[q] unlock token check failed

Search This thread

Boltz KCJ

Feb 11, 2014
As mentioned, recently I sent my phone to HTC to replace the camera, I dont know how they broken my mainboard.and now the mainboard is replaced. Everytime I tried to unlock bootloader (old token or newly grapped token), it appears that UNLOCK TOKEN CHECK FAILED? So, am I really unable to root my phone anymore? Or is there any alternative way to root it? I saw a post mentioning that restore it with RUU will help, does it really do so?
Sorry that is this a re-post or in a wrong section

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
As mentioned, recently I sent my phone to HTC to replace the camera, I dont know how they broken my mainboard.and now the mainboard is replaced. Everytime I tried to unlock bootloader (old token or newly grapped token), it appears that UNLOCK TOKEN CHECK FAILED? So, am I really unable to root my phone anymore? Or is there any alternative way to root it? I saw a post mentioning that restore it with RUU will help, does it really do so?
Sorry that is this a re-post or in a wrong section

post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' minus your imei and serial no

also you need a new token every time the phone is to be unlocked. Your old token will not do the job for sure.

please aslo paste your token here so we can see if its corrupted.

Boltz KCJ

Feb 11, 2014
post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' minus your imei and serial no

also you need a new token every time the phone is to be unlocked. Your old token will not do the job for sure.

please aslo paste your token here so we can see if its corrupted.

Sorry, my bad seriously. Im being confused by my own directories, too many folders opened and I had chosen the wrong token.