[APP][2.0.1+][Root] Samba Filesharing Server for Android [Play & Dev builds]

Search This thread

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
Can one of you post the content of /data/data/com.funkyfresh.samba/files/var/log.nmdb and .../log.smbd

Probably we find something usefull there

tapatalked from lollipopped i9300

tag68

Nov 25, 2014
Moto G 2014
Moto X Play
Ok, thats bad, do we have propper root access?
SuperSU shows that the access is granted when enabling Samba.

Can you go into samba app, hit menu - settings - create support log and post the content of that log file
Oh can I search for some information? There may be sensitive data in this file. And it has 733 KB.

In the section Shell environment there is the line
USER=root
USER_ID=0

guess that means that root access is fine. Also SuperSU shows Samba Filesharing as granted many times, never denied.

Another problem may be f2fs for internal SD card. Can it be that Samba tries to access internal memory before doing any logging?

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
SuperSU shows that the access is granted when enabling Samba.

Oh can I search for some information? There may be sensitive data in this file. And it has 733 KB.

In the section Shell environment there is the line
USER=root
USER_ID=0

guess that means that root access is fine. Also SuperSU shows Samba Filesharing as granted many times, never denied.

Another problem may be f2fs for internal SD card. Can it be that Samba tries to access internal memory before doing any logging?
F2fs indeed could be a problem, but i had ext4 partitions shared already and it did work, didnt try f2fs thou...

mrscotty

Jun 13, 2008
I am experiencing both of these exact problems on a Moto G. Were solutions to either or both of these problems found?

I think it is a problem of file-permissions on MOTOs
here my solution (just testing):
set permissions to 755 (eg. with root browser)
for smb.conf to 755 the password-error is gone
but sfs does not start so I set com.funkyfesh.samba and alle files in it (for testing) to 755
and it works :laugh:

to share your 2nd scdard:
copy all lines of [sdcard] ff..
as new entry on bottom of smb.conf
and change [sdcard] to [sdcard1]
and path-line to your-path-of-sdcard1

scotty

Teted on Moto G 2nd Gen. 5.0.2 Lollipop
(dev. editon from 1st. post and "Dont rewrite smb.conf" checked)

Last edited:
Reactions: tag68 and FadeFx

ketu

Dec 8, 2010
Suceava
Samba server start command

Hi there,

My problem related to server stability has come back.
I woul like to use Tasker to check periodically(every 1 h or so) if the server is still alive and if not to start it.
Could someone help me with the start command that i wold use in Tasker?
I've tryed looking in logcat but i did'n manage to find out the command(i'm not so familiar with linux command).

Thank you,

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
Hi there,

My problem related to server stability has come back.
I woul like to use Tasker to check periodically(every 1 h or so) if the server is still alive and if not to start it.
Could someone help me with the start command that i wold use in Tasker?
I've tryed looking in logcat but i did'n manage to find out the command(i'm not so familiar with linux command).

Thank you,
I guess this post and its followups could be a good help, also the old samba thread is a good resource for tricks and tweaks.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26495235

Reactions: korado

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Page migrated from the previous thread for this APP at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8239139#post8239139 ]

Access the external storage card in your Android device over wifi / network as a SMB / Windows shared folder.

This app requires your device to already have:
    * root access.
    * Superuser 2.3.6.2 or later, from Android Market (may work with other Android 'su' implementations but I havent tested with many others).

Installation
    * Install the current Google Play version
    * A Development version is also available (see below).

On the first run, make sure you catch the SuperUser Auth request to allow the Samba Filesharing app root access.

Also, the first run will be a bit slow, the app has to unpack some additional binaries into its private data space.

GPL: Based on the awesome UNIX http://www.samba.org/ project - Samba GPL licensing information including source code modification details are included in the app. Once installed go to Menu -> Settings -> About.

Screen shots
    110905main_full.png 110905prefs_01_full.png 110905prefs_02_full.png 110905prefs_03_full.png

If you like this app, please consider making a small donation. Not to me, but to one of the charities I strongly support: Cancer Research, or Animal Welfare.

Larest Dev build attached below, and includes some additional customisable options for new features in development, and manual edits to the smb.conf (use at your own peril, but please report successes etc back here)

- To install: unzip, and either:
    - ADB: adb install SambaFilesharing<version>.apk
    - FileManager: Copy the APK to /sdcard on your device, then launch with a filemanager program (like Astro).

(The below SambaFilesharing-dev-130413.zip is the the Google Play 140525 version with extra dev options turned on )
    I was happy to found your app, but nothing works (I have paid in the meantime):
    1. I cannot make a new user
    2. I cannot change sharings etc.
    3. I cannot change device name and so on.

your app does not accept any input :(

Until now I am using Samba FileServer or SambaDroid

You could make a own XDA thread here if your app really works.

Sony Z1c stock rom 5.1.1 rooted

I opened a new thread dedicated to LAN drive here :
    [APP][4.0.3+][Root] LAN drive - Samba Filesharing Server SMB1 and SMB2
    Feel free to post here ;)
    We dont know, only @JimmyChingala can answer that. But as he seems quite busy in his real life, he probably missed something and google suspended his dev account.

I am experiencing both of these exact problems on a Moto G. Were solutions to either or both of these problems found?

I think it is a problem of file-permissions on MOTOs
    here my solution (just testing):
    set permissions to 755 (eg. with root browser)
    for smb.conf to 755 the password-error is gone
    but sfs does not start so I set com.funkyfesh.samba and alle files in it (for testing) to 755
    and it works :laugh:

to share your 2nd scdard:
    copy all lines of [sdcard] ff..
    as new entry on bottom of smb.conf
    and change [sdcard] to [sdcard1]
    and path-line to your-path-of-sdcard1

scotty

Teted on Moto G 2nd Gen. 5.0.2 Lollipop
    (dev. editon from 1st. post and "Dont rewrite smb.conf" checked)
    Hello there,
    @darknessmessiah shared his workaround in LG G2 CloudyG3 thread to allow access to the application menu:
    ... access the menu by pressing and holding the task manager button
    Thanks @darknessmessiah :good: