.4.B.0.569 but now when I look at my network mode it states 4G (preferred) :D

I didnt get a notification for an update it was just there one day using 4g.
My settings dont give me the option of 4g , just LTE prefered.
4g is working though as it has it at the top of the phone and my download speeds are around 30mb.